Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:12 AM   #1131

The dock is pretty important in the package as it provides the video output onto the tv and also is the only way to use the Xacti library feature!

Ive just ordered a magnetic Wide Angle, extra battery and also a tripod for my HD700! Its getting quite expensive lol!

@ maddude - I would turn the image stabilization off unless your going to be shooting something with full zoom. As it crops the already limited wide angle of the HD700.

Also i wouldnt keep it on iso 200 all the time, in daylight just keep it on auto and there will be no noise.. Indoors shooting though i wouldnt go above iso200 unless noise doesn't bother you.

I have not tested the Movie NR function much yet. But the time i did try it it seemed to make no difference at all!? Maybe someone else has a different experience.
craigyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:56 AM   #1132

Ifyou can live without it , you'll not be able to use a library, transfer files, charge the unit,and watch it on a tube

I use the library eature and that I am happy to have the library. And c harge the unit, iam happy with the docking station.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 2:17 PM   #1133

Hi !

Anybody know why the RED version of HD700 is much cheaper than the other colors? Just see this link : http://www.pixmania.com/no/no/s_acti...rch/index.html

I'm thinking about this cam, I need an easy cam that is GOOD ENOUGH as a replacement for an 5 year old and broken JVC DV-cam. I don't need the best video-quality, but decent low-light performance is required.

Anybody have a sample of a "chrismas eve's" dim lightening? Have watched a lot of indoor samples, but everyone is done either in daylight or with much lightning sources in the room.

Regards,
Kjetil, Norway
kjbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:01 PM   #1134

it is a color one may not want, that is offered less ofa price, if the color works then aall else will work

whatever shot

will work fine .
Old Apr 5, 2008, 1:52 AM   #1135

For those of you who still haven't figured out how to get the HD700 to keep taking video when the screen is closed - all it takes is a little magnetic shielding over the magnet.

That little piece of steel shim, 3 thous of an inch thick, about 3/4 inch square, at the lower left of the image, is all you need. I taped mine in place with a piece of polyester tape, so it can easily be removed...

Enjoy !!

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 1:37 PM   #1136
C-P

Won't the edge of that thing scratch the flap with the LCD panel?

I was using a piece of tinfoil (folded several times) to shield mine and while experimenting with the magnet/reed switch on the camera, I also found that the british penny also sticks to magnets and its size covers an area large enough to shield it properly; still I was worried about scratching the panel and would prefer something slightly thinner.

Ideally, something covered with some cloth or other smooth material would be suited for such cases. How thick in mm is '3 thous of an inch' btw?
C-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:31 PM   #1137

Lessee, 0.003 inch = 0.003 x 25.4 mm (: you work it out

This shim is too thin to scratch anything, if you are careful, and once it is taped down the tape will stop movement (and scratching) :-)

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:51 PM   #1138

Use some clear tape over the metal.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:29 AM   #1139

Some footage of todays unexpected snowfall here.

http://www.vimeo.com/865762

Craig
craigyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:21 AM   #1140

very nicely done

Sony Vegas 8 iswhat I have ittakes nottoo long but will not save HD format the upgraded one will. my Othe rprograms are as long or longer. And cannotsee the transitions either vegas ican see some

craigyc wrote:
Quote:
Some footage of todays unexpected snowfall here.

http://www.vimeo.com/865762

Craig