Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 15, 2007, 9:47 PM   #1

Hope I'm doing this right, it is my first post here.
I was hoping someone could give me the physical size of the HD1000.
I am thinking of trying it for skydiving. The only sizes I have seen didn't make sense.
Please make the width from side to side, the depth from front of lens to where the eye piece would be it had one. This sounds funny to describe it this way but people think of depth and width differently.
Thunderbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:12 PM   #2

I don't havean HD1000, but based on the photos of the camera in people's hands (for example: the oneson Akihabara News) the dimensions in the specs sound right to me.

Using your terminology this works out to: width =36 mm; depth = 80 mm; height =119 mm.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:35 PM   #3

That sounds right. It would be 1.41"wide x 3.15"deep x 4.68"high.
I'm hoping someone else tries it first for skydiving though. The cx7 has been tried successfully but it is at least $400 more and would have to be mounted on top instead of the side of the helmet. Thanks.
Thunderbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:28 PM   #4

Hmmm... I'm finding discrepencies on the dimensions. I took the dimensions above from the HD1000 English online PDF manual specs thinking they would be correct, but they may not be (might be theHD2 dimensions they copied).Ifoundthese other measurementson the HD1000 datasheet: 54.5 x 90 x 112.6 mm, 311 grams with battery and SD card. Slightly different, still makes sense, I think they may be the right ones.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:39 PM   #5

I just got mine and it's pretty big compared to the CG65/HD700 (as expected). That said, it feels REALLY comfortable in your hand. It actually looks and feels like a gun kind of -- I actually got worried about it looking too much like a gun actually. Another thing is you really do hold it that way, where with the CG65 or HD700 is kind of held differently -- at least I do, I pinch it between my thumb and the rest of my fingers. I think for skydiving the HD1000 might be better b/c of that. Although it's bigger, you can just squeeze it in your hand real hard and there's no way it's going to come out of your hand.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote