Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:05 AM   #321
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Default

i hv checked out the CX7 and it does look goodon afull HD Sony LCD TV at the store.I hv not seen any demo fr HD1000 but i hv ordered one. Waiting for it to come next week. One single thing that make me buy HD1000 is the portability. CX7 is kinda bulky for a memory stick camcorder. Not sure why it has to be that big. The price also is a factor.

one risk i am taking with Hd1000 is the low light performance, apparently CX7 is better in that sense. At least that is what i am reading here. Anyone think otherwise? I will see. There is ways ard it, some forumers here are very helpful in recommending the work ard.

Hopefully my decision is correct/
kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:10 AM   #322
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 101
Default

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
i hv checked out the CX7 and it does look goodon afull HD Sony LCD TV at the store.I hv not seen any demo fr HD1000 but i hv ordered one. Waiting for it to come next week. One single thing that make me buy HD1000 is the portability. CX7 is kinda bulky for a memory stick camcorder. Not sure why it has to be that big. The price also is a factor.

one risk i am taking with Hd1000 is the low light performance, apparently CX7 is better in that sense. At least that is what i am reading here. Anyone think otherwise? I will see. There is ways ard it, some forumers here are very helpful in recommending the work ard.

Hopefully my decision is correct/
after playing with the low light more, i think i would absolutely recommend you set manual ISO at low light settings... cap it at max 400 and the results will still be pretty good.

its a fair trade for the portability, as long as you take over some of the auto settings you'll still get decent results
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:25 AM   #323
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Default

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
i hv checked out the CX7 and it does look goodon afull HD Sony LCD TV at the store.I hv not seen any demo fr HD1000 but i hv ordered one. Waiting for it to come next week. One single thing that make me buy HD1000 is the portability. CX7 is kinda bulky for a memory stick camcorder. Not sure why it has to be that big. The price also is a factor.

one risk i am taking with Hd1000 is the low light performance, apparently CX7 is better in that sense. At least that is what i am reading here. Anyone think otherwise? I will see. There is ways ard it, some forumers here are very helpful in recommending the work ard.

Hopefully my decision is correct/
after playing with the low light more, i think i would absolutely recommend you set manual ISO at low light settings... cap it at max 400 and the results will still be pretty good.

its a fair trade for the portability, as long as you take over some of the auto settings you'll still get decent results
ok man, manual iso, got it. But how low of light when you need to switch to manual iso max400. I guess i hv to test it out myself. But i totally agree that it is a fair trade for portability. Dont think i will take much video if the camcorder is bulky and have to carry another bag just for it

Oh Finally warehouse123 has shipped out my HD1000. after sending them the scans. They hv also included special gifts. wondered what it is?





kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:53 AM   #324
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 101
Default

You'll have to experiement with it when it arrives, its hard to describe what constitutes as low light but generally household artificial lighting and maybe 15 minutes before sunset would be a safe bet for manual iso.

As for the free stuff they sent... I got a usb sd card reader (though its for normal SD, not SDHC), a 3" screen protector sticker for the LCD, a little tripod (cheapo quality, but not bad for a little point and shoot camera), and a pretty nice camcorder case for a sony camcorder (too big for my liking, but its not bad quality) :-)

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
ok man, manual iso, got it. But how low of light when you need to switch to manual iso max400. I guess i hv to test it out myself. But i totally agree that it is a fair trade for portability. Dont think i will take much video if the camcorder is bulky and have to carry another bag just for it
Oh Finally warehouse123 has shipped out my HD1000. after sending them the scans. They hv also included special gifts. wondered what it is?
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:24 AM   #325
Senior Member
 
TheTurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 259
Default

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
thanx 4 ur reply guys! i've been researching for more than a month now about reviews 4 sanyo HD1000 and sony HDR-CX7E. i think i will get d sanyo HD1000 for better movie quality as i heard dat d sony HDR-CX7E is grainy....sanyo HD1000 is true 1080i resolution than sony..sony resolution is only 14 something x 1080 resolution @ 30 frms and d sanyo is 1920 x 1080 resolution @ 60 frms. so i'll go for sanyo HD1000! now, as i'm new 2 dis HD video camera..what software can i use for editing? is d new Ulead video studio plus for HD is ok? and can i insert d SDHC 2 my ps3?
Ulead videostudio 11 plus does not handle the HD files fom the HD1000 well at all, no matter what kind of file you output to it is all messed up. I am currently trying to get it to work. It also crawls along, almost unusable!
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:56 AM   #326
Senior Member
 
TheTurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 259
Default

Does anybody know of an editing software that works with the HD1000 files? As I already mentioned, Ulead Videostudio does not.

I just want to be able to add music, transitions and maybe a few filters etc. The moviestudio that comes with the cam is rubbish in my opinion.

I also want to be able to create a file that is the same as the HD1000 file so I can use it with the Xacti Library feature.

Any ideas?
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 5:03 AM   #327
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 101
Default

I think the newly released Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0 will work with these HD h.264 files. I tried the 3.0 that came with CA-65 and it was pretty easy to use and got just enough features to do what you mentioned.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 5:22 AM   #328
Junior Member
 
psion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
Default

Hi !

This is a message for Sonata1 and Ray301 mainly (who don't have private message ;-))

Could you post another [email protected] sample ? The one posted by Sonata1 is a good example but "a bit" (hum ;-) too shaky.
And sonata1, the choice of dl.free.fr is a good one since I am also a Freenaute ! Hence the download goes @ full speed !!

I have been waiting for such a camcorder for years !! (see http://philip.sion.free.fr/video/720pvs1080i.htm and http://philip.sion.free.fr/python/pysmooth/

Thanks in advance !

Oh yes I confirm, [email protected] plays wonderfully with PS3 on a 120Hz TV ;-)
psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:22 AM   #329
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 82
Default

the new ulead video 11 PLUS supports HD h.264 / mpeg.4 dat what it sez...ulead video 11 and u lead video 11 plus r different software...d video plus is for HD video camera.
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:31 AM   #330
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 82
Default

i called the sony australia dey sez d sony HDR-CX7E is not 1920 x 1080 it's 1440 X 1080i only. even d camera store dey admit dat sanyo resolution is higher dan sony HDR-CX7E...just do some research and u will see what i mean. i'm about 2 buy d sony HDR-CX7E 2 day but when i compared d quality d sanyo is more sharp dan sony...sony is a bit grainy on tv (HD TV). plus if u want to get dis sanyo HD1000 cheaper go 2 ebay or at least ebay australia..they selling dis item from $600-699 usa
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:52 AM.