Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 7, 2007, 7:19 PM   #691

It doesn't look as good probably because you are playing interlaced video on a progressive scan display. Just out of curiosity, is your 360 hooked up to a tube TV or a newer flat panel?
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 7:23 PM   #692

flat panel...

If this was so then the 1080i file played through the HD1000 would be the same, no?

It looks great through the camera but not as good when played through the pc or xbox. I wonder does the camera do anything special?

720p looks amazing through the camera, pc and xbox equally....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:01 AM   #693

I just find it amazing that a little camera like this can record and play back some amazing footage, no problem, but the latest home PC with the latest software all struggle to cope. If it really is just a codec issue surely it would be simple to fix and if it isn't, what tiny piece of playback hardware is in this camera that is missing from most large desktop PC.

Also youfolks on hererefer toVegas Pro as the best editing solution, but does not Vegas Platinim work as well (for HD1000 compatability) for a lot less outlay?
Burlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:30 PM   #694

vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:36 PM   #695

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
vikajakub wrote:
Quote:
http://www.ulead.com/dmf/plugin.htm Ulead DVD MovieFactory Plus 6 HD Power Pack seems to do the job and is only $79.95 (49 plus 19.95 HD pack). Most likely comes with limited editing, but not everybody is Steven Spielberg here ;-) Manual shows rather simple work flow with AVCHD files http://www.corel.com/content/pdf/dvd...D_HDDVDAdv.pdf
Doesnt support MP4 files so you cant import HD1000 clips...... already tested......
Hey TURK, so even if they say here http://www.ulead.com/vs/compare.htm they support MPEG-4 HD1000 file doesn't work on V.11 Plus soft ?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 5:36 PM   #696

Thats the videostudio 11 plus spec not Moviefactory 6.

Videostudio 11 plus does allow you to import clips but the 1080i files do not work, the output jumps back to the begining a few times no matter what you encode to. As I mentioned before, I asked ulead support and they told me to use the supplied software, moviefactory 4 or 5 (cant remember which one) but that only burns to DVD, not HD DVD.

I cant remember now if VS11 plus works with 720p files I was mainly concerned with 1080i.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:52 PM   #697

I will be posting HD1000 samples from my visit to Thailand on youtube/savanapridiboy

I know it's a horrible thing to do to the HD footage, but it's also the easiest. I am uploading straight from the SD card. Youtube accepts MP4 so it's doing all the encoding. I hate seeing the footage compressed so much but it will give those of you looking for more samples an idea of the richness of the image. Colors are saturated (in a good way) and when there is plenty of light the image is good enough to cut together with my HVX200 footage!

I've learned that the manual white balance is hit or miss. Most of the time I just used a preset. Most, if not all, footage is shot in full manual, 720p. This is not a great automatic camera, but a great camera once you know what you are doing and are used to using the joystick for quick keys.

I'll be shooting a music video in a few months using the HD1000 and the HVX200. Should be a great test of the little camera.
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:49 PM   #698

I have been on the brink of returning this thing and just taking the hit, but I am starting to come around. There may be some reasonable options for non-power users.

Note: the following info does not take full advantage of this cameras capabilities. It only makes the camera useable.

I had success with the free download of Vegas Pro 8, so I tried the free download version of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition 8.0. Though it did not offer nearly as many options, it did convert the 1080 footage into something useable. It looks like it may be an alternative to the rediculously priced and complicated Pro 8.

Nero 8 is also pretty good. I downloaded the free trial of that too and was able to mess with the footage. It clearly has limitations, but it is really simple and intuitive to use.

These are just some options for frustrated beginners. Download the software and see if you like it. At least it works. That is more than I can say for the rest of the software packages that are worthless. i was afraid I was going to lose the footage I had taken with the 1000, but at least I can view it now and edit it.
ehphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:11 PM   #699

I've ordered one and expect it on Wednesday. I bought an HD2, because I wanted the larger megapixel stills, but when I saw the picture and video quality and read up on reviews and settings, I decided to get rid of it. I've heard mixed reviews on the HD1000. My guess is about a 2:1 ratio of liked:disliked. Most of the images and videos I've seen posted look pretty good. I really wanted something that would the only still camera and video camera I need. I'm not a pro, just a traveler and it's a pain to take both types of camera on trips and even more of a pain to take both out on excursions, most of which are sports oriented for me. I would really prefer a camera that worked great on all auto settings. My existing mini-DV camera and a several year old 4 mp still camera do that. But no other existing camera has the specs and capabilities, even for more money, so if I have to I'll live with making adjustments on the HD1000.

I don't know what's up with the pc playback of the HD1000 video files. I have found that h.264 video is very demanding on computers. Decoder efficiency probably plays into it. Later model video cards are supposed to have hardware h.264 support, but it seems like it's not always used, for whatever reason. I know it's a an extra step, just like downloading off of a DV tape is a time consuming pain, but if I have any problems I will probably just convert the video using the free video converter Super.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:02 AM   #700

So .... my HD1000 arrived last night. Manual is rather fat and options seems endless...Would one of previous owners be so kind and save me hours of trying to adjust and find optimal settings? Can you post your ideal settings that work the best for you in most of shooting situations ( for stills and videos )? I am sure many would like to compare- thanks in advance:-)