Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:35 PM   #921

ray301 wrote:
Quote:
essentially long cables can act like antennas... so they can capture emission frequencies from other sources and contaminate the signal. The cores are designed to reduce the spikes in signal (be sure to use the correct size for the cord). If you don't see any interferience patterns or hear any weird sounds, then you can probably get away with not using them.
Thanks for the info. I'm just surprised to see the cores because none of my previous electronic equipment had this inclusion.
3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 2:28 AM   #922

Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
* I want to send some video to my dad by email.* Since they are HD movies in 1080i shot by my Xacti HD1000, I need to find a way to convert the MP4 files to another format easly readable by any computer.
upload straight to vimeo. if he logs in to vimeo on the page for the video will be a download as quicktime button. a quicktime will be able to play on his computer whatever the flavor. vimeo will do the conversion for you.
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 9:14 AM   #923

Hey guys, check this out, its quite funny. It demonstrates the badpoints of electronic image stabilization. The camera usedis the HD1000 too....

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/mcfa0086/dis...ne/098974.html

TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:33 AM   #924

Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
3ccdmbp wrote:
Quote:
Ajax99, regarding watching HD1000 videos on your PS3, can it play any resolution 1080i, [email protected]? Does the PS3 support SDHC cards?

Unfortunately the Nintendo Wii doesn't play MP4 files, in fact, it only supports SD cards.
So far I only recorded in full HD (1080i) with my HD1000 so I don't know if it support other resolution but I will say yes.

Regarding the SD card, I never tried a SDHC in my PS3. The card I have is an old 1GB SD that works perfectly in my new HD1000. I should be receiving SDHC cards by mail shortly and will definitively try.

Regards.
My 8GB SDHC with H700 video plays OK in PS3 directly in the SD slot (have to put in a video folder though).

In any case if you use a card reader which supports SDHC, it should work in the USB port, that is for the 40G PS3 without card slot.
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 12:06 PM   #925

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys, check this out, its quite funny. It demonstrates the badpoints of electronic image stabilization. The camera usedis the HD1000 too....

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/mcfa0086/dis...ne/098974.html

Very interesting! Good Job from that man and your good nose (TheTurk)!Our HD1000 seems to have a kind of "Object following System" not a "Image Stabilization System". This has also advantages when following sportive motives. Now I understand better, why somebody use the EIS and somebody don't (See "HD1000 image stabilization" Forum). I don't prefer to use it. (What you get is what you see.)

ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 1:07 PM   #926

3ccdmbp wrote:
Quote:
Can any of you HD1000 users tell me whether you attached the Sanyo magnetic cores to the cables as detailed in the manual.
I like radiation, so I don't attach them. Trees, I hate though, so I have to print out another copy of this forum...

Ray sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I didn't attach mine, and have never attached any that have come with anything.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 9:13 AM   #927

YOUTUBE accepts MPEG4 uploads up to 1GB!

I've been looking at options for sharing the videos shot with this cameras. The files are so big that emailing them is not an option. I saw this tonight thought:

"We've found that files converted from .wmv to one of the other formats our webpage accepts generally have a lower playback quality than other file formats. If you have your source video in a format other than a .wmv file, you may want to encode directly to MPEG4 (DivX, Xvid, SVQ3) at 640x480 resolution, with 64k Mono MP3 Audio. If you have a source .wmv in high bitrate and larger resolution you may want to convert to MPEG4 at full resolution and then resizing to 320x240 using a high quality resizing algorithm - this can help reduce the number of artifacts you end up with. "

You have to download a small program that allows the larger uploads (the multi-video uploader) in order to take advantage of the changes.

I tried it last night and it seems to work. The video I uploaded was not straight MPEG4 though, so I can't tell if they modify the file. I'll try it later with some clean footage.
ehphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 6:22 PM   #928

Can someone please tell me how I can convert an MPG to a MP4? I recorded all my video with the HD1000 and I use Sony Vegas to edit everything together. Then I render the video as an MPG file (it can't render an MP4) which works great and it keeps the quality and everything intact. But now I want to put my edited video back on the HD1000's memory card so I can watch it on my TV....so I need to convert the MPG I rendered in Sony Vegas into an MP4 file somehow...

So does anyone know of a good program I can use to convert my MPG to an MP4 while still keeping the HD quality?
wasapamati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:46 PM   #929

wasapamati wrote:
Quote:
Can someone please tell me how I can convert an MPG to a MP4? I recorded all my video with the HD1000 and I use Sony Vegas to edit everything together. Then I render the video as an MPG file (it can't render an MP4) which works great and it keeps the quality and everything intact. But now I want to put my edited video back on the HD1000's memory card so I can watch it on my TV....so I need to convert the MPG I rendered in Sony Vegas into an MP4 file somehow...

So does anyone know of a good program I can use to convert my MPG to an MP4 while still keeping the HD quality?
Just a quick FYI, no one in this forum has been able to playback any externally edited MP4 on the xacti library... meaning at this time, if you were to convert your mpg to mp4 and put it back into the xacti... it won't play back.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 2:12 AM   #930

Well ain't that a b.
wasapamati is offline   Reply With Quote