Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 6, 2008, 2:23 AM   #931

Has anyone tried renaming the Sanyo-named MP4 files on their computer and seeing whether that will playback on the HD1000 and output to TV?

How are you guys storing your files? I prefer to name them by YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_short_description and keeping backups on external drives.

I'm hoping I can still playback these files through the HD1000 dock without having to keep another folder of original file names.
3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 2:35 AM   #932

3ccdmbp wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone tried renaming the Sanyo-named MP4 files on their computer and seeing whether that will playback on the HD1000 and output to TV?

How are you guys storing your files? I prefer to name them by YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_short_description and keeping backups on external drives.

I'm hoping I can still playback these files through the HD1000 dock without having to keep another folder of original file names.
Just tested this myself. The HD1000 won't play the files after renaming BUT if I rename the files back to anything following the SANYxxxx naming convention then the file plays again.
3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:35 AM   #933

forget about it, editing the files in any way will render them unplayable via the camera. Even if you copy edited files to an external HDD and try to use the library feature, it will not work. Dont waste any more time trying......
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:20 AM   #934

choavana wrote:
Quote:
Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
� I want to send some video to my dad by email.� Since they are HD movies in 1080i shot by my Xacti HD1000, I need to find a way to convert the MP4 files to another format easly readable by any computer.
upload straight to vimeo. if he logs in to vimeo on the page for the video will be a download as quicktime button. a quicktime will be able to play on his computer whatever the flavor. vimeo will do the conversion for you.
Choavana, Vimeo works great but won't accept 1920x1080i video. I've tried several of them and the image is not rendered properly. If you record your video in 1280x720 is works though. Cheers
Ajax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:06 PM   #935

Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
Choavana, Vimeo works great but won't accept 1920x1080i video.* I've tried several of them and the image is not rendered properly.* If you record your video in 1280x720 is works though.* Cheers
Sorry about that. I shoot everything in 720p. Hope it's still useful to you.
choavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:54 PM   #936

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
forget about it, editing the files in any way will render them unplayable via the camera. Even if you copy edited files to an external HDD and try to use the library feature, it will not work. Dont waste any more time trying......
Correct, that even applies to .jpeg stills , any editing of those shots makes it unreadable by the camera...
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2008, 3:51 PM   #937

I hope that the much lower price of this more or less competing product from Samsung will cause the price of an HD1000 to drop in a couple of months: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08...g%20nv24hd.asp
As for myself, I already have a high angle low zoom range lens on my Canon S80, so I'd rather spend my money on a HD1000, but I'd prefer it to be less money... ;-)

Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:21 PM   #938

This thing is so ugly comparing to HD1000, yuck....
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:08 PM   #939

removed
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:01 PM   #940

I wonder if the new Casio Pro EX-F1camera will have any influence on a future replacemnt for the HD1000?

"Full resolution photography using 60 fps ultra-high speed burst mode captures the crucial moment
Using the still image burst mode, users can shoot at an ultra fast 60 frames per second. In burst mode, the frame rate can also be varied from between 1 and 60 frames per second while shooting. Up to 60 shots can be taken at once, so 60 shots per second for one second, or 5 shots per second for 12 seconds, are possible.

High speed movie recording at up to 1,200 fps
The EXILIM Pro EX-F1 can record high speed movie footage of motion too fast for the human eye, for ultra slow motion playback. Users can select a recording speed of 300 fps, 600 fps or 1,200 fps. There is also a Movie Button that lets users quickly start movie recording without first switching from still image mode."

http://www.dcviews.com/press/Casio-EX-F1.htm
Burlz is offline   Reply With Quote