Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 9, 2007, 9:51 AM   #151

Back from a vacation, catching up, haven't looked at the AV watch review yet.

I noticed the English manuals are all online now:
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 1:08 PM   #152

BeachAudio.com just called to confirm order. They are shipping it out today and I have 2 day FedEx, so I should get it by Thursday. I hope everything will go smooth.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 8:55 PM   #153

Wow BeachAudio down to 14 (it was 44 yesterday) Selling out fast even at that price

btw Amazon also changed status. It says Shipping in 4-6 weeks... ouch

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-HD1000-D...043&sr=8-1
Old Oct 9, 2007, 9:30 PM   #154

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD1000-SLV

Warehouse123 has the VPC-HD1000 in stock now!

Now, I wonder where can I order the new DB-L50 battey!
I just ordered from warehouse123. I've purchased my CA-65 from them and they were very prompt with shipping. I can't wait
Warehouse123 knowshow to take care of its customers. A joy to deal with.
Ray301, do you know how to get the $25 Cash Rebate?

MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 9:47 PM   #155

MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
ray301 wrote:
Quote:
MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD1000-SLV

Warehouse123 has the VPC-HD1000 in stock now!

Now, I wonder where can I order the new DB-L50 battey!
I just ordered from warehouse123. I've purchased my CA-65 from them and they were very prompt with shipping. I can't wait
Warehouse123 knowshow to take care of its customers. A joy to deal with.
Ray301, do you know how to get the $25 Cash Rebate?

my hd1000 order is still listed as "waiting for payment" status... i'll submit my order number to their customer service email once they ship. I also bought the CA-65 only back in mid august so i'll see if i can get a rebate for that too
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 3:30 AM   #156

Hey, just about to order from warehouse123.com.

Realized that they are based in hongkong.

Anyone know if you can buy HD1000 fr shops in hongkong?

I have a friend who is going there this weekend.

pg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:37 AM   #157

It's appeared in the UK for £614.95 which works out about US$1200 (MP4-19B that beats your CAD$1100), for a few quid more and you could get the sony HDRCX6 which to me would be a better deal. This is at PurelyGadgets.co.uk website which normally have a good price so elsewhere is going to be even more. Yeah I think I wont bother.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:46 AM   #158

Reading the English manuals online that Caelum was so kind as to find and link, it appears that Adobe Premiere Elements is provided with the HD1000.

Reading the Adobe Web site PE 3.0 supports HDV natively so it should be a nice editing application. I think Premiere Pro doesn't support HDV yet, but I'm not sure about that. I already have Ulead VideoStudio which Iplan to use for editing on the PC but I'm going to explore PE as well..

My HD1000is out for delivery so hopefully will arrive later today. Ordered Monday from Beachaudio after it appeared Amazon had pre-sold their first batch.

This is my first hybrid though I do have the Canon S3 which takes amazing video but I never use it for anything but stills and I have the Panasonic PV-GS500 which is a wonderful camcorder that also takes stills. The limitations of the Panasonic are that it is a commitment to take it anywhere and dealing with tape transfer to the PC is a bother (to me).

One kinda cool thing that happened is that I plan on taking the HD1000 to a college football game this weekend and I want to use an external microphone (Rode VideoMic) with it. The mic is 12" long so I spent half the day Tuesday looking for a bag that was 12 inches long but not overly large otherwise. Finally last night right before bedtime I remembered I had a camcorder bag with an old 8mm camcorder that I haven't used in almost 10 years.Pulled my old bag outand sure enough it was the perfect size for the videomic and is still small enough that it is not of a ridiculous size.

An another note I ordered 2 Transcend Class 6 SDHC 8GB cards that are already here. Got them from Newegg at a good price and the card had good reviews there. I'll know in a couple of days how they work in the HD1000.

I also look forward to hearing the experiences of others with the HD1000.

Regards,
Lake
laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:41 AM   #159

Egmont wrote:
Quote:
This morning I got mine here:

http://oani.net/item62.htm

Unfortunately, this evening they are all sold out.

Just watch them.
Second thoughts about this company, got an email last night late, saying, sorry, but we oversold and suggested I get get the camera from JVR.

I even talked to the guy and he raved about the camera, and yes, he had enough in stock. Disappointed about their business practice, so I ordered from Beach Camera. I hope they have sufficient stock.
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:28 PM   #160

beachaudio.com site says it has9 left in stock. So, you should be fine.

On the other hand I got my tracking info and scheduled to be deliveried tomorrow. I might have to take half a day at work so I don't miss the package.

I am unclear what color we are getting from beachaudio. It says HD-1000bk and no picture, but in the manual there is no such athing as HD-1000bk. It mentions it has 3 variantsHD-1000EX, HD-1000GX and HD-1000. In any case, I am willing to experiement with them because they did offer the best price ($720) on a just released camera.

Does anyone know if 16GB SDHC will work. BTW, I also noticed one thing in the manual and was kinda disappointed. Camera allows recording up to 4GB which is about 40 mins in highest quality 1080i. This might be a drawback to some who want continuous shooting until the space limit is reached.

Battery life is also not 2 hours like someone said, manual states 85 minuite battery. It's not bad, but not great by all means.

Here is something else which I never seen in other manuals: (talk about technology will kill you )

FOR AMERICAN USERS
The following advisory is included in accordance with the laws of the State of
California (USA):
WARNING:
This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash
hands after handling.