Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:52 AM   #331

Post hard to read, jared :P

Just a few more words about [email protected] The PS3 is able to read them smooth only if they are on HDD or High-Speed CF. USB key or DVD+RW are not fast enough and produce jerky playback (tested only these 4 medias).

So when edited with Ulead or anything the question will be : how to store it and play it back ?
psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:56 AM   #332

Just to follow the thread...
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:35 AM   #333

Premiere Elements 4 doesnt do too well either with the HD1000s files. The only thing I can find that works is the included Ulead software. This is a real problem for me, I cant edit the files the way I want to. Anybody any suggestions?
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:04 AM   #334

I fear MPEG4/AVC editing is a bit too early...

It reminds me when I struggled for DV Editing on Windows 98 with FAT32 limitations...

Hope solutions will be there soon...but I fear authoring Blu-Rays is not for 2008
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:40 AM   #335

Yes but, Adobe premiere and Ulead videostudio are supposed to support these HD files, the options are there but they do not appear to work with the files from the hd1000. I have tried several conversions and they all do te same thing, after about 2 seconds into the clip it kind of jumps back a second and replays that second of the clips and does this for the duration of the clip. Very strange. The interesting thing is that when you use videostudio and try to convert to an NTSC DVD compliant MPEG the same thing happens but this does not happen in the bundled Ulead Moviefactory so they obviously changed some code to support the HD1000 files. Very disappointing as it looks like its the hd1000 files that could be the problem.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:21 AM   #336

MPG4/AVC is standard.
PS3 reads HD1000 videos with no problem so it's a sign the problem does'nt come from the HD1000 file format.

As I told you I had the same kind of problems with Media Studio Pro 6 and standard DV files YEARS ago.

Let's post in Ulead forums and wait for some patches and it should be OK :lol:
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:10 PM   #337

ok guys,

I need to confirm something. While I got acceptable low light performance using manual controls I am not able to get "somewhat shake free" videos with EIS on. As a matter of fact I cannot see any difference between EIS ON or OFF. Can you do some test and tell me if it is infact effective.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:20 PM   #338

Tried stopping cafeine ?

:G just joking...
Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:33 PM   #339

JRDELUNAIII wrote:
Quote:
Actually the Sony HDR-CX7is also 1920 x 1080 resolution but at 15Mbps where as the Sanyo HD1000is also at 1920 x 1080 at 13Mbps. Does anyone think or know if the extra 2Mbps makes a big difference ??? Hope this help. God Bless :-)
I'm almost certain the CX7 only does 1440x1080i. And that extra 2Mbps is almost entirely consumed by the uncompressed PCM stereo audio trackin AVCHD. AVCHD is not an ISO standard file format, it's a Sony and Panasonic creation. The HD1000 uses the ISO standard MP4 file format with efficient 48000Hz AAC stereo audio encoding, which only consumes 128Kbps.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:34 PM   #340

Hi,

***EDIT: Please see postbelow this onefor clarification regarding the AVCHD format.***

Sony Vegas Pro 8 works wonderfully with the clips right off the HD1000 even in 1080i (my machine is a workhorse). Ulead VS 11 isn't too good and Adobe Premiere Elements 4 wont do AVCHD at all. I actually have been converting my cuts in Vegas to HDV and then using Premiere Elements 4 with great success though my workflow may change.

I haven't worked on more than a few clips but Sony Vegas has been the champ so far with AVCHD.

***EDIT: Please see postbelow this onefor clarification regarding the AVCHD format.***

R,

Lake

laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote