Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:25 AM   #1

I found that my VPC-C6 not able to go into record mode suddenly!!

When I turn on my VPC-C6 in record mode, red light keep flashing and nothing show on the screen!!

However, when I turn it on in playback mode, everything seem normal, menu show on screen and I can do camera config. and even format SD card.

Do anyone encountered the same problem?
Any suggestion is welcome!!

Please help!!

Alan from Hong Kong.
badmanhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:26 PM   #2

I haven't heard of this before. In the manual, they list three types of flashing red: slow= Battery charge error (overcharged or defective battery); fast =During selftimer photography; very fast =Accessing data. I imagine you've tried the obvious, like: trying a different SD card; different battery, or plugged in with the power supply to make sure it's getting enough power; making sure none of the buttons are stuck, etc. Perhaps the flashing red lightin this case could indicate another problem, but you should normally get a "System Error" message if it's an actualsystem error. I'm guessing it could be a problem with the power (battery) since recording mode would require more power.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 9:54 PM   #3

I'm having the same problem. If I start the VPC-C6 in play mode everything works fine. I can review movies and stills stored on the SD card.

BTW, I've tried this with two docking stations, two batteries, and two SD cards. Two other VPC-C6 cameras we have work fine.

Anyway if when in playback mode I then select Record mode the camera screen goes blank. I plugged the camera into a TV via the composite video cable and the TV screen is also blank.

If I select the record mode then turn on the camera the screen, including the TV screen both show the date and time but nothing else.

I have no control over any of the buttons at this point. Nothing works. On occasion I can get the camera to shut off with the power button but usually have to remove the battery or if I'm using the AC adaptor with no battery I have to unplug the AC adaptor.

When the camera is in record mode the red LED flashes about once a second, maybe a bit slower.

Just to see if it would make a difference I updated the firmware but that made no difference at all.

The camera is under warranty but labor is not covered. If I want the camera repaired I have to send in a check for $110 to have it fixed. Yeah right. I expect that for my $110 I get sent a refurbed camera and my camera goes in a stack to be refurbed, parted out, or destroyed. I don't expect that the camera will actually be repaired and sent back to me.

I noticed that there is what appears to be a reset button on the left side of the camera near the front. Can the reset button with the combination of another button or buttons on the camera be used to return the camera to complete out of factory condition? The reset option on the camera doesn't do a full reset as evidenced by the date, language, and time not being affected by it's use.

We rely on this camera at work and so I'm hoping someone here has had some success with this issue.

Thanks.
dotyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:37 PM   #4

Heh this happens to me all the time and then I take the lens cover off & it's fixed again LOL! :?

Just kidding

Take note of the serial number of your camera before you send it in & compare to what they send back to you. If it is different, demand your "labor" money back because all they did is switch your camera!
:P

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:01 PM   #5

Grunchy wrote:
Quote:
Heh this happens to me all the time and then I take the lens cover off & it's fixed again LOL! :?

Just kidding

Take note of the serial number of your camera before you send it in & compare to what they send back to you. If it is different, demand your "labor" money back because all they did is switch your camera!
:P
That shouldn't be too much of a problem. We have the name of the company I work for engraved on the camera body.

Still, it looks like neither the boss or the person in charge of the department that owns the camera are willing to pay the repair cost. Unfortunate considering what we paid for the camera.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:36 AM   #6

Here's an idea, if you bought the camera with a credit card then check if the credit card has the "warranty doubler" protection and take advantage of it. If it does, take the camera in for an estimate and send that to Visa with an insurance claim, if that's the card you had used.
Actually... that's what I should do!! My C6 has at least two dead pixels on the sensor, and Visa will pay to get it fixed. Cool, eh?

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:43 AM   #7

Great idea. Unfortunately we purchased the camera using a purchase order.

I work in he IT department of aa school district and I have a hard time prying the company credit card away from the folks at the district office, so POs are my primary purchasing method.

Thanks for the great advice though. Perhaps I'll strip off what we can use and stuff it in a box in my office for when someone needs a new battery, cable, or lens cover.