Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 1, 2008, 9:59 PM   #1221

I don't know about the HD1000 but my HD1010 came with a lite version of Nero8. I tried to process 1080i files in Nero and it said I had to pay for the full version to get that option. It appeared to handle the 1080i it was just when I went to save the file that it came up with the pay sign.

1080i is the main format that editors have problems with and at the moment I think it is a matter of pot luck whether or not a program will really handle them. I don't think you will have any problem with the 720p 60fps.

From another thread you may want to have a look at avidemux http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/ it does a fantastic job of up scaling 720p 60fps to 1080p 60fps plus many other great features.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:34 AM   #1222

relate2 wrote:
Quote:
..... I don't think you will have any problem with the 720p 60fps.

I can confrim the above as I have recently installed Nero 8 Elements and it processes 720p 60fps perfectly
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:14 PM   #1223

Thanks. My HD1000 just arrived. Did a quick video @ 1080i and tried to edit in Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultra. It wasn't able to read the files. Would Nero 8 be able too?

I hate to lose the resolution stepping down from 1080i to 720p. I had 720p with my HD700.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:05 PM   #1224

I had some time today and good sun to shoot some outdoor video. I have to say that 1080i definately looks better than 720p on my 56" 1080P TV. Seems like the I.S. works better on 1080i. Also there seems to be a slight glimmer given off at 720p (especially at the 30fps) when shooting things like tile roofs or brick walls.

I did try Nero 8 and while I can get the file to load it won't do anything (I just see the first frame). I tried loading a 720p file from my HD720 and it did the same thing. I have a quad intel and a good video card.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 1:31 AM   #1225

You can watch the Sanyo MP4 videos (and other default HD formats) on your PC if installing CoreAVC Professional codecs - http://www.coreavc.com/ - make sure that you also install Haali Media Splitter which should come with CoreAVC.
njetski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:34 AM   #1226

Thanks. I downloaded the free trial and it worked well for viewing on my computer. The thing is with my HD700 I was able to record my videos onto regular dvds and play them on my HD DVD player with no quality loss using Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultra.It won't even recognize the 1080i files of the HD1000.

Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:52 AM   #1227

Hi y'all,

I have a problem or two with the album function in the Xacti Libary and wonder if there is some way to rectify the situation.
It appeared to be the most efficient way to first move all images from like one day of a vacation to one album and afterwards edit that album. To my great dismay and disappointment, however, my attempts to delete redundant images from albums were a waste of effort - the images that I chose to delete were still there when I ran another slide show :sad:

Help! What can or should i do to produce albums that would be tolerable even to my family and friends, without deleting the whole of the old albums and redo them ?
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:15 AM   #1228

Just in case there is someone, who is not only still visiting this forum, but also interested in downloading rather large mp4-files and viewing one or both, plus also not someone who has already read this, I take the liberty of pasting in below, what I have already posted on on paraglidingforum.com. I for one enjoy reliving some summer memories through my HD1000's videos (and to a lesser extent, images).

Regards from the dark and either cold and wet or dry and even colder North
Peter

On two of my four flying days on Iceland in July (out of 11 days spent there, this was an excellent ratio for Iceland!), the flight had to be aborted because of rain, so it is only fitting, that the first published video recording of one of my flights is that of my second flight, and not the fourth one on that abovementioned singular day, where I would have flewn XC downwind towards Thingveillir, if it hadn't been for the need to spend that very evening preparing for my return to Sweden early next morning.

Anyway, I had decided to make an exception from the usual routine and upload in-Xacti-joined clips from that flight in the original MPEG4 state at 12 Mbit/s (I am anti-youtube!) to this server: http://tivoli.mine.nu/peterl/

Some comments to the goings-on: Tim Bishop and the others were probably aware of the forecast for rain in the evening (Tim had even mentioned it to me) and yet, as you can see in the movie (I wish I had been able to add the time of day!) they were procrastinating in absurdum, first at the landing area and later on the take off tarp. When I questioned Tim about this to me incomprehensible behaviour later, he told me that they were "chilling". See for yourself...
Don't complain to me about the file size of http://tivoli.mine.nu/peterl/HD720p12Mbits-July12_over Hafrafell part 1 and part 2! Downloading those files is a cinch nowadays, but let me tell you that uploading was certainly not! In fact, I had to abort the upload of part 1 because I had to leave, so a couple of megabytes are in fact missing from the end of part 1 - perhaps just another hover or flyby over the procrastinators assembled on the mid-level take off at Hafrafell...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:51 PM   #1229

Hey Guys, Happy New Year! Has anybody figured out the way to edit pictures ( like red eye removal) without loosing ability to view the picture in the Exacti library yet ?
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 6:17 AM   #1230

No, that can't be done.
Only if a file is edited using the Xacti can it still be played by the Xacti libary.

BTW, I have by now managed to produce movies using only simple/existing means. In other words, without having to purchase more powerful hardware nor an expensive software.
I copy a day's worth of shooting results from the Xacti libary to the 16GB card in the Xacti.
I trim video clips (remove unwanted parts) if I haven't done it before I put them into the libary.
I combine clips with the Xacti and then copy the results plus the still images from that day to a laptop.
I use Irfan view to resize images to correspond to 720p and to add captions or titles.
I combine video clips with prepared still images into a h264 movie, using Quick Time Pro.
Here's an example, albeit with only one still image in the beginning: http://www.vimeo.com/2581490

For playing movies that neither my computers nor the Xacti libary can play in a satisfactory manner (that paragliding video uploaded to Vimeo was a Quick Time movie) I have just begun to try "Popcorn Hour". I just bought a demo ex for only about 100 EUR. Compare that to the cost of a new computer or a new graphic's card...
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote