Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:49 AM   #31

Yup, that's it, burst mode = "sequential shots" in the manual, 5 7MPstills per single burst.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:41 PM   #32

istara wrote:
Quote:
Yes - a time lapse mode. I don't see why the cameras can't have them, it is surely a fairly simple feature to have (given there are already timer functions and so on).
It has been done on cheaper cameras.

A few of the Mustek hybrids had "interval shutter/interval record", a limited version of time-lapse. You could set the interval between stills or video clips at 1, 5, 10, or 30 minutes. The total time of the session could be set at 1, 2, 6, 12, or 24 hoursor Full (no time limit). For video, you could also set the length of the clips to 5, 10, 15, or 30 seconds.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:27 PM   #33

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
istara wrote:
Quote:
Yes - a time lapse mode. I don't see why the cameras can't have them, it is surely a fairly simple feature to have (given there are already timer functions and so on).
It has been done on cheaper cameras.

*A few of the Mustek hybrids had "interval shutter/interval record", a limited version of time-lapse. You could set the interval between stills or video clips at 1, 5, 10, or 30 minutes. The total time of the session could be set at 1, 2, 6, 12, or 24 hours*or Full (no time limit). For video, you could also set the length of the clips to 5, 10, 15, or 30 seconds.
I had an interval record function on a Sony HVR-V1E video camera I used in a previous job. I am not sure if it did stills interval record or not, but the video interval record was pretty good. It needed some post-processing, because you really need 1 frame per second/per minute or whatever, and the least video it could take was 15 frames (which actually turned out to be 17 frames when ingested).

I was able to drag all these clips onto a timeline in Final Cut - because it was HDV, each clip was recorded as a separate GOP(?), not a continuous chunk of footage as with conventional PAL. I sped each clip up 17 times, so that it was only 1 frame long (this could be done as a batch - do the first then paste the action onto all the others - bear in mind there are hundreds of clips of video, so one really needs batch functionality).

The final video was not as pristine as a proper time lapse with a still camera would have been, and one would not - I assume - be able to get things like light streaks of car lights at night, however it was quite a nice time lapse. A similar function - either video or still - would be greatly welcome in the Xacti range.
istara is offline   Reply With Quote