Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:09 PM   #341

laked3 wrote:
Quote:
[...]with AVCHD.[...]
Again, just to avoid confusion for everyone, "AVCHD" is a name given to a format created by Sony and Panasonic which stores AVC (H.264) video with uncompressed PCM audio (or AC-3) in an MPEG-2 transport stream, it is based on a proprietary Blu-ray storage format. The HD1000 uses all ISO standard AVC (H.264) video with AAC audio in an MP4 file format (MPEG-4 transport stream), it does not use the "AVCHD" file format.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:44 PM   #342

klas wrote:
Quote:
ok guys,

I need to confirm something. While I got acceptable low light performance using manual controls I am not able to get "somewhat shake free" videos with EIS on. As a matter of fact I cannot see any difference between EIS ON or OFF. Can you do some test and tell me if it is infact effective.
I find the EIS is very brightness depended.... i find it works great when there's a lot of light, but almost acts like its turned off when in low lighting situations. I also find it alos appears to have the same connection to shutter speed.

ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:59 PM   #343

Laked3, vegas 8 worked a treat. Thanks for that advice, now I can edit as I wanted.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:02 PM   #344

Your are absolutely correct. EIS doesn't behave well indoors. I was recording a concert with plenty of light yesterday and EIS wasn't helping at all so all my videos came out horrible. Is there aworkaround for this?
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:28 PM   #345

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
JRDELUNAIII wrote:
Quote:
Actually the Sony HDR-CX7is also 1920 x 1080 resolution but at 15Mbps where as the Sanyo HD1000is also at 1920 x 1080 at 13Mbps. Does anyone think or know if the extra 2Mbps makes a big difference ??? Hope this help. God Bless :-)
I'm almost certain the CX7 only does 1440x1080i. And that extra 2Mbps is almost entirely consumed by the uncompressed PCM stereo audio trackin AVCHD. AVCHD is not an ISO standard file format, it's a Sony and Panasonic creation. The HD1000 uses the ISO standard MP4 file format with efficient 48000Hz AAC stereo audio encoding, which only consumes 128Kbps.
In other words, the audio on the AVCHD will blow away the audio on the Sanyo models, but the format may not be as widely supported (yet, but that is changing).
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:16 PM   #346

dats right! d sony is only 1440 x 1080i so it means d sanyo is got more higher res.
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:20 PM   #347

so sony vegas 8 works in sanyo HD1000? ahmmm if this is true i will get dat software but how much is it?
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:02 PM   #348

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
dats right! d sony is only 1440 x 1080i so it means d sanyo is got more higher res.
Don't forget that "resolution" isn't everything. Bitrate, codec, chip, etc. They all play a role. There's plenty of HDV-based camcorders that shoot a damn fine image, and aren't they all 1440?
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:06 PM   #349

Lake,

I managed to borrow a friend's laptop with Vegas Pro 8 and it does not recognize Sanyo MPEG4 files.

I get a message saying: The file format plug in for the specified format was not properly initialized.

Help Please :?
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:21 PM   #350

Hi,

Sony Vegas is a new experience so I don't know what to tell you.

2 of us have gotten it to work and had similiar experiences with other software.

There are other users that have far more knowledge about vid editing software and a Sony Vegas board may be another source.

It works beautifully here and I didn't really know what I was going to do because I expected Ulead VStudio to work and it was jerky and the results of renders weren't strong but Sony Vegas has given expected results and made the clips much more enjoyable.

I have a couple of samples I shot a couple of weeks ago at a football gameat lake.blip.tv if anyone wants to check it out.
laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote