Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:47 PM   #441

ARGH. Just when I thought I could settle down to live happily ever after with my HD 1000 - it did it again. "IT" being, in this case, wavy colored lines on the screen that did not, this time, go away by themselves but required me to shut down and restart ( it was woken from standby when this happened ).

I'm starting to get worried now. This is the second time it's done that - and it also, by itself, "lost" the shortcuts I had programmed in, despite the fact that the battery has never been removed. Anyone else have either of those issues?
IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 12:13 AM   #442

That's very troubling.

I wonder if the firmware update might address this problem?
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 4:08 AM   #443

gents.... back to 30fps/60fps....

Ulead videostudio shows the 1080i as 60 frames per second, Abobe premiere shows it also as 60 frames per seconds and Vegas shows it as 30 frames per second. Maybe that is why some software has trouble.

Also I did some testing with the xacti library, it works..... took a while to realise I had to create an album first. Before I created the album I copied files from the card to the library and the screen showed copying in progress but when you went to playback.... no images. Nice! When I then created an album and repeated the above it worked. Messy guys, messy!

I then put my two grey matter cells together for some dual processing and decided to see if I could copy and edited HD1000 mp4 file (encodedwith exactly the same file settings as a HD1000 file) to the library. No.... the library did not see it no matter what I tried. I copied it onto the SD card and the xacti did not like that at all!!!! So you cannot edit a file and copy i back onto the cam or library HDD to view using the library feature. This is very disappointing. I was hoping it would be a simple process but no joy. Anybody tried this at all?

Now better give my two brain cells a rest, I can feel the heat off my head.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 4:10 AM   #444

I also had one instance where I recorded a clip on full HD but the frame rate when viewing and recording a clip lookied like it was about 15fps. Lamp mode and High sensitivity mode were OFF and I changed lots of settings to see if I could fix it but I had to power off an on again to get normal operation again. Only happened once but did make me think!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 5:31 AM   #445

I strongly wish someone can take the trouble to compare the 1080i and 720p video of the same scene ona LCD screen of native 1920x1200 resolution to see which mode gives better resolution.

I wish I could do that, but my LCD can only do 1650x1080 natively, so my observation should be flawed. I do feel the 720p mode is a tad sharper than the 1080i mode.

This test should make big sense. Nowadays most of us use LCD screens. If 720p is better on LCD, why bother 1080i?

Finger crossed!
dongdongliushui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:48 AM   #446

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
[...]Also I did some testing with the xacti library[...]

[...]see if I could copy and edited HD1000 mp4 file (encodedwith exactly the same file settings as a HD1000 file) to the library. No.... [...]Anybody tried this at all?[...]
Keep in mind that the firmware updateaddresses theXacti Library as well as video and sound.

The manual states that the camera will not playfiles from outside sources.Even when trying to match audio and video specs,most PC editing software I triedso far do not preserve the UserDataBox records that contain importantinformation like the Sanyo TAGS that the camera most likely depends on. Also, most PC softwarecreate slight differences inthe MP4 file formatatbox / track level.I've tried creating MP4 files on a PC to play them back on the HD700andthe furthest I got was to create an MP4 for which the sound played back fine, but the video was jumbled. An important point is that it appears the MP4s will not playback at all on the camera if there is an IOD (initial object descriptor)in the file. You can use MP4Box to remove the IOD. I even tried to use MP4Box to preserve the MP4 headers and UserDataBox records and simplyreplace the audio and video tracks, but the video still didn't work correctly. I suspect unless someone writes a specialized tool, it will not be feasible to play MP4 video files created outside of the camera (M4A audio files created externally with theright specsplayback fine).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 1:22 PM   #447

Gents - back to the color wavy line issue just a moment - would really appreciate a reply if anyone else has gotten ANY weirdness from their HD 1000. Mine has now started showing a blank screen when I push "play" in the docking cradle to get it to play, then it starts and the screen comes back with the movie already playing ( as opposed to the "normal" movie still image which then starts to move when one presses the set button ) . It did not do that when I first got it and, more to the point, I do not think it SHOULD be doing that. So between that and the weird screen colors and waves, I wonder if I have the dubious honor of having the first clunker??

Now, to add on to the current discussion, you also cannot show files recorded with older Xacti cameras, at least not if you want to record it back to the SD/SDHC and play it from there.. I have a whole batch of original Sanyo files from my CG65, with the ORIGINAL file names and extensions, and transferred one of those files back to the card to see if the HD 1000 could play it back. It couldn't. Instead, a big yellow question mark appeared on the screen. Now, keep in mind, these files were NOT changed. No different names, no extensions, nothing. Just transfer from CG65 to HDD to SDHC to playback to HD 1000. No dice.

I don't understand enough about the transfer conventions to understand whether anything gets changed on transfer to an external HD and then back to the card, but I thought it was strange that the HD 1000 couodn't play back a clip taken by a "stablemate". Not that I need that, just adding - hopefully - to the discussion here. Meanwhile, again, would appreciate ANY other bug reports.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:23 PM   #448

Iceland fan, read my wierd issue above, only happened once though.

Good man Caelum, you nailed that one regarding the mp4 files. Maybe somebody will come up with something. I dont think I will be using the library feature now as I love to edit my clips and add music, text, transitions etc. Pity as it would have been great, the xbox does not play back at a quality equal to the camera but its better than nothing. Lets see what happens over the next few weeks and months.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:39 PM   #449

TheTurk- Thanks, man, missed that one completely. Hard to draw the line between
" should I send this thing back or wait for firmware update", know what I mean? Especially not knowing exactly what firmware will "fix" or not.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:50 PM   #450

[align=left]From the manual:[/align]
[align=left]"Can I play back image and sound files that I edited using my computer?[/align]
[align=left]— We cannot guarantee the accurate playback of files that have been edited using a computer"[/align]
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote