Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:42 AM   #1041

I found a great neck strap for HD1000 at Ritzcamera shop, only $7.99 and it is very comfortable. Camera hangs on my chest now and i still can film while strap safely goes around my neck. They also have a mini tripod for $3.99 that lets you safely place HD1000 on the table or any other flat surface when you use self timer/remote. Tripod is so small it fits in your shirt packet, like a toy. Check it out
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:06 AM   #1042

Firmware update seems to conclusively have fixed my crashing issues as I have not had a single one after I updated, for three months.

Another problem:

Using it as a webcam the video starts getting corrupt after a while; bottom 2/3 flickers or moves or something weird like that. If I reinitilize the video it works fine again for some time. Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure if using it as a webcam is much used, but it makes for a *great* webcam if it wasn't for the bugging :P
DesktopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 12:27 PM   #1043

Can someone explain to me how to use "BGM" in this camera. What choices do I have for background music during replay? Is there a "set stock song only" in there already, or can we add our own music somehow. All it says is BGM1 2 & 3 or none I think and the manual doesn't really address it. Anyone know? Also, is there any fade in/out effect built into this camera anywhere for videos?
xgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:13 PM   #1044

re-d wrote:
Quote:
Any suggestion using an external video light for HD1000? Good price/value ratio is important. Does anyone using any video light?
I just got one of this and it fairly light and compact. Works fairly well.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sima-sl-20lx...06494457.html#
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:35 AM   #1045

Has anyonetried opening large HD1000 720p videos (45 minutes or longer) in Sony Vegas? I have 8.0b and I can preview and load short clips (clips under 10 minutes), but I shot a few long videos this weekend (some at 60p and some at 30p) and none of them will open in Vegas.Vegas doesn't seem to recognized them as videos. BTW, they are playing finein MS Media player.

uglybassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:46 PM   #1046

uglybassplayer wrote:
Quote:
Has anyonetried opening large HD1000 720p videos (45 minutes or longer) in Sony Vegas? I have 8.0b and I can preview and load short clips (clips under 10 minutes), but I shot a few long videos this weekend (some at 60p and some at 30p) and none of them will open in Vegas.Vegas doesn't seem to recognized them as videos. BTW, they are playing finein MS Media player.

I had this exact problem a couple of times and eventually figured it out. Vegas won't recognize MP4 files larger than 2 gig in size. It'll recognize any MP4 under 2 gigs, which means the video length can easily be way more than ten minutes depending on the mode you recorded in.

The trick is once you've gone over 2 gigs, things can be kind of messy. It's like you need to split the file before dropping into Vegas. I was lucky enough the few times this happened to have enough space on my SD card to split using the in-camera editing functionality -- but be careful cause you can easily erase part of your original file in the process (basically you need at least an extra gig on the card, so you can keep the original file, but create a new split file, then you can offload that split file, delete it from the card, then create another split from the other half of the original file). You're only other option is to split the MP4 on your computer -- but that can be bit or miss if you want to do it losslessly, and still end up with a file that Vegas can recognize.

Good luck, I just saved you hours of trying to figure that out, lol...
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:51 AM   #1047

Quote:
I just got one of this and it fairly light and compact. Works fairly well.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sima-sl-20lx...06494457.html#
thanks but looks nobody ships to Europe as i figured out only amazon which doesn't shipsonly books andDVDs/discsto Hungary.
re-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:24 PM   #1048

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
uglybassplayer wrote:
Quote:

I had this exact problem a couple of times and eventually figured it out. Vegas won't recognize MP4 files larger than 2 gig in size. It'll recognize any MP4 under 2 gigs, which means the video length can easily be way more than ten minutes depending on the mode you recorded in.

The trick is once you've gone over 2 gigs, things can be kind of messy. It's like you need to split the file before dropping into Vegas. I was lucky enough the few times this happened to have enough space on my SD card to split using the in-camera editing functionality -- but be careful cause you can easily erase part of your original file in the process (basically you need at least an extra gig on the card, so you can keep the original file, but create a new split file, then you can offload that split file, delete it from the card, then create another split from the other half of the original file). You're only other option is to split the MP4 on your computer -- but that can be bit or miss if you want to do it losslessly, and still end up with a file that Vegas can recognize.

Good luck, I just saved you hours of trying to figure that out, lol...
You sure did. I wonder if Vegas has problems with any MP4 file over 2 gig, or whetherthere's somethingspecific to the Sanyo HD1000 files that causes the issue.

Thanks again,

Ugly.

uglybassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 6:40 AM   #1049

uglybassplayer wrote:
Quote:
You sure did. I wonder if Vegas has problems with any MP4 file over 2 gig, or whetherthere's somethingspecific to the Sanyo HD1000 files that causes the issue.
I even have problem with normal (1 minute)720p and 1080i .mp4 files because when i try to edit it terribly slows down if i'm doing some special effects, while normal DV/HDV contents and mpeg2 files haveNO problems it renders in real time preview. I wonder if Vegas has problems with AVCHD not just the Sanyo's AVC H.264 format.
re-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:48 AM   #1050

uglybassplayer wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
uglybassplayer wrote: You sure did. I wonder if Vegas has problems with any MP4 file over 2 gig, or whetherthere's somethingspecific to the Sanyo HD1000 files that causes the issue.
I haven't had any problems copying and playing maximum size files (just shy of 4gigs) in Windows Media Player. I have two files that are this large that I made by joining clips together in camera from my Cancun trip. I haven't tried editing them in Vegas though. Just letting you know it's not the files themselves.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote