Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:33 PM   #171

killahb wrote:
Quote:
laked 3 or anyone with the hd1000, please post some sample videos under low light & regular conditions.(1080i) of course it would have to be like 10-30 seconds because of file size.
Accodring to the manual, for 720p you need 7 lux for 1080i you need 15 lux, so the results will vary. I don't expect much evenfrom 7 lux though, because my security cam which has 720p resolution and rated 2 lux is horrible in street lighting. (and it's the best consumer camera by Axis with excellent optics)
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:51 PM   #172

Hi all.. Im sooo excited as I just picked up my Sanyo Xacti HD1000 from Henrys here in Canada.. paid $919 for it anyhow its black in color -> picked an ATP ProMax SDHC card too 8GB.. havent opened it as I have to go to work now :?<- Sooo excited to try it out .... Hopefully soon i can upload some videos and pics too..

Says on the box made in indonesia
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:14 PM   #173

Lake,

Sanyo does not have the UV filter yet, did you get yours from somewhere else?

Thanks

Never mind, found it:?
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:27 PM   #174

Just got the camera not 30 minutes ago. Here is some footage. I zipped it up but it's straight from the camera. I'm putting it up because I've found so few pure files online. This forum has been a great help in deciding to purchase this camera. I got it just in time for my big trip. I'm leaving tonight. I hope the footage on my site is helpful.

optionaldelusion.com/sanyohd1000

I kept all the processing turned off so the footage is a little shakey but I wanted to see the cleanest image possible. Unfortunately I did not film in 1080i because I've had a lot of trouble with these files on my Mac. I shot at 720/30 and it looks beautiful. Not as much noise as I had feared (after horror stories from the HD2). It does not compare to my HVX200 but it is really amazing the image you can get from such a small device. It will fit in a coat pocket. There is some hunting with the focus and when the image stabilization is turned on and zoomed all the way in, I noticed some picture wobble. All in all, I'm really excited. I'm off to capture some amazing footage of Thailand.
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:38 PM   #175

Just got camera and I love the form factor, I don't think it's too big at all and ergonomics are just excellent. I also have Panasonic SD-S10 and it's about the same size except it's no wherenear what HD1000 has to offer hence it's $500 cheaper

Btw, it is black version from BeachAudio.com with US warranty and camera itselfmade in Indonesia. Price tag was $720 and it's now sold out.

Can you tell where can I buy additional battery and UV filter together? Also can anyone recommend a good case for it. Is there an OEM one?

Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:50 PM   #176

Thanks choavana for sharing the two candid HD1000 samples,very much appreciated!They lookvery good, I'm impressed.Looks fine indoors, hardly noticeable noise,when you go outside it looks cristal clear. It's funny because such a nice high res video deserves a tripod to avoid shakiness, but carrying a tripodin a sensedefeats the purpose of the camera's small portable size. Anchor your arm when shooting, should be good enough.

Have a nice tripto Thailand, you shouldcapture some amazing video with that.... Sawatdee!
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:13 PM   #177

Is this UV filter?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...m_UV_403_.html

Can't seem to find anywhere else in stock
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:20 PM   #178

http://www.adorama.com/FLK405.html 40.5 filter size. A polarizing filter seems like a good idea for this camera.
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:22 PM   #179

Here is a link where I bought mine:

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/search.asp

In the search field type: 40.5 uv filter

This id what I ordered:

Olympus UV Filter for C-5060 and C-7070
Item ID:270135251114
$33.35

Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:23 PM   #180

Could the folks that have an 8 gig mem card working in their HD1000s please post the make and model of the specific memory card you are using, and for that matter, maybe a link to where you got the card. THANKS!
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote