Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 2, 2007, 3:29 AM   #621

according 2 imac specification it can! better go 2 www.apple.comand check it der
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 3:38 AM   #622

ok guys! here's Sanyo HD1000 picture sample 8mp dat i took 2day. http://jared3105.multiply.com/photos/album/54/Sanyo_HD1000_8mp_sample_pictures]http://jared3105.multiply.com/photos/album/54/Sanyo_HD1000_8mp_sample_pictures]http://jared3105.multiply.com/photos/album/54/Sanyo_HD1000_8mp_sample_pictures style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"http://jared3105.multiply.com/photos/album/54/Sanyo_HD1000_8mp_sample_pictures[/url]
Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:36 AM   #623

Looks good, you have a great eye!

I love my HD1000! The more I use it the more I realize the advantages.

Best,
Lake
laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:27 PM   #624

Hello guys,

this question is for the guys who bought the sanyp hd1000 and tested the slow motion capability of the camera.

We know that mpeg4 have a lot of on the fly compression , so when we slow down the videos, they result grainy. Generally with 60fps, slow motion,should be great.

But I am not sure about the combination 60fps/mpeg4.

How is the quality of hd1000 video ofsport actions(fast changing in focus) when edited in slow motion??

Are they grainy?

thank u
marcolisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 2:49 PM   #625

marcolisi wrote:
Quote:
[...]How is the quality of hd1000 video ofsport actions(fast changing in focus) when edited in slow motion??

Are they grainy?[...]
If you are filming sports action, then generally there should be enough light so it shouldn't be grainy. I think you mean "is there compression artefacts?". If the camera is held still and thefull scene is not simultaneously and constantly changing it should be ok. You will get compression artefacts when either the camera moves too much or the entire scene (on screen) is constantly changing (for an example see ray's running water example). But if the camera is heldsteady (or tripodded), pointed at ascene where only the players (and ball, etc.) move, I would think you should be able to get artefact(and grain) free slow motion.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 8:28 PM   #626

How does HD1000 compairs to Panasonic HDC-SD 7 ?
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 4:49 AM   #627

I Just Bought NERO 8 2day and it plays 1080i 60fps! yehey! i'm still waiting 4 d Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate dat i bought it on Ebay. But Guys NERO 8 plays AVCHD/M-peg 4/ H.264 files!
Old Dec 3, 2007, 5:31 AM   #628

My nero showtime 3 plays 1080i 60fps ok..... Best of luck with pinnacle ultimate, let us know how you get on.

What version of nero did you get with the camera? I thought it was nero 8? I tried it whatever it was anyway and it didnt work and when I read some fourms I found lots of people with the same problem so I went back to nero 6 and showtime 3 which worked fine for me.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:22 AM   #629

Ok...I've been lurking for a while to make sure the topics have not been covered, and I am still not satisfied with the answers I have seen.

So I have some questions. I bought this camera to shoot and edit action/sports footage. It blows my mind that the camera was not shipped with software that would allow you to use it. I tried installing everything that it came with and that did not work. I have used 4 different laptops during the process, so speed and power is not the issue. I am sure there are other lurkers who are trying to find out why the Xacti hd1000 does not work well for video editing.

I understand that Vegas Pro 8 works. But, is it seamless? Can I run the program, import the video, edit the video then export the finished product? Do I need anything else? For $400+ it had better do everything. Can it be that this is the only solution?

I have Premiere Elements 4 and it does not work. The box says that it works and the web site says it works and the guy at customer service has no idea how to make it work. It does not. I have been throwing lots of good money after bad and I don't want to do it again with Vegas 8.

Are there any other solutions? Has anyone made it work well in with any other "SIMPLE" solution. I'm talking about not converting it down 50 times so that I get crappy vide. Maybe shooting a different format? Smaller files? Anything?

For thos who are on the fence...the Xacti is ahead of its time. It is not simple. It is expensive. I have not decided yet if I am going to send it back. I have kept all of the packaging to do so. This product was supposed to make my life easier and it does not.

Somebody please tell me that what I am seeing is wrong. THere has to be a simple answer (and cheap) out there.
ehphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:58 AM   #630

ehphillips wrote:
Quote:
I understand that Vegas Pro 8 works. But, is it seamless? Can I run the program, import the video, edit the video then export the finished product? Do I need anything else? For $400+ it had better do everything. Can it be that this is the only solution?
Yep, in my experience, Vegas is the only software that works with the HD100 HD files. Saying that, it has problems with the 1080i video due to the 60fields and not frames per second. When you convert it the results looks like it is around 30fps and slightly jittery. With the 720p clips it works perfectly and is extremely fast rendering which suprised me! You can view the video as you are editing and make changes too which is fantastic and it does not have any effect on the performance at all.

I found no other way of making the clips compatible with other software, I tried mpeg4toavi which did convert the video and it could be played in windows media player classic but not window media player 9, 10 or 11 and could not be opened in any editing software at all.

I also used Quicktime pro to convert the 1080i files which did work but a 20 second clip took nearly an hour to convert so that is useless. I have a good spec pc too.

All in all, vegas pro 8 is fantastic at editing 720p video and is even more efficient than all the other suites I tried but I have yet to find anything that works well with the 1080i files.

Hope this helps.....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote