Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 30, 2007, 5:41 PM   #361

Not sure why'd you bother paying $170CAD for a 16 gig card when you could get two 8 gig cards for possibly half that amount if you looked around. My main point is that why bother with a bigger card if the camera is going to end the file at the 4 gig mark anyway? Not only that, you get just a little bit of backup with two cards (if one fries in the field, at least you have the other). Anyway, just a thought... Now if they were of a similar price/gig, then sure, why not buy one, but at those prices, I just don't see the point personally.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:10 PM   #362

Guys, i just recieved my HD1000, so far happy with it,but a few things wantthe HD1000 usersinput

1) After i recorded my 1st video, i play it back onthe HD1000with no problem, but after that there was a message "system error" on the screen. The HD1000 freeze and all i can do is reset (on and off). The video recorded disappeared and nowhere to be found in the SD card. It went back normal and i can record my next video and no such problem thus far. Anyone has that experience or explanation for it.

2) I tried to copy my videoto my usb external harddisk via the TV as recommended in the manual. But after connection, message on tv says "processing" for a long time. So didnt manage to copy over.

is it becoz my hd is NTFS. have to be FAT32? or i need external power for my HD in addition to the power for the docking station?
kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:52 PM   #363

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
Guys, i just recieved my HD1000, so far happy with it,but a few things wantthe HD1000 usersinput

1) After i recorded my 1st video, i play it back onthe HD1000with no problem, but after that there was a message "system error" on the screen. The HD1000 freeze and all i can do is reset (on and off). The video recorded disappeared and nowhere to be found in the SD card. It went back normal and i can record my next video and no such problem thus far. Anyone has that experience or explanation for it.

2) I tried to copy my videoto my usb external harddisk via the TV as recommended in the manual. But after connection, message on tv says "processing" for a long time. So didnt manage to copy over.

is it becoz my hd is NTFS. have to be FAT32? or i need external power for my HD in addition to the power for the docking station?
I'd make sure to reformat the SD from the HD1000 menus. Did you do that before recording on that SD card for the first time?
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:07 PM   #364

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
kc2626 wrote:
Quote:

I'd make sure to reformat the SD from the HD1000 menus. Did you do that before recording on that SD card for the first time?
No, did not. OK, good idea. Will try that out. thanks man
kc2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:24 PM   #365

I had a bit of a quirk when i first got the HD1000 and my 8 gig sdhc card... it just refused to recognize the card and kept telling me to insert one.

I used full format from the HD1000 menu a few times and it stayed the same, until i tried the quick format option and then all is well.

You will need a external powered USB hard drive to work with xacti library. USB powered ones will not work. And I do remember the hard drive needs to be FAT32, not NTFS.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:37 AM   #366

Played around with the HD1000 a bit more yesterday and found that the focus hunting in low light is pretty bad, I think it was much better on my CG65.

The flash seems to have improved quite a bit, it does not drown out close subjects like it did on older models and it is quite powerful too.

I also played around with the shutter speed and apeture settings and it works really well, I was quite impressed. got some cars zooming down my road and the trails look great. Tested some fast moving objects and it captured the images really well, the CG65 was pretty useless for this. Also tried the burst shot mode and that was good too.

I played around with the High Sensitivity mode and the lamp mode and cannot really see any difference to be honest. The colour tones in the HS mode appear to be better but thats really all. When you record at 60fps I think the fps goes down to 30fps or lower but it is still quite acceptable. There are also lots of noise filtering software that can be used to clean the image up. I tested the noise filter in the options menu but didnt notice any significant difference.

You can definately see the difference in quality when shooting indoors as opposed to outdoors. Outdoor video is really really great, quality is fantastic. When I compare to my CG65 its stunning. Indoors you begin to see noise and some artifacts, its still really good though.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:08 PM   #367

as I suggested before, use AF Lock binned to a shortcut key and you won't have an issue with focus hunting.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:01 PM   #368

Yep I know about that but I was only pointing out that in my opinion the focus hunting was worse than on previous models. It is difficult to get a focus to even allow you to focus lock.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:13 PM   #369

i don't know how you compared, but CG65 max optical is 5x where HD1000 is 10x and Ididn't haveproblem with focus hunting if I use it at below 5x zoom in low light
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:55 AM   #370

That was the point I was trying to make, The CG65 seemed to be better at focusing in low light where the HD1000 is having trouble even at 5x zoom. It seems to take a lot longer to get into focus. I have to play around with it a bit more but this did jump out at me.