Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:24 PM   #871

I think I was drunken.A week long I thought I need a 8 GB.I only need such a small card! Now I will to the update. I take the one from the .de page ( s211n079.bin), because thisresponsible homepage.Later I will test the s211nup1.bin from the .com page. Because I dont know if I can go back to version 0.79.
ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:27 PM   #872

Hey Tudarite, I have not had any problems with the firmware update to speak of but I have also noticed no difference to be honest....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:33 PM   #873

I figured it out!!!!!

I recreated the problem, I filled my 8gb card with about 6gb of video clips and hey presto, only some of the video files work on my pc!

The videos up to just about 4gb work and after that they stop working as before so my immediate reaction was you guys were right after all, its a rip off card! Its a 4gb reprogrammed as an 8gb.....

BUT......

I tested it by putting 8GB of info on it, copying back to the pc and testing the files and theres no problem there, all files are perfect....

The speed of transfer is fine....

When I play the files on the camera they all work 100%.....

When I play them on my XBOX they all work 100%......

Only the first few files play on the pc.......

WHAT THE F$%&....... SO.........

I delete the first few files off the cardusing the pc and now the card is 3.6gb full, Itake it out and put it back in againand the files that did not play before now play.....

SO.......

The files were not corrupt after all, its looks like a pc problem. Either my pc or windows XP can not handle my 8GB SDHCcard properly and to make matters worse when you copy the files over it corrupts them!!!!

I take it all back Sanyo..... Curse you Microsoft or Dell!!!!!!!!

My Christmas files were not corrupt after all!!!!!! What you make of that folks?????

Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:13 PM   #874

Yep Microsoft does it again.....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428

You need to install a patch that allows you to use 4GB+ SDHC cards in XP.......

I had installed the earlier patch that allowed you to use SDHC cards in the first place but this newer one allows you to use SDHC cards over 4GB.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I lost my Christmas files because of Bill f**king Gates.

For those who want it grab it here, theres a link at the end of the page.

http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/21...d-card-reader/

Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:29 PM   #875

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
I figured it out!!!!!

Quote:
BUT......
Before you bring back your cam, perhaps you can make the test with another pc. And if you have one,with an other card. This would be very interesting for all of us. Where did you format the card? Try "Panasonic SD-Formatter 2.0.0.2" - the one and only.

Software update. On my cam there was already the vers. 1.1.0. You can see it before you confirm the update. Both updates (s211nup1.bin form .com and s211nup079.bin from .de) create thevers. 1.1.0.

A short audiotest: no better quality, sorry (for me). I think I have to test an external the mic.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:50 PM   #876

I was to slow. Sorry, please try the Hotfix for us.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:53 PM   #877

ddchesser wrote:
Quote:
Before you bring back your cam, perhaps you can make the test with another pc. And if you have one,with an other card. This would be very interesting for all of us. Where did you format the card? Try "Panasonic SD-Formatter 2.0.0.2" - the one and only.
I did test with another pc, its not the card either, its the patch that I needed....... I gave you all the info you need in my last post. It should save a few people what I had to go through.

I'll be keeping my cam and I feel guilty for lambasting it, I'll have to to be nice to it from now on......
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:54 PM   #878

Hotfix tested and confirmed working!
Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:34 PM   #879

Good news, I downloaded the german Hotfix (WindowsXP-KB934428-v3-x86-DEU.exe)from "The Hotfixshare-page"-you have to register, because the english one (WindowsXP-KB934428-v3-x86-ENU.exe), doesn't install itself on a "german XP".

I installed it, because it will be important soon. I can't test it (I have a SDHC-cardrader, but no card yet).

Perhaps it is good to take this file with you,the next pc you see is certainly without it.

By the way:
Why could you copy 8gb data from the pc to the card and read it again before the "Hotfix" was installed??????

Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:49 PM   #880

Turk - Glad you figured it out, and even more glad it wasn't the camera after all. I suspect there were a couple anxious people reading your posts there for awhile...

This is neither here nor there, but I've fallen completely in love with this camera. Just took it with me as my only camera on a two week trip to Europe and man, did it ever perform. The only concession I made was to bring an overcoat with a suitably large outside zippered pocket to allow me to slip the camera into it when I wasn't using it. But boy, oh boy - low light, no problem. Weird light, no problem, one push auto WB is flawless. Image quality is superb, battery lasts all day even in freezing cold. Flash is plenty powerful for most pictures and even illuminated a cathedral ceiling sufficiently for additional lighting. Focus was very rarely an issue, and when it was, I simply switched to MF and set infinity. And the addition of the semi-fisheye lens made it possible for me to shoot really wide vistas without much, if any, noticeable image degradation once I had zoomed in just slightly to get rid of the corner vignetting.

This really is an awesome camera. The biggest surprise that I had during my visit is that I went to several large electronic retailers such as MediaMarkt and Saturn and none of them featured ANY Sanyo product. Weird. I got quite a few curious stares from folks while using the HD1000, needless to say.

There is one tiny 'bug' to report on: I've noticed that in the presence of some artifical light types, there is a flickering effect which isn't helped, at all, by the anti-flicker feature. Both times it happened to me, it was architectural lighting - once inside a cathedral, another time a floodlight illuminating a statue. Considering it happened twice in two weeks, 30 seconds in almost two full hours of movies, it's an insignificant issue, but I'm just curious if anyone has an idea WHY this happens. I wasn't able to ascertain what light types these were.

Oh, and for those of you still looking, I found a perfect belt pouch for the camera: the Lowe Apex 60 AW. Even has enough room for a spare battery and memory card, and includes an all weather cover and zips closed.

IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote