Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:09 PM   #941

I'm not interested in any new HD camcorder offerings unless they can compete with the HD1000 in size. That's the main criterion for me.
3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:35 PM   #942

TheTurk wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys, check this out, its quite funny. It demonstrates the badpoints of electronic image stabilization. The camera usedis the HD1000 too....

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/mcfa0086/dis...ne/098974.html

That was a great post, and disappointing. This is exactly what I have been seeing in my sports videos. Not using the stabilization and videoing manually is 100 times worse, though.

ps, the bot filter on that site is so tough that I couldn't enter a comment in 2 tries. That or somehow the site knows what a smart-ass I am and is intentionally making impossible for me to post.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:01 PM   #943

Trocadile wrote:
Quote:
Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
Still looking for an efficient program that will let me convert MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 to another format such as avi/divx. Did someone succeeded in this task? Thanks
Have you tried the free program, MP4Cam2Avi (http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/)? I don't have an HD1000 but have used it to convert my HD700 and CG6 files to avi.
this program works great, no recompressing, just converts to h.264 avi and then you can edit in VirtualDub.

Edit: The program does not work great. Great idea, can't edit converted video with VirtualDub. Oh well.

My version of PowerDirector is able to work with the 1080i and convert to DVD and such, however I cannot create HD content with it. However, the programs I use work great with the 720 files and I'm perfectly happy with that resolution. I won't be filming any primetime TV episodes any time soon, so I think 720 will be high enough quality.
sonicwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:47 PM   #944

I will get this new CASIO EXILIM Pro EX-F1 for sure!
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 11:13 PM   #945

I would also like to thank those that have posted information to this forum. It has been most helpful although I still have some issues with burning DVDs from 1080i files I've recorded on my HD1000.

First some recent experiences from a family vacation I took over the holidays to Costa Rica. The camera turned out to be excellent. Picture quality and video quality exceeded my expectations however I did need to use features like the shortcut keys to address focus-lock, and ISO settings to get the best pictures. I was really surprised by the quality of the still photos for a 4 megapixel camera.

I used an 8GB card and took over 350 pics and nearly an hr of video clips. I had a backup battery and backup card although I never needed to use the backup card. I did switch batteries but there was still at least a 1/4 charge still left when I switched. I had a travel charger so I could charge one battery while I was out with the camera. The travel charger also allowed me to leave the docking station at home. (I bought the charger and extra battery asa kit on Ebay.)

The pictures also look great on a 15" HD digital picture frame I received for Christmas. Its a great way to show the still pictures as a slide show. Unfortunately even though the LED Picture Frame has speakers, it does not have the codecs to show the 1080i video from the trip.

I attempted to transfer the video and pictures to standard DVDs. I figured I would put the picutures on one DVD for showing slide shows and I would have to split the video clips into 2 DVDs to get them to fit (they were recorded at 1080i). I attempted to use the ULEAD software that came with the camera. While it is rather rudimentary, it would have met my basic needs for rendering a movie out of my clips and burning it to a DVD. Unfortunately after running for 30 hours it failed.

I have to say that I am somewhat confused after reading all the posts as to which software has actually been used to tranfser the mpeg4 files produced on the HD1000 and rendered/burned the movie to a standard DVD. I don't need alot of editing capability. Just need to produce a title slide, some menus and join the clips into a single move, with a few Chapters. If someone could take another shot at explaining the best approach/software it would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I am able to clearly view my 1080i video clips on my computer (2.8Ghz Pentium D with 3GB Ram) using Windows Media Player and the latest Codec downloads that were shared on this forum. The videos on my computer are very smooth and impressive. Now if I could only burn that same quality video to a DVD for display on my TV. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
heatwave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:52 PM   #946

There's an ebay seller called Roxsen in HK, who I have used many times no problem; they currently have Leica Voigtlander Summicron Elmar 40.5mm lens hoods for sale. Less than 8 quid delivered to UK and perfect in black.
I thought these might be useful for the Sanyo to help avoid some of those blue spot situations.

Any thoughts?
Burlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 2:52 PM   #947

Didn't someone point out, somewhere in this behemoth 48-page thread, that the docking station has its own on/off switch ... to compensate for the camcorder's on-board switch being inaccessible when docked?

It makes me wonder whether there isn't a hack to overcome the XD1000's inability to shoot video with the LCD screen closed, by making the camcorder think it's docked when it isn't. Presumably either the physical insertion of a jack on the docking station, or the completion of an electrical circuit, is what allows the docking station's on/off switch to supersede the camcorder's. This ought to be easy to spoof, no?
altmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 3:22 PM   #948

Heatwave 3, have you checked out the latest sony dvd direct burner, this burns avc and mpeg2 files direct to nromal dvds and supports sdhc, although I'm not sure it will burn the video direct from the sd but I think it may well do. This could be a very easy quick solution for many people with basic editing tools as well through the lcd, worth a look?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ction_DVD.html
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:27 PM   #949

I'm not sure if this Sony burner will be compatible with the video format from the Sanyo. The video in the Sanyo is MPEG-4 AVC/H.264. The Sony uses AVCHD which is a different format.
heatwave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:59 AM   #950

Anyone had a chance to test the new firmware? I have successfully loaded it (one tricky spot) but haven't had a chance to test it yet...

Regards,
Lake
laked3 is offline   Reply With Quote