Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 13, 2007, 3:02 AM   #481

I was able to tell a lot ore difference between 1080 and 720 in the Sony LCD 46"Bravia. The 1080 looked amazing. In the dell LCD tv I was able to tell a diference but not as obvious as in the sony. So I guess it does matter what TV you use to watch footage.
Latinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 3:03 AM   #482

Anybody know if the audo recording setting is in stereo. Could I use this setting for voice layovers or is it best to film voice layovers and later in edit remove teh video part and just use the audio?
Latinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:10 PM   #483

*TWO HUGE HD1000 Problems... PLEASE help!

1 - I'm starting to pick up auto focus motor sounds in my movie footage. For some reason I guess I did not hear it before or it might have just started up. It's quite apparent. Anyone else having this problem?

2 - For some reason, my jpg's and MP4 Files are suddenly corrupt. Not recognizable on any of my computers. I'll go a whole day shooting footage and images and none of them work on my machine. Formating the entire card is the only way to get new files working again.

Please help!... Thanks!
ltakahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:26 PM   #484

Itakahashi, 1) Is it only in very quiet environments? 2) Sounds like whathappens with fake SD cards, they get corrupted once the real data capacity is exceeded; they are rampant, especially on e-Bay.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 2:13 AM   #485

Hi there, I am still struggling between HD700 and HD1000. Here is my most common use of video camera: indoor with fluorescent lamp (light tube), NOT halogen light,NOT spot light, shooting my kids who running around the house.

Also, something aboutediting program. Has anyone of you people tried to edit by importing a song as the background music? If I want to play the edited file in PS3, what program is capable to produce an edited MP4 (H.264) file, so that I can play the final product in PS3. I want to produce a 1280x720pvideo withmy selectedsong as background music in MP4 (H.264) format. Thank you in advance for any advise.

syk2c11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 3:25 AM   #486

syk2c11 wrote:
Quote:
Hi there, I am still struggling between HD700 and HD1000. Here is my most common use of video camera: indoor with fluorescent lamp (light tube), NOT halogen light,NOT spot light, shooting my kids who running around the house.

Also, something aboutediting program. Has anyone of you people tried to edit by importing a song as the background music? If I want to play the edited file in PS3, what program is capable to produce an edited MP4 (H.264) file, so that I can play the final product in PS3. I want to produce a 1280x720pvideo withmy selectedsong as background music in MP4 (H.264) format. Thank you in advance for any advise.
If you want a camcorder that records well in low light the xacti may not be the best choice for you to be honest but playing around with the settings produces ok results, just ok. You can buy lights that are very cheap, I just bought a 20 watt one off ebay for £10 and it works amazingly.

As far as software goes, Sony Vegas 8 is the way to go, you can add music, transitions, effect etc etc. It worked very well for me on 720p and I was able to playback on my xbox360.

Anybody any advice for me on my earlier question regarding rendering 1080i video in vegas?
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 3:48 AM   #487

Hi TheTurk, thanks for your reply. Regarding the editing, what is the config. of your PC? How long will it take to output a 10 mins. video in H.264 MP4 with simply background music, say just 1 track of video and 2 tracks of audio (one for sound of video and one for background music)?? Also, the lights you referred to, are you talking about the camera light attaching to the hotshoe of HD1000?
syk2c11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 7:10 AM   #488

The rendering of the file was pretty quick suprisingly, I reckon it takes about 2.5 times the length of the clip. I have a duo core 2ghz with 2 gig of ram. So for 10 mins of video you would be talking 25-30 mins I suppose.

Yes I bought a light that mounts of the cold shoe of the HD1000, it is reallygood but 15/20 watts is what you should look for. The shoe of the HD1000 is only for connecting the light it does not supply power as you know so look for one with its own power. The jessops 35w light looks really good and you can get it for about £30 to £40 on ebay new.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:01 AM   #489

any of u guys tried 2 edit ur movie from sanyo hd1000 in a new quick time pro 7? is dis a good software movie editing for sanyo HD1000?
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:58 PM   #490

I am looking to pull the trigger on this Camera but could use your recommendation on the following please:

• Recommended Brand for 8GB SD ? [/*]
  • Recommended Brand for 16GB SD ? [/*]
  • Additional Batteries, which brand ? [/*]
  • Other Recommended accessories ? [/*]
  • Recommended Vendors to buy the Camera and accessories ?[/*]
Thanks!
rajurocketman is offline   Reply With Quote