Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 31, 2007, 12:34 PM   #21

OK, done.

But I must confess, your bouncing ball is appealing, wouldn't mind doing it in lime green.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 12:53 PM   #22

CALEUM, YOU ARE THE BEST ;-)))

Sorry... I won't do it again...

anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 1:16 PM   #23

[align=left]:OBut... that's mine!! :lol:Heh, I made that a long time ago. Just need to re-assign the color pallet:[/align]
[align=center][/align]
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:31 PM   #24

too bad Sanyo doenst have OIS, for movie recording OIS is a must.

SAnyo should buy the OIS tech from panasonic, without it their camcorder is next to useless.
k1mch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:42 PM   #25

k1mch1 wrote:
Quote:
[...]SAnyo should buy the OIS tech from panasonic, without it their camcorder is next to useless.
:roll: we know nothing yet of Sanyo's new digital stabilizing technology. It's easy to make snap judgements without any knowledge or hands-on experience. OIS requires motors and physical movement to counter movement, it's not perfect either. I don't know how well or how poor the HD1000 will perform, I'm just saying that until we see something it's premature tocome to conclusions.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:44 PM   #26

Well as CG6 owner I guess I better sound off on this exciting thread.

Any one who owns a sanyo already knows about the attention to detail these people give to design and features! So it's no surprise to see another gem roll out!

I simply can not wait to see video samples. I may have to start selling some old digital gear on ebay! :G
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:00 PM   #27

Did you remark that the new HD1000 is less light sensitiv than the CA65 ?

--> HD1000 is annouced with "minimum 3-9 lux "and the XACTI CA65 is 3-7 lux !!!

Another question : is HD1000 (for photo)a 4or 8M pixels ? --> Some websites wrote it's a 8M by "extrapolation" !!

??!!

PS:
I have made a nice short animation with the SANYOFRENCH WEBSITE (filmed with myCA65 ! )

---> HERE :

:arrow:http://www.anjoyplanet.com/video/sample.html#hd1000

welcome...
anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 12:27 AM   #28

Any ETA as to when it hits stores?
dvdivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 4:12 AM   #29

I was looking at the specs at this link.

http://www.sanyo.de/produkte_daten/d...D1000_en_E.pdf

They list the sensor as a 4mp not 8mp, so perhaps the pixel mixing is no more at HD rez.

4pm is fine for me in fact I think it is a better idea for most people that don't need large prints. Why make all that data from a noisy 8mp sensor and have to transfer the data over the bus just to process it back to a around a 4mp picture after the noise filtering?

The sensor is still a 1/2.5 so the low light should be close to the CG65 which is fairly good.

I don't know if the lens Aperture value listed in the specs is right. They list a value of 1.8 to 2.5? The lens looks large but this is better than all the supper zooms out there.

That's one fast lens.

I love the drive mode and the 10x zoom and the high ISO rating. All are better than the Cannon S2 we now have. If the lens proves to be a 1.8 that almost makes this a sports camera. (ISO 1600, F1.8 ) It even has a PC plug for a flash.

I only wish they had a 720 or 843 x 480 video capture and a 5mps 640x480 video mode. (EDIT) It looks like they do list a 1280x740 mode, cool.

A 843x480 mode would have vary low noise if the data rate was around 6mps and you could get a hour an a 4 gig card.

I was waching some footage from my panny TZ-1 at 843x480 of a basketball game on a 53" plasma and after I filtered it some, it looked OK at full HD. If it had less noise I could skip the noise filtering and it would be supper sharp but the panny data rate is too low and the compression is not near as good as H264.

A copy of the spec sheet.

XACTI HD1000
C-MOS Sensor
4 million pixels
10x optical zoom, (f = 6.3–63 mm, 38–380 mm and for videos 49.7–497 mm equivalent on a 35 mm camera),
autofocus: 8 groups, 11 elements, internal ND filter
Lens Aperture 1.8 (W) – 2.5 (T)
Standard: 10 cm (wide angle)/80 cm (tele) to infinity; macro: 1–100 cm (wide angle)
Automatic, Forced Flash, Flash Off, Red-Eye Reduction
20 cm – 6 m (wide angle), 80 cm - 5 m (tele)

ArizonaVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 5:13 AM   #30

dvdivx, it'swritten in the first post: October 5th.

anjoy, as ArizonaVideo points out, because of the high resolution video the HD1000 can't take advantage of "pixel-mixing" like the Cx6x series does to achieve better light sensitivity, but it does have a bigger lens and sensor pixels so it should be close. And yes, as per the specs in the first post, it's a 4MP sensor, so yes, the 8MP mode is interpolated. I agree with ArizonaVideo that a clear 4MP isbetter than a noisy 8MP; remains to be seen the quality of the HD1000's stills.