Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:25 PM   #901

Hello everyone,

First, I wanted to let you guys know that viewing movies from my Xacti HD1000 on my PS3 is a piece of cake. Only need to insert the SD card in the PS3, select the SD icon and 'show all' and grab all the movies and copy to the PS3 hard disk. A real joke. And then you can watch these video in the comfort of my living room, on your HD TV hooked up with an HDMI cable to the PS3. The quality is awsome.

Secondly I have a question and need an answer. I want to send some video to my dad by email. Since they are HD movies in 1080i shot by my Xacti HD1000, I need to find a way to convert the MP4 files to another format easly readable by any computer. I understand I will loose some quality but this is fine. Could someone help me?

Thanks

Matt

Ajax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:42 AM   #902

Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
I need to find a way to convert the MP4 files to another format easly readable by any computer.
I'd use Super video converter and convert to wmv if Dad uses a PC or mov if he uses a Mac. If he uses Linux, just send him the original files.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 1:30 AM   #903

jared3105 wrote:
Quote:
to all people here in the forum! i'm sorry for doing some short cuts or short spellings here. as i am doing this for a long time since i was in a highschool to colloge untill now to send sms on a mobile phones. don't think that i'm the only one person doing these things in australia! most of us are..and i didn't know someone already comment about this here in this forum till i saw big pete's comment about the way i'm writing. i'm trying my best to write it like this..the PROPER WRITING!:-)
Just for fun, this is how I might have replied.

To all people here in the forum,
I'm sorry for taking short cuts or using abbreviations in my posts. I have been commonly doing this since I was in high school through college up to now when sending SMS messages on mobile phones. Don't think that I'm the only person sending messages in this manner in Austrailia. Most of us are, and I didn't know someone had complained about it in this forum until I saw Big Pete's comment about my writing. I'm trying my best to write it like this, the PROPER WRITING! But this is the one and only time I will make this effort, so f&*() off!:blah:
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 1:57 AM   #904

Oh no I lost Christmas videos off my C6 memory card!!
Irretrievably
I don't have XP, but I hope this Vista update can help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933847/en

It suffered a FAT scramble somehow, I tried some of the undelete and emergency recovery programs, one of them actually found the video but thanks to Bill Gate$, that opportunity is lost now, RATS, I guess I could have made a digital backup of the entire card, grrrr!

:evil:
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 2:57 AM   #905

Big Pete wrote:
Quote:
I appreciate not needing power to drive a video drum and a tape mechanism, but I still need to match the SDHC card size to the battery in the HD1000 which I'probably buy.
So I would like you to tell me your experiences to answer this question:
What is the battery's capacity generally sufficient for in real life - filling only a 4MB card with video(I'm planning on 720p), or an 8 MB card, or somewhere in between, or perhaps even more than 8MB???
For my intents and purposes, it would not make any sense to buy an 8 or even 16 GB card if the HD1000 runs out of power long before it's full. If I'd have to change or charge battery, then I might as well change to another 4GB card instead...

Thanks in advance.

Simple solution..... buy a second battery. I got one off ebay (not offical sanyo) and it works fine. They are so small they are no extra hassle to carry along and itmight save you from missing out on that crucial moment.....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 3:12 AM   #906

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
I think you mean GB, not MB... 8 MB will get you like 10 seconds of recording

if you want to match your battery capacity to your card... i think you'll want something that'll last about an hour to hour and 1/2. So that would be an 8 GB card (that'll get you around 1.5 hour capacity i think).
You are right: HD1000 12 Mb/s=1.5 MB/s (max. [email protected] or [email protected])

Therefore with 1 GBrecordis 666s = 11 min. 8GB => 88 min or 1 and 1/2 h.

Battery (in the manual, I haven't test it, I only have 2 GB Card): rec: 2 hours FullHD(1080i), play:275 min=4h 35 min.

If somebody don't want to load the battery or change the card then 8GB cardsis the best.But it depends on your behavior.

I personally would prefer 2x4 GB, because of then 4GB border problem (XP and Vista, see posts above, this problem will disappear soon).You can't lose von many data at once.I onlyrecord many short clips (10-20s/clip).It takes me 1-2 days to fill a 2GB card.

ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:00 AM   #907

f&*() off! too!:blah:
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:27 AM   #908

Anyone tried this? http://www.magix.com/uk/movie-edit-pro/plus/

Looks quite promising.
Burlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:28 AM   #909

ddchesser wrote:
Quote:
ray301 wrote:

I personally would prefer 2x4 GB, because of then 4GB border problem (XP and Vista, see posts above, this problem will disappear soon).
I posted a link above to a patch that fixes the 4GB issue with SDHC cards...
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:50 AM   #910

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
I posted a link above to a patch that fixes the 4GB issue with SDHC cards...
Thanks, I know, we talked about it. The Hotfix from microsoft. I mean, therefore it is easier to have 4GB cards until on every pcthere is an official update orservice pack.
ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote