Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 30, 2007, 2:08 AM   #1

New: The Sanyo Xacti HD1000 hybrid. Full HD (1920x1080) MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video + AAC audio hybrid digicam.

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]Information, technical specsand pics on Sanyo Europe's HD1000 pageand on Sanyo Japan's HD1000 page (update: English page) and new: Sanyo North America's HD1000 page. Updates: HD1000 Corporate press release; Sanyo North America's HD1000 press release.

Update!: we have a price from Amazon: $799.99, shipping October 5th, 2007.

Update!: We havethe first downloadablesamples on page two of this threadand a linkto a music video made entirely with the HD1000. Re-encoded samples (m2t) available from Impress Watch HD1000 review. Member Charbax provided a long 263MB 1080i sample on his web site. NEW:memberchoavana kindly made available their first candid raw footage taken with their new HD1000. Also, user sonata1 shares their first raw footage.

Update:many photos of theHD1000 at Akihabara News (and Dannychoo). Impress Watch also has some photosand info (Japanese) of the camera.

English Manuals (PDF):
On-line digital movie camera guide (tips)for the HD1000: "Let's shoot more movies"... with the HD1000.

Some of the highlights (the following may not be accurate):
[/*]
  • New "platinum" video engine records up to 1920x1080 video usingMPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video codec and stereo AAC audio (on SDHC media). [/*]
  • 60 fields/s for 1080i or 60 frames/s for 720p 12Mbps or lower modes. [/*]
  • 4MP 1/2.5" CMOS (!) sensor with 8MP mode (more of an HD camcorder with digicam functionality?) [/*]
  • Can take 2MP photos while simultaneously shooting video [/*]
  • 10X optical zoom [/*]
  • Burst mode:7fps 4MP photos (max of 7 per burst) [/*]
  • 1900mAh lithium ion battery for 2 hours of continuous recording time [/*]
  • Digital image stabilizer for videos and photos: "SANYO newly developed its multi-anti-shake digital image stabilizer that not only handles typical hand shaking and photographic subject movement for still images, but also senses camera turning/revolution types of difficult and complex stabilization." [/*]
  • Pop-up flash [/*]
  • Face detection technology: "Capable of handling up to 12 independent faces when photographing groups." [/*]
  • Docking station: Remote control, "Xacti Library" with external USB HDD support, outputs: HDMI /Component video/S-video/Composite video, NTSC/PAL [/*]
  • 2.7" LCD [/*]
  • External microphone (Sanyo showednew wireless microphone accessories HM-W300 in Japan), flash and video light accessories possible. [/*]
  • Optional tele/wide and semi-fish-eye conversion lenses will be avail. [/*]
  • Nero 7 essentials and Ulead Moviewriter 5 SE software included [/*]
  • Max ISO3200 for stills [/*]
  • Etc. (rest of standard features)
Size relative to a hand: [/*]
[align=center][/align]
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:00 AM   #2
FLG

Henry's in Canada:
"This item is on order from our supplier and we should receive more inventory soon"
$999.99 canadian
Is not looking like will fit in your pocket .
HD2 on steroids.
document.write('[img]/forums/images/emoticons/jumping-smiley-004.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/jumping-smiley-004.gif[/img]
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:09 AM   #3
FLG

1/2.5-inch CMOS sensor
8GB SDHC card will only hold about 1 hour and 25 minutes of Full HD recordings
Initial Global Monthly Production 15000
The new "Xacti Library" allows for simple file saving and playback of movie and picture data by simply connecting the USB cable*4 from the docking station to an external hard disk drive*5. The user just places the camera into the docking station after connecting the station to the television and the external hard drive, and using the menu that appears on the television screen, can search through the thumbnails and choose either to play the file immediately or save it to the external hard disk.
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 9:53 AM   #4

FLG wrote:
Quote:
[...]8GB SDHC card will only hold about 1 hour and 25 minutes of Full HD recordings[...]
Thanks, just noticed the Full HD recording time in another press release (I'll update the first post), it's a full HD recording bit-rate of12Mbps.Let's not forget Toshiba recently accounced 16GB and 32GB SDHC cards:

[align=center][/align]

[align=left]This meansa32GB SDHCwill holdjust over5hours and 40 minutes of full 1080 HD video. And the HD1000 can also record in 720 HD (and SD as well), which will make the recording times on par with the other newest Xactis.[/align]
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:59 AM   #5

Updated links and added US$ price in first post....
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:10 AM   #6

Looks like a winner. Even those of us that don't shoot HD can appreciate the 10X zoom and the H.264.

Way to go, Sanyo!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:18 AM   #7

Isn't this a fairly low bitrate?? Less than other HD camcorders, no?

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
it's a full HD recording bit-rate of12Mbps.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:37 AM   #8

dcpmark wrote:
Quote:
Isn't this a fairly low bitrate?? Less than other HD camcorders, no?

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
it's a full HD recording bit-rate of12Mbps.
No, not really, Sony and Panasonic's AVCHD camcorders, which also record using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video codec, record at about the same bit-rate, 12Mbps for the ones that recordto DVD and up to a max of 15Mbps for SDHC based ones.And it's important to note that AVCHD does not use the high efficiency AAC audio codec, whichsaves bandwidth for the HD1000 (AVCHD records audio using either uncompressed PCM or compressed AC-3 5.1, which is not asefficient as stereo AAC).

AVC/H.264 is very efficient, especially at HD resolutions. But it remains to be seen how good the HD1000's video will be. Here's looking forward to samples...
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:03 PM   #9

Well, I can't wait for this one. I still love my C6,but I've been wondering if I should get the HD2 when this annoucement came. Unless it produces WORSE video than my C6, this will be my new camera.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:25 PM   #10

Akihabara News has posted a gallery of photos of the Sanyo Xacti HD1000 camera from the Japanese launch event...they're really impressed andexcited about this one.