Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:18 AM   #741
zod
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
Default

sonicwind wrote:
Quote:
Down converting your 1080 video to DVD when you have a nice 55" Bravia to display the original resolution doesn't seem like the best use of your equipment to me.
Think I should have been more specific. WhatI should have written was: after importingthe 1080i60 footage fm myHD1000to my computer Iburn the unchangedhigh definition footage files on a DVD+RW (standard data burning). So no downconverting at all. My PS3 allows me to watch the original AVC/H264 1080i60 files on my nice (yes it is) 55" Bravia this way.On a normal DVD5fits about 45 minutes of 1080i60 footage.
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:53 AM   #742
zod
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
Default

Outrageous wrote:
Quote:
zod wrote:
Quote:
About playing 1080i60 footage: worked fine right away on my Windows XP, Core2Duo 2.4ghz, 2gig memory, NVidia 8800GTS 320mb, esata HD 7200rpm computer...
Quote:
...The restriction is that when you import 1080i60 it becomes 1080i30...
Quote:
....If my English was bad, I apologize, i am not a native speaker/writer.

Zod, thanks for the summary of your experience with the HD1000. I think this is more evidence of the importance of the right video card. When you say you convert to 1080i30, I assume you mean 30 frames/sec (which takes 60 fields/sec) which is the same as what Sanyo calls 1080i60--or am I missing something? Also, your English is excellent!
True, also think video card is very important. Would be interesting to hear fm someone what the new NVidia 8800GT with hardware HD video processor can do for the video performance (beware: hardware HD video processor works only with VISTA at the time).

As for the frames/fields. I always get confused on that subject. What i observed is the following: whenI import 1080 footage fm the HD1000 into ULEAD VideoStudio 11.5 plus the program tells me the video file is 59.940 frames/second and the number of frames is for example 788. Conversion of the fileworks, but the output is not useable (speed problems andjumpy scenes). WhenI import 1080 footage fm the HD1000 into ULEAD MovieFactory5 for Sanyo that program tells me the video file is 29.970 frames/second and the number of frames in my example is down to 394. Conversion of this file works fine.



zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:31 AM   #743
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Hi, I'm living in Ireland, and I have a question about compatibility issues. Does it make any material difference to me whether I buy a Japanese/American or European model HD1000? I only ask because all of the literature I can find on the net refers to the video output as being "NTSC/PAL" and they all shoot at 30 rather than 25 fps, so are they all the same essentially? Given that the Japanese and American versions can be sourced more cheaply over here, it would be good to find out.
Sorry if that is a stupid question, but I'm new to all this!
andropov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:47 AM   #744
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Anybody do a comparison between 640x480 30fps mode on both cameras??? I'd love to see if there is any difference.....
I would be very interested in that as well.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:49 AM   #745
Senior Member
 
Caelum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,030
Default

andropov, technically they are all the same.Accessory contents can vary (mostly exclusion/inclusion of SD card or HDMI cable) and guarantees/warranties. You will not be covered by a manufacturer's warranty if you buy out of your territory.

The only other thing to be careful is that some Japanese model Xactis (DMX-) have been known to only include Japanese menus. Not sure about the DMX-HD1000. The international model should be the same everywhere (VPC-).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:58 AM   #746
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks for the advice Caelum:-)
andropov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:41 AM   #747
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
Default

zod wrote:
Quote:
sonicwind wrote:
Quote:
Down converting your 1080 video to DVD when you have a nice 55" Bravia to display the original resolution doesn't seem like the best use of your equipment to me.
Think I should have been more specific. WhatI should have written was: after importingthe 1080i60 footage fm myHD1000to my computer Iburn the unchangedhigh definition footage files on a DVD+RW (standard data burning). So no downconverting at all. My PS3 allows me to watch the original AVC/H264 1080i60 files on my nice (yes it is) 55" Bravia this way.On a normal DVD5fits about 45 minutes of 1080i60 footage.
That's pretty cool. I didn't have any idea that PS3s could read the files directly.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:45 AM   #748
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 41
Default

zod wrote:
Quote:
...whenI import 1080 footage fm the HD1000 into ULEAD VideoStudio 11.5 plus the program tells me the video file is 59.940 frames/second and the number of frames is for example 788... ...WhenI import 1080 footage fm the HD1000 into ULEAD MovieFactory5 for Sanyo that program tells me the video file is 29.970 frames/second and the number of frames in my example is down to 394.
I wonder if the first program is doubling the frame rate to 1080p?
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:46 AM   #749
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 25
Default

zod wrote:
Quote:
True, also think video card is very important. Would be interesting to hear fm someone what the new NVidia 8800GT with hardware HD video processor can do for the video performance (beware: hardware HD video processor works only with VISTA at the time).
Vista not necessary. I'm using XP and 8600gt, and I get 4% cpu usage!
dongdongliushui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:10 PM   #750
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Default

Hey guys, maybe it is silly to ask, or I missed it in manual, how can you pause recording without stopping to avoid creating another file? Is pausing possible?
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:58 AM.