Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:25 AM   #911

sonicwind wrote:
Quote:
Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
I need to find a way to convert the MP4 files to another format easly readable by any computer.
I'd use Super video converter and convert to wmv if Dad uses a PC or mov if he uses a Mac. If he uses Linux, just send him the original files.
Super Video Converter don't support MP4 conversion to other format. This is not working, unless you've tired it yourself and I'm missing something. Still looking for an efficient program that will let me convert MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 to another format such as avi/divx. Did someone succeeded in this task? Thanks
Ajax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:41 AM   #912

Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
Still looking for an efficient program that will let me convert MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 to another format such as avi/divx. Did someone succeeded in this task? Thanks
Have you tried the free program, MP4Cam2Avi (http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/)? I don't have an HD1000 but have used it to convert my HD700 and CG6 files to avi.
Trocadile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:12 AM   #913

Trocadile wrote:
Quote:
Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
Still looking for an efficient program that will let me convert MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 to another format such as avi/divx. Did someone succeeded in this task? Thanks
Have you tried the free program, MP4Cam2Avi (http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/)? I don't have an HD1000 but have used it to convert my HD700 and CG6 files to avi.
I finally found the answer !! But not with MP4Cam2AVI

This is what you guys need to convert 1080i MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 movies captured with your Sanyo Xacti HD1000:

Find all the information there: http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html

Basicaly, you need:
1. KL QuikTime Alternative version 1.81
2. MPEG Streamclip
3. 3ivx to allow coding in Divx

Enjoy

Matt
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:06 AM   #914

I got an answer from Sanyo, see "Noisy HD 1000-Forum".
ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:34 PM   #915

Hello

I have just bought on Ebay a brand new HD1000.
I am fully satisfied of the first clips, it performs much better than my Sanyo HD1a; low light performance is incomparable.

I have read that you have tested a Raynox lens I would like to buy; is it the 5050 PRO? how does it perform? is the loss of quality acceptable?

Just to give an idea of what I mean as acceptable I consider my VCP-L06W Sanyo 0,6x adapter for the HD1a fairly good(I am presently selling it on Ebay, for those who are interested)Thank you very much

rosobrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:21 PM   #916

Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
Super Video Converter don't support MP4 conversion to other format. This is not working, unless you've tired it yourself and I'm missing something. Still looking for an efficient program that will let me convert MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 to another format such as avi/divx. Did someone succeeded in this task? Thanks
Yeah, Super worked for me, except I did get errors trying to convert to wmv, for some reason. But I converted to divx, mov and flash no problem. I have installed the k-lite codec pack with all the h.264 options. I don't know if that helped or not.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:39 PM   #917

Can any of you HD1000 users tell me whether you attached the Sanyo magnetic cores to the cables as detailed in the manual. The cores are supposed to "reduce spurious radiation". Anyone able to elaborate on what that means?

I hate using them because I travel with my HD1000 and dock a lot and the cores make it a lot tougher to wrap everything up in a tight package. Sanyo recommends the cores be used on every cable that connects to the dock!

3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:42 PM   #918

Ajax99, regarding watching HD1000 videos on your PS3, can it play any resolution 1080i, [email protected]? Does the PS3 support SDHC cards?

Unfortunately the Nintendo Wii doesn't play MP4 files, in fact, it only supports SD cards.
3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:46 PM   #919

3ccdmbp wrote:
Quote:
Can any of you HD1000 users tell me whether you attached the Sanyo magnetic cores to the cables as detailed in the manual. The cores are supposed to "reduce spurious radiation". Anyone able to elaborate on what that means?

I hate using them because I travel with my HD1000 and dock a lot and the cores make it a lot tougher to wrap everything up in a tight package. Sanyo recommends the cores be used on every cable that connects to the dock!

essentially long cables can act like antennas... so they can capture emission frequencies from other sources and contaminate the signal. The cores are designed to reduce the spikes in signal (be sure to use the correct size for the cord). If you don't see any interferience patterns or hear any weird sounds, then you can probably get away with not using them.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:20 PM   #920

3ccdmbp wrote:
Quote:
Ajax99, regarding watching HD1000 videos on your PS3, can it play any resolution 1080i, [email protected]? Does the PS3 support SDHC cards?

Unfortunately the Nintendo Wii doesn't play MP4 files, in fact, it only supports SD cards.
So far I only recorded in full HD (1080i) with my HD1000 so I don't know if it support other resolution but I will say yes.

Regarding the SD card, I never tried a SDHC in my PS3. The card I have is an old 1GB SD that works perfectly in my new HD1000. I should be receiving SDHC cards by mail shortly and will definitively try.

Regards.