Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:46 PM   #801

Hallo again! Now I also have got my HD1000 today! I came home very late, therefore I couldn'tdo much video tests.So I testet the sound, but I have to say it's very noisy. In loud environment it doesn't matter, but it's very abnormal for a Camcorder. Then I tooka cheep headset from my Computer, plugged it inthe cam and really the sound was much better!

a) Am I right?

b) Have I done something wrong?

c)Have I got a "Monday"-Xacti?

d) The build in microfons are less then one buck?

Whohas experience?
ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 6:56 PM   #802

Adjust d volume setting to no. 4
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:07 AM   #803

There's only a volume setting for the external mic (sensitivity), not for the internal one. Only for replay you can set the volume.

I filmed persons who talk to each other from a distance of 1 meter. They were talkingwith normal loudness. When I watched it on PCIgot the above mentioned effect (it's not amotor noise cause I usedmanual focus, it's overall "wideband noise" like from a cheep digital cam))

Old Dec 21, 2007, 7:18 AM   #804

I've got same prob mate! and i just adjust d external mic vol and it works! i put mine in no.3 and i almost can't hear what my friends saying on d video when i filmed dem 3 days ago so, i put it to no. 4 now...
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:40 AM   #805

There is no Effect by this setting (I testet it) on the "internal mic" here.

I mean the noise when it's totalyquiet.

In the Attachment: "dead silence" Sanyo(HD1000) and a Casio Z10 (150€cam 2years old in Videomodus). I found these noise also on other videos for example: 720-Lowlight.MP4 (I think I downloaded via a link from this forum). I took MP4Cam2AVI then VirtualDub to split theaudio and then AudacityPortable and here is the Result. The noise is much bigger and you can hear it.

Attached Images

Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:40 AM   #806

Today Itestetvideo quality,it's reallygood.Some quality problem when moving the cam to fast (the bitrate could be higher). Sometimes the autofocus makes problems (It doesn't know where to go.).

But overall really much, much better then the HD 700 (lowlight quality was terrible). Thanks to all for the tips and tricks for improving the video quality.

Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:15 PM   #807

There's a firmware update for the HD1000 here:

http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/support/index.html

It mentions improved image and sound quality. I also hope it will fix my freezes, but I havn't been able to test it enough to be sure. (hasn't frozen yet)
DesktopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:10 PM   #808

Thanks for the heads up on the firmware update- I applied it no problem....I'm hoping for improved video (it already has good video but any improvements would be welcome!)
SteveNunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:34 PM   #809

Thank you DesktopMan, and good luck for never "freezing" again. This are promising news for me.

Now a have a problem. I have noa 8GB yet (Is this enough? There was the Information "over 8GB" in german over mean "more then").

On the otherhand is it possible to seewhat firmware is installed without an update?

Has somebody noticed a improvement in audio quality after update the firmware?

Could somebody post an audio sample ("only silence") with "FIRMWARE ver1.1.0" or make the test I made?

I have5 days, then I have t decide: keep the cam or not.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 5:14 PM   #810

DesktopMan wrote:
Quote:
I have a HD1000, and I'm experiencing some problems. Sometimes when I stop recording the camera freezes completely. The blue light keeps blinking, but the lcd freezes and the buttons do nothing. I have to remove and re-insert the battery to make it work again. I also lose the recording I just stopped.

I have not been able to figure out why this happens. It doesn't seem random, as sometimes it can work for ten recordings, other times it crashes four times in a row. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've tried two SD cards, one SDHC and one regular SD, both rated faster than required.
It sounds like you've got a bad SD card. What SD card (Brand/Class) are you using?
rliusd is offline   Reply With Quote