Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 25, 2007, 3:00 PM   #841

Whoa...I thought I would reach my breaking point before TheTurk. Yikes.

On a side note, I subscribe to Smugmug and just saw this tidbit today. You can upload h.264 clips to it.:

You're a Power User so you can add video clips up to 2.5 minutes in length in DVD?[/sup] resolution. Pros can add HD?[/sup] resoultion videos 5 minutes long. Upgrade.
Stuff to know: 1. Uploader:[/b]
Use the Simple or Olde Faithful uploader. When you click the add photos button?[/sup], we usually remember the uploader you used last time and take you to it. But near the bottom of the page on the left you'll see a link that says, "Try another uploader." Click that and choose Simple (first on the list) or Olde Faithful (last on the list).
2. Format:[/b]
No worries, 99% of the time we can convert from whatever you upload to the ever-so-cool h.264 format, which works on iPods, iPhones, AppleTV, PlayStations, and many other consumer devices.
But what comes off your camera could be bloated and take a long time to upload. So you might consider using a program like Handbrake or Quicktime Pro to convert to h.264 before uploading.
3. Patience![/b]
We can't convert your videos as fast as we can prepare still images for display. Big videos could take us 15 minutes or longer.
4. Nuked:[/b]
We don't keep a copy of the original video you upload. We make high-quality display copies, which are probably altered from what you send us.

ehphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 3:39 PM   #842

I picked up a 40.5 to 49mm step up ring from flea bag bay. It threads onto the front of the HD-1000 and now I can easily use 49mm filters.

This is a great camcorder for the $$$ spent. Curious has anyone noticed problems with the viewfinder in direct sunlight?

Mike

kineticimagefilmgroup.com
kifg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 4:07 PM   #843

Anger Outburst passed, calmed down now.....

Files have become corrupt for sure, could be headers or something but from whatI have read I dont think they can be fixed. I just hope nobody else comes across this problem but I have a feeling some will and this kind of thing always happens at the most important times.

Anyway, I have the fond memories in my human secure digital memory space so I'll have to do with that, very disappointing!

I'll store the files on a DVD anyway so that maybe some time in the future I can fix them.

Whats very strange is that the photos are also corrupted and any attempt to fix them also is in vain. I really will have to consider if I am going to send this back.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 4:44 PM   #844

TheTurk!

One Experiment. Storeyour backup back onthe formated SDcard.

If you can show your files again with the cam- that's better then nothing. You can show your Videos.

ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 1:44 AM   #845

TheTurk, sorry to hear that.

You mentioned the files play on the HD1000. Try editing one of the video files using your HD1000, delete a second as this should force the file to resave, then play on your PC again. It's possible the "media player" in the HD1000 is more tolerant of errors encoded in the MP4 files and the PC is not. Better yet to get hold of another HD1000 to edit and save a clip as the problem as you mentioned could be with your HD1000.

Good luck, hope it works for you as I just shot 2hrs over 2 weeks of holiday video and would hate to find out one day this happened to me.
3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 3:41 AM   #846

Hey Guys, thanks for the tips but I tried all that before I eventually resigned myself to formatting the card. Nothing worked, even when I filmed new clips they would only play on the camera and not the pc. I also tried editing on the cam itself creatingnew file but that was the same. When I formatted the card and copied the files back to the card they were now not recognozed by the camera. whatever happened either the writing to the card got screwed up or somehow the sd card got corrupt but earlier files that were on the sd card played fine, very strange indeed.

AsI mntioned, the photos can not be read either which is even stranger. I tried several media fixing software but nothing worked.

I just hope nobody else has this problem, I did nothing strange or changed no settings from what I normally do apart from running a slideshow but I dont see how that would edit the files.

When I read about it on the net it appears mp4 files are near impossible to fix if the file is truncated or headers are incorrect. I believe you may be able to ectract the video but the audio is lost. I have to play around a bit more to see if I can even get the video back.

UPDATE: ok I found out that there is a problem with the movie atoms and I tried mp4creator to fix it but no joy. I even tried using a hex editor to copy info from a working mp4 but this also failed. I dont think it can be done.....
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:55 AM   #847

hey turk! i' am 100% sure d problem is in ur pc...a virus or sum1 corrupted files from ur pc...
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:57 AM   #848

try to transfer ur videos 2 other computer and it will work..but dis time not in ur pc
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:53 AM   #849

nothing to do with the pc Jared, its either the camera screwed up writing to the sd card or the sd card caused the problem. After formatting I can now view new files on the pc.

I read through several forums and this happened to many other people.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:41 PM   #850

oh! yeah depends on d SDHC card..mine is toshiba and and it's really good SDHC!