Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:28 AM   #531

Thanks Heatwave, I knew that but I was hoping somebody could find a solution to it but never mind.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:48 PM   #532

dongdongliushui wrote:
Quote:
[...]Can anybody tell me a better way to capture stills from HD videos?[...]
Besides the in-camera function to xtract stills from video, you might want to try video editing software to extract a good quality still. For example, using Sony Vegas, I think if you set your preview to "Best (Full)", you can then use the "copy snapshotto clipboard" button to extract a still.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:08 PM   #533

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
dongdongliushui wrote:
Quote:
[...]Can anybody tell me a better way to capture stills from HD videos?[...]
Besides the in-camera function to xtract stills from video, you might want to try video editing software to extract a good quality still. For example, using Sony Vegas, I think if you set your preview to "Best (Full)", you can then use the "copy snapshotto clipboard" button to extract a still.
In Vegas, just set to Best/Full and then click the SAVE ICON in the preview window, that will directly save a JPG to disk. Also, make sure your project settings are set correctly when you do it (set to same res as you captured to MP4).
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:51 PM   #534

PATRIOT 16GB SD SDHC CLASS 6 - it is $169 on ebay. Would you risk it?
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 4:10 PM   #535

Has anyone been able to view mp4 video files recorded on their HD1000 through theircomputer? What software are you using to view the video on your computer?
heatwave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:12 PM   #536

heatwave3 wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone been able to view mp4 video files recorded on their HD1000 through theircomputer? What software are you using to view the video on your computer?
If you read this thread you'd see that the best results for full 1080i smooth playback on a PC were acheived using the CoreAVC codec (included with Quicktime Alternative). 720p should playback fine using ffdshow and other codecs, but CoreAVCmight befaster. But of course you still need a powerful enough PC (i.e. dual-core otr better) to smoothly playback HD video.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:25 PM   #537

Well, I'm still having issues with viewing my hd1000 mp4 files on my computer. I was able to transfer all video files to my computer through the camera using photoshop album starter. I then tried to open the mp4 files using QT. It brought up a "green" screen and was locked.

After trying alot of alternatives, I uninstalled QT and ITunes from my computer and reinstalled both apps with the version on the DVD that came with the camera. I am now able to view the mp4 files however it is quite jerky. My computer is a 2.8GHz Pent D with 3gbs of ram.

I then tried using this site http://media-convert.com/convert/to convert the HD1000's mp4 files to wmv files. No good...I had audio but the video was scrambled when I tried to play it in WMP.

I would like to be able to cleanly view the video files from this camera on my computer before trying to burn a dvd using the Ulead software.

Any advice would be appreciated.
heatwave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:03 PM   #538

heatwave3 wrote:
Quote:
[...]My computer is a 2.8GHz Pent D with 3gbs of ram.[...]Any advice would be appreciated.
For some reason you chose to ignore my advice... or are just not reading other people's posts? :roll:

Besides,you simply mightnot be able to playback full HD AVC video with your older PC.Consider that a current dual-core CPU, like a Core 2 Duo, running at slower speed (lessGhz)willbemore than two timesfaster than a Pentium D for a task like this.Also, quantity of RAM is not a factor for playback.

You can playback full HD video using the HD1000 itself to an HDTV.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:11 PM   #539

What he said ^^^
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:00 PM   #540

vikajakub wrote:
Quote:
PATRIOT 16GB SD SDHC CLASS 6 - it is $169 on ebay. Would you risk it?
It is cheaper at newegg.com. They're selling it for $139.98 (and that includes with shipping). I always buy my memory cards there and I've never had any problems. I'm just wondering if the Patriot will work with the HD1000/HD700
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote