Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:49 PM   #891

MikeCountry wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I own a Sanyo HD1000 and love it also. I have had two and neither one had any noises from the auto focus motor and certainly no noise on playback. The first camera the rec/play switch failed so Amazon sent me another one. May need to send it back or send out for repair to Sanyo repair center.

Skokie tv service company

141 south milwaukee ave.

Wheeling IL 60090

There phone#is 847-537-6666

I was going to send it there per sanyo rep I spoke with but decided to call Amazon and they said don't bother, they will send me another one. Cool huh?
Quote:
I sent mine there the first week of December and have yet to see it back. My zoom in button stopped working and they said they are waiting for parts from Sanyo... Another Holiday season without any video...:P

schmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 8:01 PM   #892

Thanks for all the replies, however, could anyone reply on what I mentioned; if you own the HD1000 can you get movement that are soft but clear (non blury or jagged) like the ones in the vid I posted. Please if anyone can post anything (with people moving around)to show me, I'd be very happy.

Thanks
helriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:06 AM   #893

no problem Tudarite, hopefully it will save somebody else from losing their clips. Very annoying but at least I wont lose anything in the future....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:42 AM   #894

helriser wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies, however, could anyone reply on what I mentioned; if you own the HD1000 can you get movement that are soft but clear (non blury or jagged) like the ones in the vid I posted. Please if anyone can post anything (with people moving around)to show me, I'd be very happy.

Thanks

Happy new year to everybody!

With much motion in a video ist is nearly impossible to get a video witch is artifact-free if you have HD 720p60fps or 1080i60fps and only 12Mb/s (HD1000). Quick panning orzooming, kinds running in a disdance of one yard, ..., if the difference between the pictures is to big you have not enough bitrate.

You can't have it all. Cheep, many minutes on a card...,or buy thePanasonic HVX 200 using100Mb/s (Price in europa: 9xHD1000). But I think you cannot wait for ever and the price of the HD1000 is good. The most think I don't like is the audio quality.

You can buy many thing for the saved money compared with the Panasonic SD5 or Sony CX6/7. It's is also lighter and the ergonomics is the best. Perhaps you don't need an new PC. HD1000-Clips I can play with my Athlon 643200+ (and CoreAVC-Codec) good, an SD5-Clip not.

I think the next Generation will have 2-3 MB/s(16-24Mb/s). The bitratealways increases: HD1, HD2, HD1000+better compression:MP4
ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:07 AM   #895

I have been and am using a Canon S80 digicam, which records video clips as motion-JPEG with 15 fps. When I fly along a ridge or above trees in a straight line (or when I walk toward a person), the video result is quite satisfactory. When I thermal and do 360s or pan, however, it leaves much to be desired (as a consolation, every single "frame" is sharp with M-JPEG). I have been hoping, that the 60 fps of the HD1000 would record motion much better...
One to me endearing feature of the HV1000 is the option of connection the Xacti to an external hard disk, thus eliminating (at least for 2008 ) the need for a more powerful graphic card and/or computer, not to mention a BD-player. Now here's a question to which I would appreciate an answer:
I have learned on this forum, that giving non-Xacti files an appropriate file name is crucial - but is it at all possible to insert say other mp4 clips made with Quick Time Player Pro (like when two different kinds of camcorder are used on one occasion) among the h264 clips on an external hard disk and have the Xacti play back the "mixture"???
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 3:10 PM   #896

I don't think this is possible. I tried to mix another MP4 clip (a clip from my HD1000 reconverted to MP4 with the program SUPER ,free Videoencoder, named with a correct Sanyo-name: SANY0159.MP4)into the right directory of the Xacti: DCIM\100SANYO. The cam only showed a "?" and thefilename, but could not play it.

The HD1000 hascertainly a hardware-decoder and encoder andtherefore only can play his own files (but with less energy consumption), not like a software.

Therefore I don't think, that files from another cam copied to the xacti library will work (but I haved tried).

This is possible (I tried): You can cut and merge clips from the cam with the program yamb 2.0.0.8 (freeware) on the PC and play the movie back to the cam.There happens no reencoding!!!

Cutand merge also can bedone in the cam itself.For simplevideo editing you don't need any Software.

ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:48 PM   #897

to all people here in the forum! i'm sorry for doing some short cuts or short spellings here. as i am doing this for a long time since i was in a highschool to colloge untill now to send sms on a mobile phones. don't think that i'm the only one person doing these things in australia! most of us are..and i didn't know someone already comment about this here in this forum till i saw big pete's comment about the way i'm writing. i'm trying my best to write it like this..the PROPER WRITING!:-)
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:56 PM   #898

Thank you Jared for a legible post at long last.
Keep it up! ':-)'
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:06 PM   #899

I appreciate not needing power to drive a video drum and a tape mechanism, but I still need to match the SDHC card size to the battery in the HD1000 which I'probably buy.
So I would like you to tell me your experiences to answer this question:
What is the battery's capacity generally sufficient for in real life - filling only a 4MB card with video(I'm planning on 720p), or an 8 MB card, or somewhere in between, or perhaps even more than 8MB???
For my intents and purposes, it would not make any sense to buy an 8 or even 16 GB card if the HD1000 runs out of power long before it's full. If I'd have to change or charge battery, then I might as well change to another 4GB card instead...

Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:07 PM   #900

Big Pete wrote:
Quote:
I appreciate not needing power to drive a video drum and a tape mechanism, but I still need to match the SDHC card size to the battery in the HD1000 which I'probably buy.
So I would like you to tell me your experiences to answer this question:
What is the battery's capacity generally sufficient for in real life - filling only a 4MB card with video(I'm planning on 720p), or an 8 MB card, or somewhere in between, or perhaps even more than 8MB???
For my intents and purposes, it would not make any sense to buy an 8 or even 16 GB card if the HD1000 runs out of power long before it's full. If I'd have to change or charge battery, then I might as well change to another 4GB card instead...

Thanks in advance.

I think you mean GB, not MB... 8 MB will get you like 10 seconds of recording

if you want to match your battery capacity to your card... i think you'll want something that'll last about an hour to hour and 1/2. So that would be an 8 GB card (that'll get you around 1.5 hour capacity i think).
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote