Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:15 PM   #1251

Default Buying a HD2000 + problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosobrer View Post
Finally I got my new HD2000.
I bought it for 525 euros (sold my HD1000 on Ebay for 302)
I am very happy to have ordered a HD2000 from camerabox.com.uk . I received it one day later by DHL.
about a month ago, I had queried my posterity, to find out, whether there was any demand for m HD1000. No positive replies, but in late July, I could no longer record with the HD1000, neither clips nor stills, the display screen was dark in the recording mode, but the still or vid had horizontal lines.
Anyway, that the HD1000 ceased to operate properly made for an easier decision to upgrade already this summer to an HD2000.
The lowest price in Sweden according to Pricerunner was 6100 SEK, whereas I have just been billed 4460 SEK from MasterCard for my order from Camerabox.
Unfortunately, I also just had to send a message to Camerabox, telling them that the HDMI socket on the "HDMI DOCKING STATION" (as it says on the thing, made in Vietnam) is faulty. The connectivity was so-and-so from the beginning, and now it has ceased to be connectible by HDMI. I'm glad there is the component socket, too...

Last edited by Big Pete; Aug 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:10 PM   #1252

Default Correcting myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
Unfortunately, I also just had to send a message to Camerabox, telling them that the HDMI socket on the "HDMI DOCKING STATION" (as it says on the thing, made in Vietnam) is faulty. The connectivity was so-and-so from the beginning, and now it has ceased to be connectible by HDMI. I'm glad there is the component socket, too...
When I tried the docking station for my HD1000, the HDMI connection problem recurred to my surprise. After som consternation and experimentation, I obtained connection after having pulled out the cable's socket at the TV end a wee bit. I wrote to Camerabox and they'll send it back to me and I'll try it again.

BTW, If I had bought my HD1000 at Camerabox insteda of tax free at the Tokyo airport (my son-in-law did, actually, and it cost me as much in April of 2008 as the HD2000 cost me a few weeks ago!) then I would have had use for the two year warranty...
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:56 PM   #1253

Could it be that the HDMI cable that is faulty? Just my thoughts.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:45 AM   #1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldkwok View Post
Could it be that the HDMI cable that is faulty? Just my thoughts.
A reasonable thought. However, I had tried another HDMI cable that I had, and had the same problem (no connection to the LCD TV set), so I had reason to suspect the docking station. Choosing the other HDMI port on the TV did not make any difference either on that day.
I am rather curious as to wether and how I'll manage, when Camerabox has returned the docking station to me and I'll try again.
I had some slighter connection problems at a friend's home, the day before the total failure at my home.
Anyways, I got some great video footage and not half bad stills after driving 350 km north from Gothenburg to paraglide with my HD2000 last weekend.

IMO, it is the lens that is the weak link in the Xacti chain, so to speak, and adding a wide converter to it does not improve the total optical quality one bit - on the contrary. However, i am unwilling to pay three times as much for a Panasonic AVCHD device to get superiour image quality.