Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 12, 2008, 12:03 PM   #1081

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Sanyo Xacti hd700 (all on Auto) These are shots of Mass in Little fall, Battleship Cove, Concord Minuteman Nat'l park, and Slem ma HOuse of the Seven Gables.

Hope you enjoy the photos and they were downsized with Lunapic.com, raw footage , not touched with any adjustments
Nice snaps, fishycomics, but couldn't have been taken with a HD700 as you and I both know it's not a good still camera. :G
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 12:37 PM   #1082

Pretty sweet pics fishycomics.

Here are some great pics I found on flickr that were taken by someone using the hd700:

http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2321007071/

http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2320917505/

http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2321738316/

Honestly I think that great pics can be taken with any camera. It's all about the photographer and the subject.
squirrel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:14 PM   #1083

thankls both of ya.

well sanyo or AIptek I'll get some comparisons for ya, not gonna run to the EXT drive and be dissappointed that files vanished again, as well as this Adminstrator pc LMAO.

the Battleship Cove one I may have to revisit due to Sanyo 50% blurred the shots will have to mod a battery to it as I ran shy of the duration.

I love the Blue, can get it deeper for a real look.and the grey for a more older look and the house wish I had inside shots LOL

thanks again and yep any cam will work it is the person behind it.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:31 PM   #1084

well we say how bad the sanyo snaps , under very wet conditions here are thebad ones.

well just look at these first then the bad ones , next post

Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:38 PM   #1085

here are the wet ones, tried to ring them out to dry

Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:02 PM   #1086

Hi guys, just after some help.

I recently purchased the HD700 and have taken lots of video and photos.

However, I seem to have a problem playing the video footage back on my PC.

I installed quicktime which came with the CD buit it doesnt want to know about it. Nothing happens when I play the video through quicktime. I opened it up in media player 11 which works however the audio starts going out of time.

It could be my computer which is starting to get a little old now. Perhaps it just cant keep up.

Any thoughts anyone ?

Cheers.
Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:35 PM   #1087

Oz. your pc you say is old and it may just be that

the requirements are mentioned on the box and on the site.

older pcs yes tend to do just that strugle. it is best not to worry bout simplethings. enjoy

Ozzman wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys, just after some help.

I recently purchased the HD700 and have taken lots of video and photos.

However, I seem to have a problem playing the video footage back on my PC.

I installed quicktime which came with the CD buit it doesnt want to know about it. Nothing happens when I play the video through quicktime. I opened it up in media player 11 which works however the audio starts going out of time.

It could be my computer which is starting to get a little old now. Perhaps it just cant keep up.

Any thoughts anyone ?

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:59 PM   #1088

Not sure what to make of the top two. Lens on at a 45-degree angle? :lol:

When you said moisyure problems I pictured what I'd see elsewhere, they have the full zoom range on and the HD700 is capabe for some very close focus and focused on the water droplets on the lens instead of the subject. This is something else.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:05 PM   #1089

l8nighter wrote:
Quote:
Man dvd-flick http://www.dvdflick.net/is awesome! It did in 1 hour what it took Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 over 9 hours to do! In the current release you cannot make any DVD menus, it just starts the movies when you put the DVD into your player. But the current beta version supports DVD menus and will be out shortly. I just can't explain how awesome this software is because for oneit's open source and free but the fact that its so fast! I am glad that I didn't spend hundres of dollars on Vegas because this software works great and I will probably give them some money as a donation. You just copy the .mp4 file directly from your HD700 to your computer and away you go. Like I said using Elements with 720p HD video it took 9 hours to convert to DVD a 1 hour recording and almost 24 hours for a 2 hour recording with menus. dvd-flick is also multi-core aware which I don't believe Elements is. So I just wanted to let everyone know to give this software a shot because it solved all my performance issues.
Wow, I just downloaded it and tried a trial burn. On my core 2 duo 3GHz, it was about real time.... a 7 minute DVD took 7 minutes to render. And the interesting bit is that the total CPU utilization is about the same as when I use PE3.... about 50-60 percent with one CPU much more heavily used than the other. Interestingly, when it transitions from one input file to the next, the heavily used CPUs trade places.

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 5:33 AM   #1090

it was raining all day, and the cam was on the heat from the hand and cam, not good

most my shotswere not zoomed and I am sure ALL of them was not zoomedin thePics here that I mention Wet ones.

It was the the focal forsure LOL