Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 22, 2007, 2:32 AM   #541

Guys! where can i get dat xacti library from?
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:05 AM   #542

Jared, you might want to read the manual. Its a function on the camera that allows you to communicate with and external HDD.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 9:55 AM   #543

someone really needs to compile a sticky of accessories that work for the hd1000 ie. cases, sd cards, lenses, batteries and such.
rpawly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:08 AM   #544

rpawly wrote:
Quote:
someone really needs to compile a sticky of accessories that work for the hd1000 ie. cases, sd cards, lenses, batteries and such.
You're on it, lol...
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:32 AM   #545

Caelum,

Thank you for the response. I don't think your previous post was up on my computer when I sent the second message. They were only posted to the board several minutes apart. Nevertheless, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Codecs are somewhat new to me and I have a few questions. Here's some of my thinking. I figure its best to record in at the highest level even though I don't have a HD TV yet (planning on getting a 57" Samsung LED LCD early in 2008. Saving the files at the highest level will give me the capability to burn them to HDD disks once burners and disks are available.

The HD1000 has been a fun camera to work with and the pictures and video appear great on the camera itself. I've saved a few short video clips to my computer to experiment with the viewing and burning using the software provided by Sanyo.

It appears the version of QT they included is only marginally helpful for viewing on a computer. Curious why Sanyo wouldn't provide appropriate software for viewing 1080i video produced by their camera. What did you mean when you said the CoreAVC was included with the QT Alternative?

Do I need to purchase CoreAVC or is this somehow included with the software from Sanyo? I see from the CoreAVC site that there are 3 levels of the software. What level will I need to purchase to view the 1080i video from the camera? Is there some way to trial this codec to see if it works? Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm somewhat unsure if this software is stand alone or is used in conjuction with QT to view the video on my computer.

Any additional advice will be greatly appreciated.
heatwave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:27 PM   #546

For those that are trying to view their 1080i video files from the HD1000 on their computer, I've had some success that might be helpful. Originally I tried using WMP however it was unable to open the mp4 files. I then tried QT on my computer and it locked up. I then tried removing QT and replacing it with the version that came with the camera disk. This worked but was very choppy. I then updated QT through their website which only caused the lock-up again.

Next I downloaded the following free Codec http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec.htmand installed it using the defaults. Now I am able to view my 1080i video from the Sanyo camera using WMP. It's very smooth and the picture is quite good.

This codec did help in viewing the 1080i video files using Quicktime, Nero or RealPlayer. Media Player was the only application that displayed the files smoothly after installing the codec above.

I hope this is helpful to others that might be using an older computer and are trying to view their video on the computer. My computeris a Pentium D 2.8GHz with 3gb of RAM.
heatwave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:41 PM   #547

Hi I downloaded d free codec but i've got no luck @ all...my 1080i video files taken from sanyo HD1000 still choppy but less choppy dis time but it works pretty @ 1280x720 30fps
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:43 PM   #548

With the price of the HD700 down to $399 right now at Amazon, I thought a reality check of the pros (and implied cons) vs. the HD1000 was in order.

HD700: Pros
  • cheaper [/*]
  • comes in red [/*]
  • doesn't look so much like a gun (so you could use it at the airport, etc.) [/*]
  • more compact [/*]
  • lighter
HD1000: Pros
[/*]
  • longer zoom range (10x) [/*]
  • faster lens (f1.8 ) [/*]
  • headphone socket [/*]
  • microphone socket [/*]
  • metal tripod socket [/*]
  • threaded filter mount (40.5mm) [/*]
  • wide-angle adaptersavailable [/*]
  • stands up by itself (according to at least one reviewer) [/*]
  • (?) more powerful battery [/*]
  • 1080i and 720/60p [/*]
  • hotshoe [/*]
  • (?) image quality[/*]
Have I missed anything or gotten anything wrong?
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:03 PM   #549

Outrageous wrote:
Quote:
With the price of the HD700 down to $399 right now at Amazon, I thought a reality check of the pros (and implied cons) vs. the HD1000 was in order.

HD700: Pros
  • cheaper [/*]
  • comes in red [/*]
  • doesn't look so much like a gun (so you could use it at the airport, etc.) [/*]
  • more compact [/*]
  • lighter[/*]
HD1000: Pros
  • longer zoom range (10x) [/*]
  • faster lens (f1.8 ) [/*]
  • headphone socket [/*]
  • microphone socket [/*]
  • metal tripod socket [/*]
  • threaded filter mount (40.5mm) [/*]
  • wide-angle adaptersavailable [/*]
  • stands up by itself (according to at least one reviewer) [/*]
  • (?) more powerful battery [/*]
  • 1080i and 720/60p [/*]
  • hotshoe [/*]
  • (?) image quality[/*]
Have I missed anything or gotten anything wrong?
The HD700 also has a headphone jack, so that's not a difference.

The HD1000 doesn't have a hot shoe, but it does have a cold shoe.

Also, you left out a huge difference in the EIS, the HD1000's EIS is way better, the HD700 EIS crops and scales up the image resulting in resolution loss.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:10 PM   #550

I'd also probably add better low light and focusing on the HD1000. Probably due to the lens being faster.