Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 24, 2007, 2:18 PM   #301

ardvark1 wrote:
Quote:
I see that the 16 Gig SDHC cards are out now for about $169 CDN, do you know if this camera will support it??

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks
Hi Ardvark1
Could you please give us the url of the site where you saw this card at this price? :-)

Btw, here's another video taken with my hd1000, then recoded into divx for stage6 streaming.
It was indoor with no big light. 720p.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/sonataxx...ntendo-Sprites

sonata1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 2:20 PM   #302

ardvark1 wrote:
Quote:
I see that the 16 Gig SDHC cards are out now for about $169 CDN, do you know if this camera will support it??
Don't know; I doubt anyone will have had a chance to test it yet, but there should be no reason why they wouldn't work. The camera must follow the SDHC standard, and since it'sbasically a FAT32 file system implementation the camera should be able to handle any size standard SDHC (not a fake).

BTW newegg has one for around US$150.

Taynt3d, thanks for the workflow breakdown! Good to know. I make my movies with the MP4s directly in Vegas, but of course my projects arefairly straightforward / simple. Iwas surprised that it was still manageable with the 720p MP4s. I also just realized I can make very good quality fullscreen videos from the widescreen footage simply by croping the widescreen (works out to, umm, about 960 x 720 input resolution), pan and scanas needed.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 9:55 AM   #303

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
I did get the 25 dollar rebate, but I think the rebate only applies if you have ever bought another sanyo from them.

I didn't get any other accessory from them since i didn't see anything worth getting at the time. the HD1000 works on both NTSC and PAL, but the power cord plug is the Hong kong style... the one that looks like [o o] so you may need to pick up an adapter.

update* I guess they changed the terms of the rebate, two weeks ago it was rebate if you have purchased another sanyo from them. Now the rebate applies to as long as you buy the hd1000.
Hey ray301, i just received an email from billing dept from warehouse123.com asking me for scans of my photo ID and credit card. She says it is for verifications purpose since i m 1st time customer. Did you ever get that?

Funny thing is the payment for my order has been charged to my credit card and it has been 2 days since then. Make me worder if they have shipped the HD1000 or not.?I was really hoping i will get it tomorrow..And why do they need verifications when the payment has been received>>>???

kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:03 AM   #304

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
ray301 wrote:
Quote:
I did get the 25 dollar rebate, but I think the rebate only applies if you have ever bought another sanyo from them.

I didn't get any other accessory from them since i didn't see anything worth getting at the time. the HD1000 works on both NTSC and PAL, but the power cord plug is the Hong kong style... the one that looks like [o o] so you may need to pick up an adapter.

update* I guess they changed the terms of the rebate, two weeks ago it was rebate if you have purchased another sanyo from them. Now the rebate applies to as long as you buy the hd1000.
Hey ray301, i just received an email from billing dept from warehouse123.com asking me for scans of my photo ID and credit card. She says it is for verifications purpose since i m 1st time customer. Did you ever get that?

Funny thing is the payment for my order has been charged to my credit card and it has been 2 days since then. Make me worder if they have shipped the HD1000 or not.?I was really hoping i will get it tomorrow..And why do they need verifications when the payment has been received>>>???

NO WAY would I ever send anyone a scan of both my ID and my CC, that's just begging for it. That ain't worth $25 bucks to anyone in my opinion. I mean seriously, what reputable retailer has ever asked you for that (I mean the scan)? Sure not B&H, definately not Amazon, etc. That sounds hella-fishy to me.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:55 AM   #305

Should've ordered it from Beach Audio when they had 50 or so in stock, they currently show 0, but you can still order it and they'll ship it as soon as they get some. They offer the best price ($721 & $5 shipping).

Anyway, does anyone know if HD1000 will have any firmware upgrades? Did HD2 or HD1a have any?
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:54 PM   #306

klas wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, does anyone know if HD1000 will have any firmware upgrades? Did HD2 or HD1a have any?
As far as I know, only two of the previous Xacti digital media cameras have received firmware updates, the C1 and C6. The possibility is there (the menu option can only be accessed if there is afirmware update placed on the SD card), but they will probably only release one if they need to address specific issueslike bugs or compatibility; I wouldn't expect additional features.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 4:38 PM   #307

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:

I did do that the first time i bought from them. Though I do use a seperate credit card (low limit, hardly used) for internet purchases. I did google around to see if there were any complaints about warehouse123, and I was reasonably satisified they were reputable.

Warehouse123 uses a third party broker for international credit card transactions, and as far as my experiences go (twice), they wait till your credit card actually clears and receives a comfirmation from the broker before they go further. After i emailed a scan of the front of my cards, it took them about a day before they shipped the order.

They respond to emails pretty fast, so send them an email if you want to clear up any questions.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 4:40 PM   #308

klas wrote:
Quote:
Should've ordered it from Beach Audio when they had 50 or so in stock, they currently show 0, but you can still order it and they'll ship it as soon as they get some. They offer the best price ($721 & $5 shipping).

I think beachaudio may be a great option if you are not shipping outside the USA. That was the online store that quoted me $136 for shipping to vancouver, Canada

B&H quoted me 36 for the identical shipping.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 7:30 PM   #309

Just in case some don't know (assuming most of you do), warehouse123 is in Hong Kong, which means you couldhave additional brokerage fees, duties and taxes applied at the border and most importantlyyou will not be covered bythe manufacturer warranty (Sanyo)... just so you know. Simply pointingit out because their web site does not make this clear and some may not be aware.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 9:35 PM   #310

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Just in case some don't know (assuming most of you do), warehouse123 is in Hong Kong, which means you couldhave additional brokerage fees, duties and taxes applied at the border and most importantlyyou will not be covered bythe manufacturer warranty (Sanyo)... just so you know. Simply pointingit out because their web site does not make this clear and some may not be aware.
Just FYI, the both time i've bought from them... they've declared the value of the package to be like 85 bucks USD on the shipping forms (i didn't ask them to do this for me). So both times i didn't have to pay the actual duty on the stuff... i think maybe 13 dollars or so for the Canadian sales tax.

Your experiences may differ from mine, so keep what Caelum said in mind when ordering