Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:39 PM   #1241

User relate2 also uses the xacti for video. You should check out his website and see his hang gliding videos at vimeo. They are very steady. He can probably add some tips or you can probably share info with him.

here are a few flicks of his hang gliding adventures.

http://www.vimeo.com/tag:relate2

your originals look good. you can use virtualdub and deshaker to fix the shake...or also create or buy a steadycam. I built one and my videos look alot nicer.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:02 AM   #1242

With even 16GB USB sticks available at a fairly low price and connectable to a dedicated media player like the WD TV http://www.trustedreviews.com/multim...edia-Player/p1 I see no reason to bother to burn any DVDs any more. Degrading 720p videos to PAL has never made sense to me before, and with something like Popcorn Hour or WD TV there is no reason to upgrade to a powerful computer for me. I cut and join clips using the Xacti, which is good enough for me and more fun on a large TV screen than on a PC monitor. A media player has no problem playing 1080 resolution mp4 either, that's why I plan to upgrade to the HD2000 already this year.

Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:53 AM   #1243

Another review of the WD TV, wich I recommend those who are not familiar with the concept to read:
http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/12/14...-media-player/
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:38 AM   #1244

Finally I got my new HD2000.
I bought it for 525 euros (sold my HD1000 on Ebay for 302)
The video quality is fantastic and the colors are much better than those on the HD1000.
I use a HDMI cable and show the clips directly on my FULL HD TV:

quality is unbelievable !!

I think I'll follow Pete's advice, I am not going to burn dvds any longer, I'll just do some in-camera editing and show the videos/fotos directly from tha camera or from a hard disk
rosobrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:52 PM   #1245
C-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcelandFan View Post
ARGH. Just when I thought I could settle down to live happily ever after with my HD 1000 - it did it again. "IT" being, in this case, wavy colored lines on the screen that did not, this time, go away by themselves but required me to shut down and restart ( it was woken from standby when this happened ).

I'm starting to get worried now. This is the second time it's done that - and it also, by itself, "lost" the shortcuts I had programmed in, despite the fact that the battery has never been removed. Anyone else have either of those issues?
Anyone else had that problem? It seems to plague my HD-1000. It sometimes works but most of the time I get those lines for extended periods of time. Any help would be appreciated.
C-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 1:49 PM   #1246

my hd1000 never shows these signs. but once in a big year i get chopped video like if it was de-video syncing but its mostly write issues and not the camera.

I recommend you use original batteries and also better SD cards. It could be a Writing issue or non-original batteries.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:50 AM   #1247

never had these problems with HD1a, HD1000, HD2000.
Once my SD card lost all the clips a few days after recording, but it was a SD card problem
Old Jul 28, 2009, 6:52 AM   #1248

For a couple of month, I had wrestled with the matter of buying or not buying a HD2000 this summer. A few days ago, my HD1000 settled the matter for me, because it ceased to record image properly. The screen was black, while the stills exposure settings displayed were f8 1/1000s, and if I shot a still or a video image, a horizontally striped light image was the result, with nothing discernible. So instead of having it diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible, I ordered a HD2000 as soon as possible. The diagnosis and repair can wait, none of my descendants was overly interested in receiving it anyway.
I ordered it late on Sunday at Camerabox http://camerabox.co.uk/, it was shipped Monday morning and delivered to my home on Tuesday morning. The best thing was the pricing, though - at todays exchange rate, it will cost me a lot less than it would have if I bought it here in Sweden.

This here thread, which has been dormant for quite some time now, should be superceded by one with "HD2000" in the title. Or has it already??? If not, how do you suggest we go about initiating one???
Old Jul 28, 2009, 6:54 AM   #1249

Default HD2000 Thread

I agree

Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:08 PM   #1250

That feels reassuring, rosobrer!
However, me starting a new thread would not make much sense, if there already is one on this very topic out there in cyberspace, or if there is none yet but only you and I were to post on a prospective new one...