Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:49 PM   #571

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
d video dat i edited is only 6 min duration and i uploaded or posted it 2 my website. it took me 8hrs it's gonna b d same hours if i'm going 2 burn it 2 DVD. i think it's normal and depends on ur pc aswell
My PC (laptop) is only 1 week old and is the latest (Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz and 2GB of mem).

Does anyone know if it is the transcoding or what that consumes so many CPU cycles and therefore clock-time.

If my intended target for the content presently is a DVD (i.e. MPEG2), is there a setting on the Camera to record this with such that the conversion does not take SUCH a long time.

Thanks,

Sohail
rajurocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:13 PM   #572

Did anyone buy any accessory lenses?

I'm about to buy this camera, but the 'add to basket' button and I are becoming a bit too much best buddies. I added all the accessory lenses and extra batteries and charger and now the price is laughing at me at over 1K. Not good. So I'm allowing myself one accessory lens, but which one...

I'm always looking for a wider Field of View so the 0.7x and 0.4x are the better candidates over the 1.6x (the 10x zoom will do fine on its own, I think). And I thought for a second, with the 0.4x and some zoom I'm back at 0.7x, so I'm better off with the 0.4x. But, the 0.4x is a semi fish-eye, so I'm guessing it semi-distorts the image, i.e. horizontal lines are no longer horizontal (what's up with this 'semi' anyway, isn't it fish-eye or not?). That would be fun still, but it kills my logic about not needing the 0.7x.

So, which one should I get? Do you use any add-on lenses? Would you if you had them? Which one would/did you get and why?

Also, I can't find any info on how much light these lenses take, because, interestingly the 0.7x is a much wider lens than the 0.4x. Although, cramming a wider view onto the same chip means more light onto the chip, so I guess it's not so much of an issue with the 0.7x and 0.4x, just the 1.6 should create a drop in light, equal to 1.6 the zoom and then some. Or am I not making any sense by now?

Thanks!
hagenaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:26 PM   #573

Where are you buying all of this stuff from ?
rajurocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:06 PM   #574

rajurocketman wrote:
Quote:
Where are you buying all of this stuff from ?
I was filling my basket at B&H (bhphotovideo.com). Any recommendation where I could get it cheaper? I had almost placed my order at yourdigitalelectronics.com, but when I saw they only accept Western Union I knew it was time for a reality check, which brought me right back to the price-point of Amazon and the likes. B&H is even a few bucks over Amazon, but at least I can get all the extras there.

NOTE for those needing a clear statement: do NOT buy from yourdigitalelectronics.com, it's a SCAM. In fact do not use Western Union for anything but sending money to your family, if you have to (there are often cheaper and more secure ways to do that too).
hagenaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:21 PM   #575

I'd like to echo something a couple of other members have said - it would be nice if people new to the forum took the time to read through the previous posts. An awful lot of what is showing up lately has already been addressed way early in this forum or over on the HD 700 forum.
IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:14 AM   #576

Thank you very much,

finally I decided to avoid buying hd 1000 but now you gave me an other problem...to decide between Cg65 and Hd 700 :-)

Can I edit video made with Cg65 and is it good quality ?

I have now a jvc Gr-Dvl 200 800K pixel ccd, is the cg65 better of this one or better the Hd700 ?

I promise this is the last question.

Roberto
muteki65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:21 AM   #577

I've had the camera a month now and of all the lens accessories, I would get the wide angle. The semi-fish eye isn't a look that I would use much, but the regular wide would've helped in a lot of situations I've encountered so far. Being so small and portable means that you'll end up using it in spaces and corridors much tighter than normal. The widest focal length on the camera is pretty narrow. The zoom lens will be unusable even with stabilization on. the camera is so portable that you'll hardly ever use a tripod (and when you do it looks kind of ridiculous).

The only other things that I'll end up getting for this camera are a couple of ND filters and a polarizing filter (and maybe a Tiffen ultra contrast). Overall the image is great as is and if you use the manual controls it can do wonderful stuff.
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:59 AM   #578

Guys, buy sony vegas 8. Its 1000 times better and is much faster than ULEAD!
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 4:35 AM   #579

choavana wrote:
Quote:
I've had the camera a month now and of all the lens accessories, I would get the wide angle. The semi-fish eye isn't a look that I would use much, but the regular wide would've helped in a lot of situations I've encountered so far. Being so small and portable means that you'll end up using it in spaces and corridors much tighter than normal. The widest focal length on the camera is pretty narrow. The zoom lens will be unusable even with stabilization on. the camera is so portable that you'll hardly ever use a tripod (and when you do it looks kind of ridiculous).

The only other things that I'll end up getting for this camera are a couple of ND filters and a polarizing filter (and maybe a Tiffen ultra contrast). Overall the image is great as is and if you use the manual controls it can do wonderful stuff.
Hey Choavana, would you post a few samples of the wide angle lens and details of where you bought it and cost. Was the video quality or focusing affected with the lens on? Thanks
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 7:34 AM   #580

u can ask anytime u want roberto..but as i said b4 HD700 is still a high definition camera and i don't know if ur pc can handle dis.... i think HD700 d highest resolution is 1280x720 30fpsnd the HD1000 is 1920x1080i resolution but u can adjust it 2 1280x720...it is worth 2 get d HD1000.
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote