Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:39 AM   #501

You can burn the HD video to DVD with the included Ulead software.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:07 PM   #502

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
welcome 2 d club coz i've got d same problem...i love d camera and everything of it but i can't edit d video and transfer it 2 a blank dvd. in my view, maybe bcoz dis AVC/H.264 is just new and we have 2 wait 4 a new software 2 b released soon! i've gota 8 months old PC dou core and windows vista 2x 250GB Hard Drive. i've tried 2 edit d movie using Uleadvideo studio 11 plus full versio...didn't work! i downloaded d trial version of sony vegas 8 platinum didn't work aswell. i bought d Quicktime player 7 pro yesterday and it's a waste of money! ....so' ill wait next yr for d new software for dis HD thing.
wht langagz du u spk cuz itz hrd 2 undrsnd u somtimz.
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:21 PM   #503

Outrageous wrote:
Quote:
jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
welcome 2 d club coz i've got d same problem...i love d camera and everything of it but i can't edit d video and transfer it 2 a blank dvd. in my view, maybe bcoz dis AVC/H.264 is just new and we have 2 wait 4 a new software 2 b released soon! i've gota 8 months old PC dou core and windows vista 2x 250GB Hard Drive. i've tried 2 edit d movie using Uleadvideo studio 11 plus full versio...didn't work! i downloaded d trial version of sony vegas 8 platinum didn't work aswell. i bought d Quicktime player 7 pro yesterday and it's a waste of money! ....so' ill wait next yr for d new software for dis HD thing.
wht langagz du u spk cuz itz hrd 2 undrsnd u somtimz.
you too can learn to speak with this tool:
http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files...ranslator.html
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:36 AM   #504

I'm from australia mate!
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:48 AM   #505

A quick question concerning ergonomics; what's the camera like to hold with the screen flat against the body, but facing out to allow for it to be filming.

I'm interetsed in using this whilst sliding down the slopes so having the screen flat is the best way to prevent serious damage in the event of a tumble - and from previous comments you can't have the camera on when the screen is closed in it's normal position.

Does it make it uncomfortable for just one hand due to the bevel of the back of the screen now being the opposite way around?
PeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:54 AM   #506

PeeKay wrote:
Quote:
I'm interetsed in using this whilst sliding down the slopes

You might also consider Sanyo's waterproof Xacti E1 for skiing/snowboarding/sledding or however you like to slide.
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 4:49 AM   #507

HD1000 review found. i dont think its a good review whoever teh reviewer was he didnt do his homework. It claims it doesnt have a hot shoe when it does.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/camcor...-VPC-HD1000/p1
Latinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:05 AM   #508

now for my story of hell and this is just to warn other users of which hard drive to get or teh xacti.

The past week i shot with the HD1000 hair makeovers with live models for three days. Everytime the tape got full i would export data to a brand new seagate 750gb external hd. the first two days everything was going well and I could review the files shot in the hard drive. The third day i tried to see the files in the hard drive and there were no files although it showed the 25gb of data used but it will not show the files.

At this point I started to panic and called sanyo, they were no help they said once the data leaves their camera to the hard dive its the hard drives company problem.

So I then called Seagate and after being upgraded to scond level tech support and speaking with two different techs, get this Seagate does not support any of their drives to work with HD cameras connected to their hard drives and they said if it works great but they don test for it so they cannot support. They aso said that they never recommend having the hard in Fat 32 since it has lots of problems and if you have to use fat32 partition max 30gigs. I explained that the xacti only works on fat32 and not NTSF. He also added that they only support their HD when it connects to a computer but not a camera. he said that prior to buyimg the seaget drive i should have called Sanyo to see what hard drives models they supported or tested with their camera. Well i obviously was pissed off by this answer since the manual just says Hard drive and you assume any will work.

So now i am running data recovery software to see if i can recover the data. I will keep you updated but if i dont recover the data, 3 days of shooting and work will go down the drain.

Lesson for the day and advise to all, Dont buy SEAGATE HD since they openly say they cant support their HardDrives when the data is transfered from a camera.

To Sanyo get up to date and support NTSF since this is HiDef and we need space to store this files.

Lesson for me BACK Up DAILY after a shoot in a non Seagate hard drive

Latinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 6:14 AM   #509

I would say the problem lies with sanyo more than seagate. Maybe the new firmware for the hd1000 will fix the problem.... when it comes out for the non jap models.

I was able to convert a fullhd hd1000 file to avi using mp4toavi converter but am unable to play it in windows media player 10. Anybody know how to fix this, I get an error saying a pin is already connected or something. I cannot open the file in vegas either, it shows the file but I cant edit it or view it. I tried to change the setting in mp4toavi and it wont let me changed from source video but I can change from source audio and the audio shows up in vegas.

I also tried using programs to fix the avi but this didnt work either. An suggestions?
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 6:59 AM   #510

Outrageous wrote:
Quote:
PeeKay wrote:
Quote:
I'm interetsed in using this whilst sliding down the slopes

You might also consider Sanyo's waterproof Xacti E1 for skiing/snowboarding/sledding or however you like to slide.
It's ok for more rugget environments but it lacks the main reason for being interested in the HD1000, 720p60.
PeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote