Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 9, 2008, 9:25 AM   #1051

Xacti hd700 and library:

I have gotten around 10 days of video and to me that awefully alot, very memorable in ways. I know they are on the EXT HD (Library)

I never intialized the Library, but when I found the hotels pc with a USB port today I did just that went on. got the library working, but no file of the Sanyo Xacti Hd700 Rolls

I loaded into the Album section all my video and other cams there it is a start.

I need to recheck the xacti hd700 and EXT Hd hook up, see if I have all 10 days or more still on here and i should.

SO what will happen next is a ton of transfer back to the camera, and back on the EXT hd

[line]

You can use a EXT HD with the camera seperate but it will be time consuption when you need to get off the library.

HD700 transfers to library.

LIbrary tansfers back to HD700

Hd700 transfers on to your PC
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 9:32 AM   #1052

lunapic.com

here is a snapshot Visorblue you may get a kick out of it

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:35 AM   #1053

:O Hey, that´s cool, a picture in motion. Good tip!

Yep, I think the library and editing on the cam is a big plus and unique feature of these new xactis.
On my 2 week trip to spain the xacti was all the time with me. So I got round about 20gb hd-footage, using a 4gb sdhc, 3 batteries, the docking and an external usb-hd.
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 11:09 AM   #1054

couple of questions..

1. how did yo do that photo with the motion in it?

2. If I have all my vdieo on the external library hard drive, can I just plug it into my PC via usb to get video off?? I assume all the same files that are on the card are now on the hard drive...

Also dos anyone know where to get the wide angel lens everyone is using? I was told to look fo "Phoenix M-Power large 0.45x magnetic wide angle lens" [/b]on AMAZON but it says its not in stock.. I am also told I should be able to find it for about $15.00

Thanks...

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 11:54 AM   #1055

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
If I have all my vdieo on the external library hard drive, can I just plug it into my PC via usb to get video off?? I assume all the same files that are on the card are now on the hard drive...

Also dos anyone know where to get the wide angel lens everyone is using? I was told to look fo "Phoenix M-Power large 0.45x magnetic wide angle lens" on AMAZON but it says its not in stock.. I am also told I should be able to find it for about $15.00

Thanks...
first question:
... yes.
second:
try it on ebay, several offers on ebay us.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 11:58 AM   #1056

Hello everyone.

After reading about half of this thread I made the decision to get an HD700 and ordered one off of ebay. About $470 USD shipped, here to Canada. Ebay was basically my best option here in Canada as the current US - CDN exchange rate is very good for buying things in the USD right now, but our stores here do not reflect that fact, so local prices for the hd700 are several hundred dollars more. The auction also included an 8GB SD card, tripod, little bag, LCD protector... etc. You know the ones. It's coming from Hong Kong so I will let you know how it goes. The seller had pretty positive feedback and customers who have been buying $2000 cameras from him have been leaving glowing feedback so I felt it was relatively safe to proceed. If I get scammed I'll get my money back anyways as I used PayPal/credit card.

I have a few questions. I am really considering getting a wide angle lens and was wondering if anyone who is using the large 27mm 0.45 type lens has noticed any vignetting in 4:3 video mode or stills? Just wondering as I plan to be recording in 4:3 for a while as my current computer (12" powerbook) sadly can't actually handle playing HD video.

I do plan to however record in HD sometimes and just watch it off of the camera on my 22" widescreen LCD monitor. I bought a 6' HDMI to DVI cable off of ebay as well for this purpose ($8 shipped), do you think that will work? I was just guessing that it would.

I am incredibly excited to get my hands on this camera. I've been on the verge of buying a digital camera for the past few months, and was leaning towards a canon digital rebel or 30D as I could use my favorite m42 lens with one (with an adapter). However I was a bit hesitant as I would not be able to shoot video with a camera like that. Everytime I borrow someone's digicam I end up using the video feature.

The HD700 seems like the perfect solution for me. I am actually very impressed with the still picture samples I've seen here and elsewhere. The macro is just breath taking! And for those of you who don't like the HD700's stills, keep in mind that I am basically coming from an old 35mm SLR (not that I haven't used a digital camera before). :|

Anyways thank you all for posting so much information in this thread, it was a great help. I especially appreciate your videos and pictures (not to mention your positivity) VisorBlue.
squirrel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:14 PM   #1057

squirrel2 wrote:
Quote:
... I am really considering getting a wide angle lens and was wondering if anyone who is using the large 27mm 0.45 type lens has noticed any vignetting in 4:3 video mode or stills? Just wondering as I plan to be recording in 4:3 for a while as my current computer (12" powerbook) sadly can't actually handle playing HD video.
Not any vignetting with the large one.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:27 PM   #1058

One thing, if you were thinking of geting this camera over a STILL ONLY digital camera, then you might be sorry.. I dont really like the quality of the STILLS as compared to my FUJI 8mb digital camera... or even my little 5.1 pocket digital camera....

I only use the still to put on video when using this camera.. and for quick email..

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:45 PM   #1059

Thanks derx!

@djqwik: Well I shall remain optimistic. Based on the photos I've seen taken with the HD700 already I am blown away. The money I'll save on film and developing I tell you!

Another Q: About how many hours of TV-SHQ do you think could be recorded onto an 8GB card?
squirrel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:53 PM   #1060

I agree. The quality of my fuji f30 stills (extrem good low-light pocket) is much better. But for my opinion - in daylight - the quality of the xacti stills is ok (better than other camcorders). You don´t have to carry a second still cam. I like the 16:9 still mode as well.

You can record 5h 14min on a 8gb sdhc in tv-shq mode.