Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 9, 2007, 8:12 AM   #71

I have a core duo with 2gig of ram and the train clip jumpsa bit using nero showtime but runs fine using windows media player classic, strange. It works fine with showtime on my work pc which is a lower spec. But it does run well as long as you have a decent enough pc.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I know you can transfer clips from the camera to a usb hdd via the docking station. I wonder can you play clips from the usb hdd using the docking station?
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:38 AM   #72

Sorry, I thought these were linked to before, they were from the site I was referencing.

I've tried that Gom player that website recommends for the Samsung, but it keeps breaking, and won't work properly on my machine.

Exactly what machine spec do these people recommend? Has anybody got an x2300-z2800 ATI video card to try?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 1:36 PM   #73

i just watched video and while it was not perfect I was amazed by resolution and quality from such a small camera

btw, my setup was as follows, Acer 5920G laptop (1.5Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 8600GT). The video was somewhat jerky at times and audio was out of sync, but it was still playable.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:01 PM   #74

jwunico wrote:
Quote:
I just tried the trial version of Nero Showtime 2 and it plays both the train video and the 3 minute 260 MB one OK, although very slowly on my 3.0 GHz Pentium 4. Neither VLC nor MPC+ffdshow worked on this PC. I'll try it on a more modern Core 2 Duo system tomorrow.
I hade a similar problem but then installed the latest quicktime alternative codec and it played fine in mediaplayer classic.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:53 PM   #75

But what codec were you using with MPC? I was using ffdshow which includes libavcodec support for H.264.

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
I have a core duo with 2gig of ram and the train clip jumpsa bit using nero showtime but runs fine using windows media player classic, strange. It works fine with showtime on my work pc which is a lower spec. But it does run well as long as you have a decent enough pc.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I know you can transfer clips from the camera to a usb hdd via the docking station. I wonder can you play clips from the usb hdd using the docking station?
jwunico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 7:52 AM   #76

I have the kdlite codec pack installed and everything up to now works fine. I'm not to worried but I does anybody know if you can play you movies stored on a USB HDD when connected to the base unit? I know you can save them to the HDD but can you play them from it?
Old Sep 10, 2007, 8:20 AM   #77

herbs wrote:
Quote:
jwunico wrote:
Quote:
I just tried the trial version of Nero Showtime 2 and it plays both the train video and the 3 minute 260 MB one OK, although very slowly on my 3.0 GHz Pentium 4. Neither VLC nor MPC+ffdshow worked on this PC. I'll try it on a more modern Core 2 Duo system tomorrow.
I hade a similar problem but then installed the latest quicktime alternative codec and it played fine in mediaplayer classic.
I just got QuickTime Alternative 1.81 too. It contains CoreAVC which is much faster than the libavcodec x.264 in ffdshow. It plays in MPC smoothly, although very slowly on my 3.0 GHz P4. Much better than Nero Showtime 2
Old Sep 10, 2007, 8:22 AM   #78

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
I have the kdlite codec pack installed and everything up to now works fine. I'm not to worried but I does anybody know if you can play you movies stored on a USB HDD when connected to the base unit? I know you can save them to the HDD but can you play them from it?
The Kdlite codec pack also contains the CoreAVC codec, I believe. That looks like the way to go for now.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:24 AM   #79

In answer to my own question.... 'The new "Xacti Library" allows for simple file saving and playback of movie and picture data by simply connecting the USB cable from the docking station to an external hard disk drive'

Excellent!

So its $799 MRSP, have to wait for a decent review before I hand over them kinda snots.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:07 PM   #80

jwunico wrote:
Quote:
I just got QuickTime Alternative 1.81 too. It contains CoreAVC which is much faster than the libavcodec x.264 in ffdshow. It plays in MPC smoothly, although very slowly on my 3.0 GHz P4. Much better than Nero Showtime 2
Yes! Ok, I tried the CoreAVC codec andas you say it is much better and much faster as a pure software AVC/H.264 video decoder (I don't have AVC/H.264 hardware acceleration) than Nero Showtime 2. I'm actually getting pretty smooth playback now with CoreAVC (but not quite the full 60fps). Good one, thanks for that.

Note to others that if you have less than a 1920x1080 monitor resolution you will not get to see the full HD resolution on your PC,only a scaled down version of the video.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote