Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:36 AM   #311

hey guys! can u please tell me which is better video camera d sanyo HD1000 or d sony HDR-CX7E? coz i dunno which 1 i'm gonna get. thanx!
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 3:01 AM   #312

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
[...]sanyo HD1000 or d sony HDR-CX7E[...]
You might have to wait for extensive reviews of the HD1000. There are already some for the Sony, or at least it's sister cameras that record to disc.

It may be difficult to fullycompare all the specssince Sony doesn't really spell out their specs, for example it's not made clear anywhere butthe Sony only does interlaced AVCHD @ 1440x1080i, it does not do progressive HD like 720p; The HD1000 does true full HD @ 1920x1080ias well asprogressive 720p modes @ 30fps and 60fps.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 5:05 AM   #313

so u will prefer d sanyo HD1000 @ d moment yeah?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:44 AM   #314

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
hey guys! can u please tell me which is better video camera d sanyo HD1000 or d sony HDR-CX7E? coz i dunno which 1 i'm gonna get. thanx!
Currently I have the Sanyo HD2 and am also looking at the HD1000. I too was looking at the Sony HDR-CX7 and liked it, but then I saw that at Best Buy online, they had the Panasonic HDC-SD5 which is a tad smaller than the Sony HDR-CX7, was on sale for $899 originally $999, comes with a FREE TRIPOD and supposedly comes with the free DVD burner that is worth approx. $200. Mine should be in tomorrow. ALso I believe that the Sanyo HD1000 and the Sony HDR-CX7 both come with a single CMOS sensor whereas the Panosic comes with 3 sperate CCD, which *should* be better. I like my current Sanyo HD2 but will be selling it soon as I always like having the latest stuff :G. Maybe I will buy the HD1000 and compare it with the Panasonic HDC-SD5 ??? God Bless :-)
JRDELUNAIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:33 AM   #315

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe, but I have my own reasons that probably differ from other's. I've seen raw footage from that Sony, and it's good, if a little soft,but interlaced only has it's downsides and isn't computer oriented (main platform for me). Itmaybe little things, like I'm nota fan ofSony's more expensive memory stick,to just plain format preferences: have a peek at my mini-review of the HD700 where Iwrite about ergonomics. My priority is portability andsimple / easy /very casual everyday & everywhere shooting.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:05 PM   #316

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe, but I have my own reasons that probably differ from other's. I've seen raw footage from that Sony, and it's good, if a little soft,but interlaced only has it's downsides and isn't computer oriented (main platform for me). Itmaybe little things, like I'm nota fan ofSony's more expensive memory stick,to just plain format preferences: have a peek at my mini-review of the HD700 where Iwrite about ergonomics. My priority is portability andsimple / easy /very casual everyday & everywhere shooting.
QFT. True progressive rules your world if your main distribution is online. I plan on pretty much only shooting 720p despite the fact I have an HD1000. And no doubt, portability and ergonomics are also high on my list, and although not as pocketable as the HD700, the ergos of the HD1000 are phenominal -- it's a true "media gun" and feels as good as I can ever imagine in my hand.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:15 PM   #317

One more thing for HD1000 owners, I found a perfect case for mine. I was looking for the smallest case possible that the HD1000 would fit in and have some decent protection. This is NOT a case you'd be putting much more gear in, just the camera and pretty much nothing else. I needed some protection for the cam when I throw it inside other bags/cases like backpacks and whatnot, and this thing is a perfect fit. After searching quite a few stores, it because abundantly clear that due to the shape and ergonomics of the camera, a small case was not going to be easy to find. Well this one is the smallest I could find that had some decent padding. The bad news is that it's kind of expense for such a small bag, but the good news is that Circuit City is having a sale on them right now for something like half off -- around $14.

Direct Link to LowPro Apex 60 Here
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 5:44 PM   #318

Just got my HD1000 and first impressions are....

Its big, much bigger than I thought but it feels great in your hand. A lot more comfy than my CG65 but nowhere near as portable.

Picture quality is great in FULL HD mode. WOW! When compared with VGA mode, the difference is incredible.

Playing back on my duo core, 2Ghz, 2Gig ram PC is ok but editing is going to be a big problem. The combination of H264 codec and HD is causing serious performace issues. Think Xacti Library is only way to go.

Xacti Library does not support hard drives that power off the USB, thats a pain! HDD also has to be FAT32 I think, it asked me to format my NTFS HDD.

Low Lightappears pretty much the same as CG65 but more tests to do.

You need the docking station to hook up to tv, the CG65 could be connected directly to the tv.

Happy with the purchase I think, now time to play and see how it performs under various conditions....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 9:22 PM   #319

thanx 4 ur reply guys! i've been researching for more than a month now about reviews 4 sanyo HD1000 and sony HDR-CX7E. i think i will get d sanyo HD1000 for better movie quality as i heard dat d sony HDR-CX7E is grainy....sanyo HD1000 is true 1080i resolution than sony..sony resolution is only 14 something x 1080 resolution @ 30 frms and d sanyo is 1920 x 1080 resolution @ 60 frms. so i'll go for sanyo HD1000! now, as i'm new 2 dis HD video camera..what software can i use for editing? is d new Ulead video studio plus for HD is ok? and can i insert d SDHC 2 my ps3?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 9:44 PM   #320

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
................sanyo HD1000 is true 1080i resolution than sony..sony resolution is only 14 something x 1080 resolution @ 30 frms and d sanyo is 1920 x 1080 resolution @ 60 frms. ...............

Actually the Sony HDR-CX7is also 1920 x 1080 resolution but at 15Mbps where as the Sanyo HD1000is also at 1920 x 1080 at 13Mbps. Does anyone think or know if the extra 2Mbps makes a big difference ??? Hope this help. God Bless :-)
JRDELUNAIII is offline   Reply With Quote