Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:34 AM   #601

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:

lastly, the new MacBook 2.2GHz C2D ok to handle full HD videos from HD1000??
Theoretically the macbook should do fine but it uses the shared memory intel GMA for graphics. For the money (in terms of a mac) I'd sacrifice the portability and get the almost equally priced 20inch iMac. You get more max memory and better graphics card. You can check out the specs at (http://www.macworld.com/2007/11/firs...5new/index.php).

However, as far as I know, they have still not resolved the issue of playing the full 1080i HD on the Mac with quicktime. It shows only green screen. You can watch it (somewhat) with other viewers but all of the editing software for the mac is going to use quicktime. so at the moment I'm only shooting 720p (which is still very nice).
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:17 PM   #602

I DROP My Sanyo HD1000 yesterday! and it tumbles and bounce once on d floor! lucky der is no scratch at all i checked it for an hour side by side if der is any scratches...der is none. so, dis video camera is really good and tough ha ha ha!
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:08 PM   #603

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
I DROP My Sanyo HD1000 yesterday! and it tumbles and bounce once on d floor! lucky der is no scratch at all i checked it for an hour side by side if der is any scratches...der is none. so, dis video camera is really good and tough ha ha ha!
Thanks for doing that drop test for us. :-)
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:28 PM   #604

kc2626 wrote:
Quote:
And do i need a dedicated video card laptop, like those withnVidia GForce 8600Gs--OR-- the intel GMA X3100 shared is sufficient??

I was looking at the release notes for the nVidia graphics cards and came upon this (from p.13 of the pdf):

[align=left]Windows Vista 32-bit Issues[/align]

[align=left]Single GPU Issues

GeForce 8600: HD resolutions higher than 720p are not available.[308627][/align]

[align=left]see: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease_Notes.pdf[/align]
[align=left]So that might not be the card to buy.[/align]
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:43 AM   #605

I got the ATI Radeon 3850 and run the 1080's with Nero 8.

Works like a charm, audio and video.

I do have a 2 core quad with 4 gig memory.
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:20 AM   #606

After reviewing some of the footage ([email protected]) from my Caribian vacation I concludedthat camera is not so great for what you pay:

EIS is not effective at all in any condition. This camera screems for opitical image stabilization. Most of my footage came out jerky.

Grainy videos in moderate light, but you already know that

Forget that Auto Focus existsin low light, without using manual focus your footage will be out of focus all the time. Even in bright sunny conditions it tried to refocus.

Slow zoom!!!

Pixelate skies!!! That's what tipped the boat for me. I cannot believe the camera produced pixelated skies. (I was recording on the beach with blue skies and when I was moving camera it produced pixels)

There are other minor annoyances, but I was talking about major ones for me.

What's good HD resolution if image shows so many imperfections. It's dissappointing and I am hoping for a replacement. TX2?

On the plus side, the camera was actually pocketable somewhat and 1 battery was enough to shoot a whole day.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:26 AM   #607

klas wrote:
Quote:
On the plus side, the camera was actually pocketable somewhat
:P

Portability versus Quality, the same argument over and over again..... I dont think the xactis will ever live up to expectations but a HD camcorder that produces excellent quality video will neverfit in you pocket (I know the HD1000 is a tight squeeze!)

TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:01 PM   #608

Idon't expect perfection (I am a Windows user after all ), but auto focus issues and pixelation in a camera under normal condition are design flaws that should be addressed. My other digital camera and even my mobile phone that records in [email protected] doesn't have any focus issues.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 1:49 PM   #609

klas wrote:
Quote:
[...]mobile phone that records in [email protected] doesn't have any focus issues.
That's probably becauseit doesn't focus (not to mention that you really can't scrutinize focus detail as well on low resolution as you can on high definition). Your phont is most likely using a fixed focus (oft called "focus free") lens. If you set the focus manually on the HD1000 to "infinity" and have/set a small aperture, you wil get similar results and no focus hunting at all.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 2:15 PM   #610

The most annoying thing for me is trying to find stable software that supports the HD1000 files!!!! I love the camera despite its limitations and agree that there are improvements needed but I dont regret my purchase.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote