Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 22, 2007, 8:23 PM   #281

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
I did get the 25 dollar rebate, but I think the rebate only applies if you have ever bought another sanyo from them.

I didn't get any other accessory from them since i didn't see anything worth getting at the time. the HD1000 works on both NTSC and PAL, but the power cord plug is the Hong kong style... the one that looks like [o o] so you may need to pick up an adapter.

update* I guess they changed the terms of the rebate, two weeks ago it was rebate if you have purchased another sanyo from them. Now the rebate applies to as long as you buy the hd1000.
Finally order the HD1000 fr warehouse123. Cant wait to get my hand on my new toy as my wife calls it.

Getting a 8gb SDHC card as well from elsewhere. it seems like the HD1000 wil getto mebefore the card. :?

Regarding the rebate, how did you get it.

kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 8:28 PM   #282

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
Finally order the HD1000 fr warehouse123. Cant wait to get my hand on my new toy as my wife calls it.

Getting a 8gb SDHC card as well from elsewhere. it seems like the HD1000 wil getto mebefore the card. :?

I sent an email to [email protected] with the subject "HD1000 rebate offer"... and just copy and paste your order number in the email.

once they approve the email, they'll credit you the 25 dollar into your credit card.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 9:17 PM   #283

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
kc2626 wrote:
Quote:

I sent an email to [email protected] with the subject "HD1000 rebate offer"... and just copy and paste your order number in the email.

once they approve the email, they'll credit you the 25 dollar into your credit card.
Thnks bro
appreciate it
kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:43 AM   #284

Disapointed to hear the low light is not good. I have just ordered the HD1000 and am expecting it in a day or two. I had the CG65 and used the lamp mode in low light, it did the job but not great. Better than nothing but I was hoping the low light would be good on the HD1000 with the large lens.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:25 AM   #285

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Disapointed to hear the low light is not good. I have just ordered the HD1000 and am expecting it in a day or two. I had the CG65 and used the lamp mode in low light, it did the job but not great. Better than nothing but I was hoping the low light would be good on the HD1000 with the large lens.
Don't let one opinion throw you off, the low light on the HD1000 is better than on any Sanyo model yet as far as I can tell.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 11:10 AM   #286

Taynt, I read that you had the CG65. Is there any improvement in low light with the HD1000?
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:05 PM   #287

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Taynt, I read that you had the CG65. Is there any improvement in low light with the HD1000?
I haven't had it enough to really test it much yet, but the HD1000's lens is 2-3 stops faster at f1.8, so it simply MUST be better in low light. It certainly isn't any worse that's for sure. I think the bigger question is HD700 vs. HD1000 low light performance.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:27 PM   #288

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Disapointed to hear the low light is not good. ....
Hi, don't be till you don't have it in your hands:-)
You'll see that you can overcome this with manual settings. It's like using a digital SLR. In auto settings, you don't get great stuff, but if you manual and choose ISO, balance, AV, etc.... by yourself, then you get good results.
It's the same philosophy with HD1000.
After few days of use from my side, it's clear that you can forget the Simple mode and go for manual with shortcuts on your stick (AF lock, and ISO modes). Choose the right setting for your hd1000, don't let him manage everything.
Then, even indoor video with low light can be cool!
I did shot a video in a japanese restaurant, I will share the video online soon, you'll be impressed of the quality of the picture. Only the smell of the food is missing :-)

sonata1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:03 PM   #289

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
[...]I think the bigger question is HD700 vs. HD1000 low light performance.
I don't know, but I would assume the HD1000 is better (bigger lens, bigger sensor pixels). I've been trying to directly compare the CG65 and HD700 at standard definition and it's very close,I thinkthe CG65doesa tadbetter in low light (forvideo).Overall I don't think the HD700 does better with standard definition video than the CG65. Knowing me I'm probably always going to shoot in HD with the HD700 from now on anyhow since it's so dramatically more detailed (literally 3X more).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 4:02 PM   #290

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
[...]I think the bigger question is HD700 vs. HD1000 low light performance.
I don't know, but I would assume the HD1000 is better (bigger lens, bigger sensor pixels). I've been trying to directly compare the CG65 and HD700 at standard definition and it's very close,I thinkthe CG65doesa tadbetter in low light (forvideo).Overall I don't think the HD700 does better with standard definition video than the CG65. Knowing me I'm probably always going to shoot in HD with the HD700 from now on anyhow since it's so dramatically more detailed (literally 3X more).
the sensor used on the HD700 and HD1000 are both 1/2.5" so technically I would think HD700 have bigger pixels... and HD700 uses CCD and HD1000 uses CMOS. Traditionally the thinking is that CCD does low light better, but that's not always the case anymore.

Image quality wise, i think the new HD camcorders proabably won't do any worse than the previous version... but having had the E1, I do find the lowlight focus to be worse off on the HD1000.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote