Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 5, 2007, 7:28 AM   #391

thanx to the all replies! now i'm not gonna worried then coz i already ordered d sanyo HD1000 and i'm expecting it to delivered next week. but what software editing should i need to buy for this sanyo HD1000? my pc is window vista and dou core 2x hard drives 200GB each hard drive 1GB memory
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 7:55 AM   #392

Buy Sony Vegas 8, its the only one that I found to work.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 4:47 PM   #393

I have been interested in this camera since Sanyo announced it, but am a Macintosh person with Final Cut and iMovie. Does anyone have any experience uploading the movies onto a Macintosh? Can I edit the movies with either of these programs. Thanks
srubin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 6:56 PM   #394

Hi Turk! which sony vegas 8 edition should i get? der is vegas 8 movie studio + DVD platinum edition, vegas 8 movie studio, and vegas 8 + DVD production suite which i can't afford 2 buy coz d vegas 8 + DVD production suite is too expensive!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 8:37 PM   #395

srubin, i heard dat u can edit d sanyo HD1000 in ur mac...just read back d reviews of d people here i think i saw few people who have mac and it works 2 thier mac. with ur imovie video edit just check d specifications of d software if it's accept MPEG-4, HD etc..if it is, den der u go u can edit d sanyo HD1000 in ur mac
Old Nov 5, 2007, 9:23 PM   #396

I've had my HD1000 since Thursday last week. Iused it all throughout the weekend. This little thing is amazing. They let meconnect theSD1 and HD1000to a 50" Plasma via component at B&H and I honestly couldn't see a difference.After that, I was sold on the HD1000 right away.I was also looking at the CX7s, but the Pro Duo requirement just irks me.

Ultimately though, it was about portability. Assuming my eyes are fooling me greatly and CX7 and SD1 are better camcorders, IMHO... the difference in qualitywould not justify the sacrifice of portability.Definitely no regrets. A big huge thanks to everyone in the forums!

Just like practically ALL indoor situations for all consumer camcorders,the Sanyorequires a lot of tweaking, but it'svery good once you do get it...not great, butvery good.Outdoors is just WOW... My only one minor complaint is the image stabilization... it's... really bad. You really have to hold it steady. Other than that though, it's perfect for me.

As for playback on the XBox 360 and PS3: the audio stutters on the PS3 and for some reason, I think it gets a "little" grainer on the 360. It's best to use the docking station.

jared3105, Vegas Pro 8's consumer version is called Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum Edition. It's $95 at amazon.com.I'm pretty sure it's just Vegas Pro 8 for the average consumer. In theory,it should be able to open and edit the HD1000 files.

You can download ademofor it, download the raw samples that have been posted in the forums, and try and see if it works. I've been meaning todo it myself, butthe PC I am using now is from ancient times.

I'm getting my newlaptop hopefully Friday, so that's the first thing I'm going to be doing.

TheDayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 7:54 PM   #397

Greetings forum members.

I'm thinking of getting the HD1000, and I've been reading through this thread--thank-you all for your insights. I have a few questions that maybe someone could answer:

1. Has anyone used an external microphone? There have been some reports on another forum about audio "clicking"using various mics on previous Sanyo models.

2. Can anyone clarify the sensor size and resolution? I had thought that the sensor was 1/2.5" and 4MP. However the specs in the manual specify: 1/1.8" and "virtual" pixels of 6.6MP (presumably for the video usage), whereas the camera "effective" pixels are given as 4MP.

3. This may be related to #2. Is the wide end of the zoom equivalent to 38mm when using video?
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:00 PM   #398

Hi,

I did extensive testing with the Rode VideoMic and it sounded great and there were no abnormalities or clicks or anything but audio on the recordings.

In addition, the built-in microphone is excellent.

Can't speak to your other questions.

Regards,
Lake
laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:15 PM   #399

Thanks, Lake, glad to hear of your success with the VideoMic. Does it mount OK on the top shoe mount? I was worried the knurled locking ring might be too large and would interfere with something. Does it look way oversized on the little HD1000?

I see also that timtak hasposted on this forum about the click problemusing a mic on the HD2. The VideoMic claims to have high rejection of electronic interference.

As formy specification questions, I'm not sure how much I believe the specs in the manual, since it gives the weight as 7.4 oz. without battery, but if anyone has any input, I'd like to hear.
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:21 PM   #400

The mic looks pretty large on the camera but when you set the hot shoe mount so the mic sits back it isn't in the picture at all (it never was but I set it that way to make sure). It fits the hot shoe perfectly. The VideoMic looks large on any consumer camera if you ask me.

I have to say that after testing I haven't used the VideoMic in the field because the on-camera mic is quite nice.

The HD1000 is not heavy and without the battery is quite light.

R,
Lake

laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote