Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 19, 2007, 5:51 PM   #261

yankeefy wrote:
Quote:
yankeefy wrote:
Quote:
TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Try installing the kdlite codec pack, that sorted out all my problems with mp4 files.
Hi, you want to say K-LITE codec pack ?

The standard or full version ?

Regards
I have installed the 3.5 standard version of K-lite codec pack and reinstall quicktime reader 7.2.

When i read the clip in quicktime i always have the green screen (grrrrr....) !

When i import the MP4 file into ADOBE premiere elements 3.0 i have a green clip !!!

Any help ?

Regards
Quicktime does not use outside codecs like the one you've just tried... try downloading Media Player Classic to take advantage of the codec package you've just installed.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 2:19 AM   #262

:?Also to current Sanyo HD1000 users:

If you previously used Sanyo HD2 like I did, do you know how to convert video recorded using HD2 to something that you can play using HD1000, or even better achive into HD1000's USB hard driveLibrary and paly it using HD1000? I have got tons of video from Yellowstone recorded using HD2 and I don't want to get rid of my HD2 before I find a way to play HD2 video on HD1000 through either some sort of conversion or file upgrade. I understandthe two models now use different file format but I still believe they should be inter-convertable. Sanyo should offer a path for HD2 users tomake their old video playable using HD1000.

Any ideas?
rliusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:29 PM   #263

As promised, a raw sample using default settings in 720p 60fps.

http://dl.free.fr/fDXsU3ibU/SANY0004.MP4

My advice is to see it on a HDTV to really judge the quality. PS3 with hdmi can read it easily or if you have a multimedia h264 hdd such as tvix or tomacro with hdmi, it works as well.

I will post a 1080i sample later today.
sonata1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 2:17 PM   #264

There are a couple of reviews up on Amazon. Neither of them are from me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V79G0M

I got the step-up ring I needed and my wide angle lens works fine but it is almost as heavy as the HD1000 so while it makes a wider image possible it does add considerable weight to the camera and makes it fairly front-heavy.

I already had the wide angle adapter so that is what I'm going with but you need to consider if you want any more of the portability of the HD1000 taken away.

Lake

laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 11:33 PM   #265

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
ray301 wrote:
Quote:
MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD1000-SLV

Warehouse123 has the VPC-HD1000 in stock now!

Now, I wonder where can I order the new DB-L50 battey!
I just ordered from warehouse123. I've purchased my CA-65 from them and they were very prompt with shipping. I can't wait
Warehouse123 knowshow to take care of its customers. A joy to deal with.
Ray301, do you know how to get the $25 Cash Rebate?

my hd1000 order is still listed as "waiting for payment" status... i'll submit my order number to their customer service email once they ship. I also bought the CA-65 only back in mid august so i'll see if i can get a rebate for that too
hey ray301,

I m going to order fr warehouse123.com for the HD1000.you bought fr there?It is based in Hong kong. Where are you? i m in malaysia. so not so expensive shipping wise. YOu recommend buying fr them. Any other place i can order in this part of the world? How long did yourHD1000 from the time you place order toget to you.

THnaks man for all your help and reply.

kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:21 AM   #266

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
hey ray301,

I m going to order fr warehouse123.com for the HD1000.you bought fr there?It is based in Hong kong. Where are you? i m in malaysia. so not so expensive shipping wise. YOu recommend buying fr them. Any other place i can order in this part of the world? How long did yourHD1000 from the time you place order toget to you.

I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.

I've bought my previous CA65 from them as well. Once they ok your credit card payment the shipment arrived to my doors in 3 days. I've had great experience with them so far so i would recommend them.

On a related note, I checked out american online stores first... B&H quoted me something like 35 dollars for 10 days shipping, another store quoted me 136 dollars for the same 10 days shipping! Warehouse123 on the otherhand charged me 30 dollars expediated shipping from hong kong that arrived at my doors in exactly 3 days.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:18 AM   #267

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
hey ray301,

I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.

I've bought my previous CA65 from them as well. Once they ok your credit card payment the shipment arrived to my doors in 3 days. I've had great experience with them so far so i would recommend them.

On a related note, I checked out american online stores first... B&H quoted me something like 35 dollars for 10 days shipping, another store quoted me 136 dollars for the same 10 days shipping! Warehouse123 on the otherhand charged me 30 dollars expediated shipping from hong kong that arrived at my doors in exactly 3 days.

Thnks alot dude

YOu got your rebate from them? Cant seem to find any accessories (extra battery and wide angle lens for HD1000 from warehouse123. You get any things else fr them for your HD1000. Just thinking of saving on the shipping in one run if there are any things else to get for my HD1000.. You hv any recomendations.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"BTW, your HD1000 is PALor NTSC system.Being that warehouse123 is in HK, more likely they sell NTSC system?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:44 AM   #268

I did get the 25 dollar rebate, but I think the rebate only applies if you have ever bought another sanyo from them.

I didn't get any other accessory from them since i didn't see anything worth getting at the time. the HD1000 works on both NTSC and PAL, but the power cord plug is the Hong kong style... the one that looks like [o o] so you may need to pick up an adapter.

update* I guess they changed the terms of the rebate, two weeks ago it was rebate if you have purchased another sanyo from them. Now the rebate applies to as long as you buy the hd1000.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 8:46 AM   #269

Firstly a big thanks to all who've posted news, reviews and samples..... You guys are really helping people may informed choices!!

One probably silly question, can you use the HD1000 with the screen folded down? I'm really interested in taking this skiboarding in a few months but I'd rather not be sliding down the slope with the screen out as one little tumble could be highly expensibe!!

Can I also request more 720p/60 samples, especially sports shots in good light.

Thanks in advance.

PeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:09 PM   #270

anyone knows where to order wide angle adapter?

I found it on Amazon, but it's 4-6 weeks and I need one sooner

VCP-L07WU

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VCP-L07W...409&sr=8-1
klas is offline   Reply With Quote