Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 11, 2007, 3:10 PM   #701

optimal settings for what? optimal settings are different for every situation especially low light. You are better off playing around with it yourself as you will need to know how to use it properly to get the best results every time. It will be worth it in the end. For simplicity try auto and then adjust each setting individually so you can see what each one does.

A big help is using the assignable directionshortcuts!

Good luck and enjoy it!!!!!!
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 3:15 PM   #702

That's true, but optimal settings for low light usage would probably be a great starting point. My guess is that outside during daylight, auto settings probably suffice for most people.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:39 PM   #703

I got Nero 8 Ultra, I can preview files from HD1000 fine,but my notebook is not the fastest so it is "jumpy" preview. I will try to burn DVD tomorrow on NERO 8 , do you think it will play more smooth on DVD player then from notebooks harddrive? I agree, settings seems to be ok for normal use in full sun right out of the box. Like one of guys posted before, I wonder what this little gizmo has inside that plays ssssooooo smoothly by itself that big computers seems not to have... piece of soft or hardware? Hmmm.
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:05 PM   #704

DVD should be smooth because DVD uses mpeg codec, also the resolution is lower.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:02 AM   #705

I just bought an nvidia 8600gt video card for 80 dollars. I think that's one of my best spending of money. Now I can play the 1080i SUPER smooth! Can you guess the CPU usage? It's 4%! I think an old PIII CPU would be enough to handle H.264 with nvidia 8xxx (but not the fastest 8800 series, very strange!).

Strongly recommend it for every HD1000 user! Better than buying Vegas pro.
dongdongliushui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:49 AM   #706

dongdongliushui wrote:
Quote:
Better than buying Vegas pro.
so what do you edit with? Vegas pro is the only software that will edit 1080i files so far?

With regard to playing 1080i smoothly, try downloading media player classic/quicktime alternative. If I play through nero or any other player the playback is slightly jerky but media player classic/quicktime alternative play the video super smooth. Its down to what codecs you have installed on your pc too and not only your video card.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:17 AM   #707

'[-p

dongdongliushui wrote:
Quote:
I just bought an nvidia 8600gt video card for 80 dollars. I think that's one of my best spending of money. Now I can play the 1080i SUPER smooth! Can you guess the CPU usage? It's 4%! I think an old PIII CPU would be enough to handle H.264 with nvidia 8xxx (but not the fastest 8800 series, very strange!).

Strongly recommend it for every HD1000 user! Better than buying Vegas pro.
Is your card equipped with HDMI output? or you just connect it to ordinary computer monitor? Has anyone tried any Nvidia 8600GT video card with HDMI (by connecting to Plasma or LCD TV? If so, please comment the quality and the brand of video card. Thanks!
syk2c11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:20 AM   #708

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
dongdongliushui wrote:
Quote:
Better than buying Vegas pro.
so what do you edit with? Vegas pro is the only software that will edit 1080i files so far?

With regard to playing 1080i smoothly, try downloading media player classic/quicktime alternative. If I play through nero or any other player the playback is slightly jerky but media player classic/quicktime alternative play the video super smooth. Its down to what codecs you have installed on your pc too and not only your video card.
Hey, what do you mean by "media player classic/quicktime alternative" is it QuickTime Alternative 2.1.1? what specificaly do we need to download?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:46 AM   #709

thats it!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:01 AM   #710

Thanks Turk, to be sure, you meant to use Windows Media Player ( I have version 11) and download QuickTime Alternative 2.1.1 ? I did that but when I play files on WMP11 I get only sound. I am sure I did something wrong...