Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:28 PM   #181

Mine is the 8gb SDHC Transcend
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:28 PM   #182

A-DATA Turbo SDHC 2.0 116-239-001 $69.30
150X 8GB SD Card, Class 6

from Meritline.com

No problems with it so far. I also got a 4GB (same specs) and a SDHC card reader (3.99).
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:50 PM   #183

thanks for the video samples choavana. looks very impressive. :-) i was wondering why you are having trouble with playing 1080i footage on your mac. i have a mac too, i don't want to run into the same problems.

can someone post a video sample with image stabilization turned on. and how long does it take for the video to write onto the sd card after recording.
killahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:58 PM   #184

I've been playing with the camera for sometime and I am not sure if I like EIS. It seems a bit weak, or maybe my hands are shacking too much.

Btw, I ordered 8GB SDHC, additional battery, car charger & 40.5 filter. Everything was slightly over $100
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:07 PM   #185

the 1080i footage shows up as a green screen in quicktime. I wasn't able to import into Final Cut Pro either. It may be a combination of the 1080i with the AVC codec. I can play 1080i from my HVX200. I have a pretty fast computer, too. MacPro Quad 2.66 Ghz 3GB RAM. If anyone can get a 1080i mp4 to work on a mac then I'd love to know the secret. At this time it may have to be converted to an intermediate format though I can't get it to open in compressor or squeeze.

write to SD card seems instantaneous. and pulling the files onto the computer from the SDHC card reader is FAST.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:16 PM   #186

klas wrote:
Quote:
I've been playing with the camera for sometime and I am not sure if I like EIS. It seems a bit weak, or maybe my hands are shacking too much.
I abandoned EIS a long time ago on the CG65 and my footage IMPROVED. For starters, you get a slightly wider field of view b/c EIS crops into in the image a little to do it's thing. Second, the quality improves a little b/c not only does EIS crop in a little, it then had to zoom it to enlarge it back to the size of the resolution being captured (so the crop/zoom degrades the video a bit). And lastly, I thought the EIS itself just flat out sucked. If you had any vibration or shakey hand action going on beyond a little bit, the EIS actually exagerated the shake instead of helping it, which also could happen on movement like pans. YMMV, but that was my experience with CG65 and I haven't looked back since stopping using it.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:31 PM   #187

choavana, they say it is a problem with quicktime 7.2. you have to downgrade to 7.1.6. read it here = http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=5526397

where else can i get the sanyo hd1000 besides amazon.com with u.s. warranty. (without a 4-6 week wait)?
killahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 8:16 PM   #188

thanks, I'll be watching that thread as it seems no one has a great solution for the problem yet.

I got my HD1000 at ambient weather. I verified it was in stock via live chat before ordering. Ordered it overnight shipping and got it today.

http://www.ambientweather.com/dbvpchd1000bk.html
Old Oct 12, 2007, 4:03 AM   #189

Thanks for the video sample. Pretty good and thats not even the full HD quality, its only the 1280*720. Still waiting for a review online.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:58 AM   #190

Does anyone know where is the ND filter in the HD1000?
How is activated?:?:?

Slowly this is becoming compulsive/obsessive ... HELP!!
a73x15 is offline   Reply With Quote