Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:46 AM   #731

yep, its all to do with the codecs installed on your system. I have some players that play the files fine and when I change codecs they stop playing them and vice versa. My media player classic and media player 11 work fine with the files, quicktime 7 is very jerky and nero showtime 3 is justok.

You may also notice that when you have quicktime alternative installed you get a lot more options when rendering to MP4 in vegas. Check it out!!!!! The default options are very limited.

It takes a bit of trial and error but you get there in the end.....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 7:24 PM   #732
zod

Hi all fm a new member. Thnx foryour contributions, i read all 37 pages.You were a big help and that cost me the money for a HD1000 (681Euro). Would like to share my first findings after two weaks of trial and error.

About my choice for the HD1000: had to choose between Panasonic SD5EG, Sony CX6E and Sanyo HD1000, because iwanted asmall camera without moving parts. Saw some video footage of all three cameras. Panasonic and Sonyvideolookedfabulous to me and the Sanyocame close, butthere was avisual difference.So still a hard choice,because the Sanyo ischeaper and smaller (i amnot the carrying type, so small is very important to me).Then my prayers were heard and a well known German magazin (Videoaktiv Digital) published an in depth testof these three camcorders! They confirmed my observations: Sony video looked best (very good, 23 points out of 30)Panasonic second (good, 21 points) and Sanyo third (also good, 20points). But the big surprise was that the Sanyo was absolutely betterthan the other two in lowlight. So i went for the HD1000 and i dont regret it.

About my first videos and pictures: not bad at all in auto mode, but (likesaid before by others) if you takethetime to really get to know this camera great resultsare possible. I like the size of the HD1000, iteasily fits in the pocket of my jacket and inmy hand itdoes feel like a camera, not like a toy.Easy to operate and the exacti library function proved to be a great solution for backup.

About playing 1080i60 footage: worked fine right away on my Windows XP, Core2Duo 2.4ghz, 2gig memory, NVidia 8800GTS 320mb, esata HD 7200rpm computer with the enclosed Nero7SE. Afterinstalling CoreAVC codec it also worked in WMP, but Neroworks best. Playing 1080i60 footage on my 55inch Sony Bravia also works fine because i own a Playstation3. I simplyputthe 1080i60 footageon my computer (using USB cable or i putmy 8GB Transcend SDHC in my card reader) and then i burn it on a DVD (data burning, any burning program can do that). DVD in the PS3 and it plays fine and looks great.

About conversion of 1080i60 footage: read somewhere in this thread that ULEAD advised to use the enclosed MovieFactory5 for Sanyo for conversion. Found out that they are right, it can do the job, but with a restriction (i own the ULEAD VideoStudio 11.5 plus too and i like it, but it cant convert the 1080i footage). The restriction is that when you import 1080i60 it becomes 1080i30. But after that you can convert it to almost anything you want. My conversion choice after some testing on my bigscreen television (wanted good quality and easy to edit, not too large files): MPEG2, 1920x1080, 25fps, 100% quality setting, two step encoding, variable bitrate 12.500, audio 224kbps. These files are even streamable from my computer to my PS3!

About editing: I am going to edit the converted files with ULEAD VideoStudio 11.5 plus.Should bea real time experience, but will take some time to figure everything out.Should be possible toburn the finalhigh definition result to a normal DVD with ULEAD VS 11.5 or my Nero8. Many formats to choose from, straight MPEG2 or AVCHD or HD DVD with a nice menu.

Hope this was of some use for someone. If my English was bad, I apologize, i am not a native speaker/writer.

zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 7:30 PM   #733

Down converting your 1080 video to DVD when you have a nice 55" Bravia to display the original resolution doesn't seem like the best use of your equipment to me.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:52 PM   #734

zod wrote:
Quote:
About playing 1080i60 footage: worked fine right away on my Windows XP, Core2Duo 2.4ghz, 2gig memory, NVidia 8800GTS 320mb, esata HD 7200rpm computer...
Quote:
...The restriction is that when you import 1080i60 it becomes 1080i30...
Quote:
....If my English was bad, I apologize, i am not a native speaker/writer.

Zod, thanks for the summary of your experience with the HD1000. I think this is more evidence of the importance of the right video card. When you say you convert to 1080i30, I assume you mean 30 frames/sec (which takes 60 fields/sec) which is the same as what Sanyo calls 1080i60--or am I missing something? Also, your English is excellent!
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:53 PM   #735

Turk, did u try 2 download d free trial powerdvd6? it's not a full version trial dat's why i can't set it. i'm attempting 2 get d full version now...yeah i will get it 4 sure but i do still like d uleadvideostudio 11 and i will upgrade it 2 11.5 (11 plus) soon! anyway, i called d ulead video studio last nite and i told dem my probs about editing 1080i and 720 60fps. dey told me dat their software can only edit or work in 720 30fps @ d moment and some upgrade or updates next yr 2 work in 1080i/60fps.
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:57 PM   #736

Nero 8 is good 2 watch 1080i movie aswell....power dvd 6 can handle 60fps and maybe 1080i just try d free trial [email protected] www.cyberlink.com . u cantransfer ur movie from ur pc to SD card or memory stick den watch it 2 ps3! i tried it and it's really clear!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:00 AM   #737

Sorry GUYS! it's not power dvd 6 d 1 dat i'm talking about. it's POWER DIRECTOR 6
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:22 AM   #738

Zod, I share the same experience. Small form andindoor light is absolutely necessary for me. Sanyo really shines in this aspect. I compared with sd5, cx7, and others. With indoor illumination, HD1000 beats all of them. I even think it's on par with canon HG10, if not better.

The color is not as good as other cams, but not very far behind. IS is its biggest weak point. But I can live with that, and my hand is growing steadier all the time.

It's a matter of compromise.
dongdongliushui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:01 AM   #739

Hey Guys, just to confirm that Ulead Videostudio does not work with 1080i clips, you can import them but the rendered file is rubbish and the included software with the HD1000 only allows you to burn to DVD, what a joke.

I downloaded the trial of movie director 6 last night and yes it does allow you to edit the 1080i footage and its pretty easy to do. I rendered using the AVC 1080i template and the result was very interesting. The video looked great, nice and fluid and quality was excellent but for some strange and weird reason it looked like the video was split into 5 rows, kind of like a magnified interlaced effect is the best way I could describe it. Dont know whats happening there, I will try some more this weekend, it was 12.30 am when I was playing around with it but I'll play with the settings and let you know. Anybody else come across this?

I also tried nero 8 editing as somebody else suggested and the result were fantastic editing 1080i. Its basic editing but it works, whats the point in having a pro editing suite if it doesnt work eh? If nero can get it right, c'mon Ulead, adobe, cyberlink and pinnacle, get your act together.

Again Vegas is king and Nero is queen and the rest are court jesters!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:06 AM   #740

As an aside, it really looks like the HD700 is getting some harsh comments on its thread, very interesting. The HD1000 is still getting great comments which is great and makes me feel better about spending all the money. I was expecting some things to be better and did consider returning it an buying the HD700 but I'm glad now I held on.....

Anybody do a comparison between 640x480 30fps mode on both cameras??? I'd love to see if there is any difference.....