Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:14 PM   #751

vikajakub wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys, maybe it is silly to ask, or I missed it in manual, how can you pause recording without stopping to avoid creating another file? Is pausing possible?
I think the only thing you can do is join the files after the fact. I think you can do this on the camera.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:22 PM   #752

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Anybody do a comparison between 640x480 30fps mode on both cameras??? I'd love to see if there is any difference.....
As someone who ownes both, in my opinion there is a HUGE difference -- the HD1000's footage is much better, and especially so in low light. My guess is this is primarily due to the difference in lenses.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:37 PM   #753
zod

dongdongliushui wrote:
Quote:
zod wrote:
Quote:
True, also think video card is very important. Would be interesting to hear fm someone what the new NVidia 8800GT with hardware HD video processor can do for the video performance (beware: hardware HD video processor works only with VISTA at the time).
Vista not necessary. I'm using XP and 8600gt, and I get 4% cpu usage!
May be the case for the 8600gt, but the far more powerfull (and much more expensive) 8800gtonly works as a hardware HD video processor underVista at the time. I read that on the NVidia site just a few days ago.
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:26 PM   #754

if ur country plays NTSC or Pal..der u go u can buy usa/european or even japanese version and use it in ur country..the only thing dat u gonna buy extra is d socket for d voltage thing..like for example..i bought d usa version but dey r using 110-115 volts we in australia we use 240-250 volts so i need to buy d adapter dat i can put it in a plug.
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:33 PM   #755

Turk, is dat PowerDirector r u talking about? i bought d full version last nite...so far i haven't tried 2 edit any videos yet. but i called dem 2 day and dey told me yeah d PowerDirect works in 1080i and 720 60fps..did u try it? i can't see any settings for 1080i etc...and also d guy told me NTSC is 30 and PAL is 25 what does it mean?
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:00 PM   #756

I refuse to talk with you until you type in real words, lmao...
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:17 PM   #757

zod wrote:
Quote:
May be the case for the 8600gt, but the far more powerfull (and much more expensive) 8800gtonly works as a hardware HD video processor underVista at the time. I read that on the NVidia site just a few days ago.
Maybe there is a way to enable it under XP. Try Powerdvd. It has native pure video hardware support.
dongdongliushui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:49 AM   #758

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
As someone who ownes both, in my opinion there is a HUGE difference -- the HD1000's footage is much better, and especially so in low light. My guess is this is primarily due to the difference in lenses.

Thanks Taynt3d, thats very helpful. In what way is the HD1000 quality better? is it clearer, crisper, colours better or just quality is superior even at the same resolution and fps? in your opinion if you had the CG65 would it be worth upgrading to the HD700?

Jared, power director 6 does import and render the 1080i clips, the result is not good when you render to AVC MPEG4 1080i. When there is movement the image image breaks up into rows which looks terrible, hard to explain but try it yourself. I even updated with the latest patch and no change. If you render to MPEG2 the results are much better. All the other options do not allow you to render to HD which isa shame so just render to MPEG2 and you will be able to play it on a PS3 but not an XBOX360......

PAL 25fps and NTSC 30fps is relates to how many frames the camera records per second, the HD1000 either does 30fps or 60fps so you dont need to worry about 25fps, just use 30fps or 60fps depending on the mode you record in.

TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:21 PM   #759

Do you feel Digital Noise Reduction actually helps or hearts the quality of the shoot?
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 3:04 AM   #760

OMFG it took me 3 sittings to wade through this thread :Oand I'm glad I did(even if 40% should have been posted in a video editing or hardware forum somewhere else) it's mostly been very informative.

The internet is a funny thing..... I started out looking to see if there have been any giant leaps in "helmet cam" technology(which there haven't) and now it seems that I must have a shiney and new Sanyo Xacti VPCHD1000. It's been a long and winding road that at some point intersected a $269 (USD) HD1a from 86th Street Photo, which I was stoked about, but on further research determined that if these guys were the only place on earth to buy cotton gauze and I'd just lost an eye.... I'd use a corn cob to stop the bleeding and probably be better off, but none the less..... here I am on the cusp of dropping $700 on something I didn't even know I needed until a few days ago.

It sounds like this camera will yield respectable video in the hands of one who is willing to spend a bit of time figuring out how to make it........ (yield that is).It never ceases to amaze me, how consistently people are disappointed with automatic exposure settings, in any kind of camera. And it seems to me that most of the complaints about this line of camera and many others have everything to do with automatic exposure and nothing else. They're not meant to and are largely incapable of replacing the knowledge and experience it takes to capture a truely stunning image.

I fear I might fall into a vortex of digression, so I'll just get to the point.

For those who have played with this unit a bit.

How is the manual focus? Does it feel at all intuitive, is it fast, slow, annoying?

Can you save complete configurations(white balance, iso, etc)? And how long or well do the saved inputs work? Are they gone when you remove the battery?

Does this "get by" with a class 4 SD or does it "work" with a class 4? The SanDisk Ultra II's are decently priced, but if a lesser card with a larger cap. will work then I'd rather go that way.

What filter, if any, and why?

And the big one.... wide angle? Sanyo's, third party, barrel roll/distortion? This is a big deal to me.

Abig sell point for me is 720p at 60fps or "slo-mo H-D". 1080/60i seems to be a bit of a pipe dream , the bitrate seems too low and it sounds like there are no "real" editing options. I'm stubborn, but easily frustrated, so I'll take the [email protected] and be happy. And since my favorite still camera is still(haha) my pentax K1000, I don't expect anything out of a camera that I don't put into it.

I'm very excited to get one'o'these bad boys and capture ridiculous ammounts of high quality footage of my neighbors cat licking his bung.

This is my first post, so I'd like to thank Steve(if there is a Steve and that is your real name) for rollin out a great website and forum. And I'd like to thank anyone who has taken the time to share some useful info on this thread, even and especially if you have had to share it over and over and over and over again.:?

Cheers

jak442 is offline   Reply With Quote