Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:08 PM   #1071

Hi there,

Would someone please tell me how to play the 1080i in Plasma/LCD TV without interlacing lines? I played the video from a PC through a HDMI display card and hooked up to HDMI port in my plasma. I used Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player, all have interlacing lines. I couldn't fine any de-interlacing filters in both players (if there is in fact one).

Why it was OK to play the 1080i files from HD1000 (via HDMI) without interlacing lines?
syk2c11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:01 PM   #1072

There's no way to play it without interlacing. You would have to re-encode the video in a video editing software and choose to de-interlace it there.

However, I can tell you what your problem likely is. You are noticing the interlacing so much when playing through the computer because your computer's video cardprobably can't, or isn't set to, display 1920x1080 resolution. If your video resolution is set for anything other than 1920x1080 you will notice the interlacing heavily due to the way the computer is resizing it. It's called upward interpolation if your video resolution is set to lower than 1920x1080. If it's set higher it's called downward interpolation.

So, if you can, make sure you set your computer's video resolution to 1920x1080. If you can't you're out of luck... you will notice the interlacing unless you re-render the files. If you can set it to 1920x1080 you should barely ever notice any interlacing.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 9:33 AM   #1073

just want to let youknow about some interesting infos about editing Sanyo'sh.264 the videos in vegas.

Just bought my Intel Quad Q6600 and now the preview mode is far better then on my Amd x2 6400+ so i don't have to convert my files to DV format.

Here isthe details if somebody haveinterests:
- Vista 64bit
- Sony Vegas 8b
- Intel Core2Quad Q6600 (at default settings, no overclocking yet)
- Zalman CNPS8700NT CPU cooler
- Gigabyte-G33M-DS2R (mATX because i'm using Thermaltake Lanbox)
- 4GB [email protected] 667mhz

Source files are in720p60 because i can't see too much differences between 1080 and 720 picture but the frames which, i think, have more weight in the details.

Tried on Adobe Premiere CS3 as well, but no luck, it'sstill "laggy". Of course even in Vegasthere is frame-dropping, but not that bad as was on AMD and the speed is much better then on Premiere yet. I think this lag now is NOT as frustrating as it was.

Now i don't have to convert my files to use them in vegas, but it's till not acceptable that a consumer editor (nero, cyberlink)can handle the h.264 files on a weaker pc, but the prosumers ones (Vegas, Premiere) can not.
re-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:52 PM   #1074

re-d wrote:
Quote:
Of course even in Vegasthere is frame-dropping, but not that bad as was on AMD and the speed is much better then on Premiere yet.
How would you be getting dropped frames? It's not like the video needs to be captured through firewire, and re-encoding goes as fast as it can... it'll just slow down rather than drop a frame. So, I'm a bit confused by this statement. On top of that I too have a Quad-Core and haven't had any issues editing and rendering in Vegas Pro 8.

Rev.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 4:09 PM   #1075

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
re-d wrote:
Quote:
Of course even in Vegasthere is frame-dropping, but not that bad as was on AMD and the speed is much better then on Premiere yet.
How would you be getting dropped frames? It's not like the video needs to be captured through firewire, and re-encoding goes as fast as it can... it'll just slow down rather than drop a frame. So, I'm a bit confused by this statement. On top of that I too have a Quad-Core and haven't had any issues editing and rendering in Vegas Pro 8.
Dropping frames means in edit (no rendering, this ispreview, live picture or don't know how to say in english)mode not in encoding. I just don't want to encode in other formats from the source file (mp4, h.264) or capturing media. Okay i'm capturing mediawhen i'm using Tape HDV, but this mp4 and these are files so they are converted by the Sanyo so i don't want to convert them again even into any high definition DV format which are almost lossless formats.

So when you are using DV formats (eg.: capturing media) then there are no slow downs or frame-dropping in preview mode (while editing). While using mp4 files from the SD cards the editor slow downs in the preview but with Quad, now no big problem.

re-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 4:31 PM   #1076

re-d wrote:
Quote:
Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
re-d wrote:
Quote:
no rendering, this ispreview
Ah, ok. I see what you mean. I guess I should've realized that being you said the previewing is better on your new machine. Sorry for my confusion :-)

Rev.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:32 PM   #1077

Hi Rev2010,

Your advise directly solved my problem, Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:37 AM   #1078

Glad to be of help!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:46 PM   #1079

just bought a hd1000 For 629.00 at circuitcity.com just came today. Wow I can not believe how small this is. anyone check out this forum for hd1000 and hd700 http://hd1000.freeforums.org
macnplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 1:28 PM   #1080

Hi there,

Would someone please tell me how to create transparent text in Sony Vegas Pro 8. I managed to create text but I couldn't find any option for transparent text background. Thanks in advance.