Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:27 AM   #511

I just purchased from J&R for 699 they dropped price 100 dollars.
rpawly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:45 AM   #512

Latinoise wrote:
Quote:

They aso said that they never recommend having the hard in Fat 32 since it has lots of problems and if you have to use fat32 partition max 30gigs.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Fat 32 is technically supported up to 2 terabytes (2000 gb) so that shouldn't be the problem. I take it you are you trying to review the files using the Sanyo in the dock hooked up to a TV?
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:18 PM   #513

Latinoise, not sure, perhaps as The Turk points out,the firmware update might help. The only requirements I saw were: USB 2.0, self powered, and FAT32. I did noticeSanyo have an olderJapanese page on Xacti Librarycompatibility (edit fixed: google translation). They do recommend to always make backups outside of the Xacti Library for safety (i.e. to data DVDs).

The Turk, I tried converting a 1080i MP4 to AVI and it plays back fine using Media Player Classic but not Windows Media Player 11. However I can play the 1080i MP4s directly in Windows Media Player11 without issues (I have the Haali MP4 media splitter installed).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 8:53 PM   #514

Latinoise, I can really feel your pain. I lost a 300gb HD a while ago. It's the most frustrating thing coming out of a computer age. Still there are professional data recovery companies around, and it's very likely you can retrieve most of the data, but the cost is pretty high. Waiting for your good news!
dongdongliushui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:27 AM   #515

Hey Caelum, that converted video file worked in windows media player on my work pc but not my home pc. Typical......
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2007, 5:02 PM   #516

Hi people... I have just update my silverVPC hd 1000 gx ( boughtone week ago)with the newjapanese firmware (intended for DMX)

and the good news are thatit works absolutelyo.k I suposse that when they release the international versionit will be the same piece of firmware...because it´s the same machine!

Note: during the process (that lasted about a minute or so)my heart bumped at about 170 bps...so don´t try this if you are faint hearted..

At the end of the update the camera powered off automatically...then I thought: well now let´s try the start button and it comes to life!!! language menu (spanish in my case) and previoussettings keepstored

I don´t see any improvements but if they released that...I´m pretty sure that it will overcome any issues...so I put it

Greetings from Valencia (spain) and sorry for my bad english.-

It worked wellfor me but..try it if you want at your own risk

Nicofilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:16 AM   #517

With advance apologies in case someone has already answered this, I did a search and nothing popped up...anyone here have the Sanyo wide angle conversion lens or "near-fisheye" conversion lens for the HD 1000? If so, what's your opinion? Image quality the same, bit worse, lot worse?

I do a fair bit of interior shooting with reasonable good light, mostly architectural details. So minimal distortion probably dictates the wide angle as opposed to the near-fisheye, but would appreciate any and all feedback on the workings and quality of either or both accessories.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, has anyone tried recording from the HD 1000 directly to a DVD recorder, the kind you use the record TV shows and such? Somehow, I missed that completely in the online manual when I first looked. For basic no-frills recording onto DVD this should be hard to beat because there won't be any rendering involved, ergo way faster DVD creation. Or am I missing something here?
IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 1:19 AM   #518

Hey guys! what do u think about PINNACLE STUDIO 11 ULTMATE...is dis compatible or a good software for editing SANYO HD1000 videos?
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 5:14 AM   #519

Dont know about pinnacle but Sony Vegas is amazing, I am only new to it as I used to use ulead videostudio and I am amazed how much better vegas is. No crashes, editing while playing the clips, wow!!!! I cant believe how much time I wasted with videostudio!!! Vegas is much faster at rendering too!!!
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 5:21 AM   #520

Good news after scanning my hard drive for two days i was able to recover my entire video shoot. i was extremely worried but i kept calm. Now I am happy to report i got my files intact and i will never ever use a seagate drive for backup what a piece of @#@[email protected] Anyhow if anyone goes through this painful process of losing data i highly recommend you get r-studio its amazing how it recovered all my files.

So now i can begin to play with the editing i will report back.
Latinoise is offline   Reply With Quote