Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:51 PM   #1051

My experience has been the same. I can open and play them in WMP. I also downloaded a trial version of Cyberlink Powerdirector and I was able to open, play and edit them within that software. Douglas Spotted Eagle replied to another forum in which I posted this question and claimed that the problem is with Sanyo's implementation of MP4. I have my doubts however since the clips can be opened in the afore mentioned programs. I have also heard that Nero 8 can open the Sanyo files. This is leading me to believe that Sony just doesn't have a vested interest in supporting the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format as opposed to AVCHD.

uglybassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:09 PM   #1052

I have the Raynox 5050 PRO 0,5x wide-angle lens with a 40,5 -> 37mm adapter and notice some vignetting in 4:3 video and stills.
In HD video mode it works great.
Is there any vignetting in 4:3 video mode or stills with the 49mm 6600 PRO?
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:07 PM   #1053

*derxxsfilmer* wrote:
Quote:
I have the Raynox 5050 PRO 0,5x wide-angle lens with a 40,5 -> 37mm adapter and notice some vignetting in 4:3 video and stills.
In HD video mode it works great.
Is there any vignetting in 4:3 video mode or stills with the 49mm 6600 PRO?
Try this link and scroll down. You will find the answer.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...ox+6600+hd1000
re-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 5:44 AM   #1054

With this being a 53 page tread as I write, it would be nice to be able to have wisdom from rather ancient posts accesssible without scanning one page after another or without asking a question that has already been posed and answered.
Any suggestions as to an appropriate procedure to do a search in the HD1000 forum only?
As a test, i wrote "stabilization" and hit the Search button at the top of this page, but what came up was a list of hits concerning just about any old device...
The box is so tiny, but perhaps I should have written "stabilization+Xacti"?
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 6:36 PM   #1055

Hi there -

When do you think a replacement for the HD1000 will be released (based on Sanyo's previous release dates) . I'm deciding whether to buy now or wait (I only need the camera for my holiday June).

.... and I can't decide between Silver or Black - any serious negatives about either colour?
solidstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 9:47 AM   #1056

solidstate wrote:
Quote:
Hi there -

When do you think a replacement for the HD1000 will be released (based on Sanyo's previous release dates) . I'm deciding whether to buy now or wait (I only need the camera for my holiday June).

.... and I can't decide between Silver or Black - any serious negatives about either colour?
Hello solid,

you're thinking maybe HD1000a (as in HD1a) or perhaps HD2000 (as in HD2)?

Be good to yourself and get the model you can buy some time before your trip. It is not a good idea to take a brand new camera and ruin the beginning of your holiday memories by learning to use it, or worse, ruin the whole holiday's videos by not being able to see the footage in full before going back home. A clip that looks good on the 2,7" may be unsharp or grainy when viewed on a 50" HDTV.

A week or two might be needed to get intimate with a new camera - or is it just me? :-)

Been considering the black/silver issue too. Black looks "pro" but if you leave it in the sun, might get really hot. But we don't do that, do we?
lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 2:34 PM   #1057

I agree with your reasoning - it is best to get familiar with a camera before taking it abroad on a trip. It's just that I only just bought a Panasonic SD9 then sold it on at a £50 loss because I didn't like it. I don't know if I could take another hit if Sanyo released a new and improved HD1000a the day after I order my HD1000.

I can't see any talk anywhere about a new HiDef model - The current model was announced on 30 Aug last year and people only started getting hold of them early October. Bearing in mind that Sanyo just announced a new Xacti (CG9) and never made any mention of any other models makes me think that the current HD1000 model may also hang around until Oct 2008. Do Sanyo ever update a model more than once a year?

By the way I'm leaning towards the Silver because I think I'm less likely to get shot holding it. If I whip the black one out of it's holster in the wrong situation I could be in big trouble.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 3:10 PM   #1058

I doubt they'd release a new model so soon. Even if you look at Canon's Vixia HF10 and 100 they were annouced a good amount of months before the actual set release date.

As for the color... I wasn't aware you could choose the color. I thought it was region specific. But I wouldn't worry about the mistaken for a gun thing. Just make sure you have the LCD screen flipped open before you start pointing it at people. I point mine down, open the screen, then raise it and start filming and so far I haven't gotten a single strange look. And honestly, guns come in blackAND silver :-)

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 7:58 PM   #1059

OK, I've gone ahead and ordered one (in Silver) - so you can expect the updated version to be announced any minute now.

Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:07 PM   #1060

After reading all 50s pages of this topic I got the HD1000 last week and loving it.

There are a few things I would like talk about

The differentbetween 1080i and 720p is pretty major on my 42" plasma, not like others said they're more or less the same

For low light you really have to follow others advise on using the manual setting, it make a world different.

The most import accessory for the camera beside ram card is not lens or battery or lamp..etc. It is a MONOPOD.

I don't like the file name sanyo use, it go like SANYO0001, 2 and so on. BUT as soon as you put a new SD card it the counter start from 001 again, I lose a few photo because of this. I put the the card into a card reader than copy in the my sanyo folder and it replaced the first few pic.

40.5mm filter is a pita to find.

the battery last a very long time

The clip play alot nicer on TV from the dock than on my HP NX9420 lappy.

The camera have problem focusing on very white things, like my cat.

Now I have one question and hope someone can answer.

I can't get it to play from dock using HDMI cable, onlyfrom component cable. And one know why?
White Cat is offline   Reply With Quote